• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Who was the one who said we would get a PS4 equivalent of the GTHD PS3 demo?

Something to show it off on PS4 and keep fans salivating.

Takuya

Banned
if you take the 15 year old american cover car and the new one..

OFyxmnv.jpg

it looks like we have come a long way..

was it ever revealed what the cover car was on the NA GT1 cover..?

The catch is that, the bottom is completely computer-generated using the in-game engine with real-time cloth physics and "GTREALLIFE Lighting(tm)" :p

saladine1

ron-paul.gif

I don't want to see how it looks like. I don't want to see anything. Just give me an audio demo of what GT6 sounds like. This is all I care about at the moment.
Fingers fucking crossed!

Angst

I feel like they owe me an invite for my service in the Forza Vs GT thread.

You and metalmurphy should have front seats and get signed posters
from Translator-San
if they used the vs thread as an indicator for invites.

Man

It's crazy that Sony will seemingly have Gran Turismo 6 ready for PS4 launch period (on both PS3 & PS4)...
All the GT5 delays, concepts, HD builds etc.... it will all be forgotten and Kazunori Yamauchi internal saint status will once more be proven.

Gran Turismo is Sony's absolute strongest card to pull, the equivalent to MS launching their next console with Halo 5.

Please god, no.

Well, we may never know for sure because Kaz doesn't even remember what's under it

For over ten years, the GTPlanet community has tried to figure out what type of car is under the sheet on the North American cover of the first Gran Turismo game; many think it is a 1997 Camaro. Can you finally put this debate to rest and reveal what the car is?

[Laughs, a long pause...] I think it was just a sportscar, nothing really strange, but I really don’t remember…I’ll have to look that up!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turism...e-kazunori-yamauchis-2012-gtplanet-interview/

It's crazy that Sony will seemingly have Gran Turismo 6 ready for PS4 launch period...
All the GT5 delays, concepts, HD builds etc.... it will all be forgotten and Kazunori Yamauchi internal saint status will once more be proven.

Gran Turismo is Sony's absolute strongest card to pull, the equivalent to MS launching their next console with Halo 5.

I'm not convinced that GT6 is a PS4 title. It may be a cross generational title, but I seriously doubt it's going to be solely for the PS4.

Takuya

Banned
I'm not convinced that GT6 is a PS4 title. It may be a cross generational title, but I seriously doubt it's going to be solely for the PS4.

GT6p PS3 -> GT6PS4

Give current PS3 owners a taste of what GT6 will bring, buy PS4 to experience the whole game1

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
A second GT game in a generation always tends to be massive. We can probably expect 4x the amount of tracks and tons of cars, hopefully all premium.

Man

Well I'm *certain* it's cross-generation or else they would be throwing away large amounts of money.

Az

I believe they will break the tradition of two GT's per generation this time. We might get a Prologue for both consoles, than GT6 in early to mid 2014 on PS4.

Well I'm *certain* it's cross-generation or else they would be throwing away large amounts of money.

That's easier said than done. How easy would it be to port a game developed on the Cell to an all new architecture? And even if it's possible, look at how long it took them simply get GT5 out the door and that was with them developing the game for ONE console.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I believe they will break the tradition of two GT's per generation this time. We might get a Prologue for both consoles, than GT6 in early to mid 2014 on PS4.
Nah, there's just too much money at stake. GT6 will be released for the PS3.

glaurung

was it ever revealed what the cover car was on the NA GT1 cover..?
Nissan Skyline perhaps? I could be wrong, don't quote me on that.

But if GT6 is a launch game for PS4, we have another amazing connection with the launch of PS2 - GT3 was a near-launch title for that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GT6 will be released on both PS3 and PSGawd

GT6 PS3 makes sense. They have a huge audience to reap $$ from, and a presumably easy/standard development process.

But if this is an event, they need to blow people away with a PS4 demoing/trailer. I wonder how far they are with any PS4 development. I'm sure a ton of folks would eat up GT6 for this Winter, and then eat up a next gen sequel immediately after the following Christmas.

Qassim

They won't release anything Gran Turismo on PS4 with DriveClub releasing at launch.

You're saying Sony isn't consistently stupid when it comes to the release of their first party titles? That they haven't repeatedly sent games out to die? :p

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
CVG said a new GT title will be revealed soon and I absolutely believe them since they nailed the PS4 event prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom