• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

A few people in the other NHL threads have been calling dibs on teams already:

Code:
EASTERN CONFERENCE                                       WESTERN CONFERENCE

[B]Atlantic[/B]                                                 [B]Central[/B]

New Jersey -                                             Chicago - wsoxfan1214
New York Islanders -                                     Columbus - 
New York Rangers -                                       Detroit - LukeSmith
Philadelphia -                                           Nashville - sefskillz
Pittsburgh -                                             St. Louis - 

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston -                                                 Calgary - 
Buffalo -                                                Colorado - 19 & 21
Montreal - Red_Man                                       Edmonton - Smiley90
Ottawa -                                                 Minnesota - Marvie_3
Toronto - ACES11                                         Vancouver - 

[B]Southeast[/B]                                                [B]Pacific[/B]

Carolina -                                               Anaheim - BigJonsson
Florida -                                                Dallas - 
Tampa Bay -                                              Los Angeles - 
Washington - LiveWire                                    Quebec City - 
Winnipeg -                                               San Jose -

I'll take the Ducks

zsswimmer

Yeah after 2 not so great games for me, the goalie throwing out the puck to guy (who I had covered in case of goalie bullshit) and scores on a practically open net. I swear 90% of my gaming rage comes from this series of games.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah after 2 not so great games for me, the goalie throwing out the puck to guy (who I had covered in case of goalie bullshit) and scores on a practically open net. I swear 90% of my gaming rage comes from this series of games.

Happened again the game after you left. This game is fucking punishing us hard for winning a banner.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sorry about missing a couple games there, something came up and I was playing like shit all night I had 5 different people walking in front of me while I was playing. Got some nice feeds from ACES though, nice job man.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How have I never seen this thread before, fuck me.

I played a shitton of NHL 11, but then didn't buy 12. Will get 13, my name is on that list. Be A Pro team-wise, mhmm.. I usually play Center, but seeing as how that's probably the most popular position... What's most needed for next season? I'll try to educate myself on it. Anything but Goalie, I SUCK at goalie.

Marvie_3

Banned
How have I never seen this thread before, fuck me.

I played a shitton of NHL 11, but then didn't buy 12. Will get 13, my name is on that list. Be A Pro team-wise, mhmm.. I usually play Center, but seeing as how that's probably the most popular position... What's most needed for next season? I'll try to educate myself on it. Anything but Goalie, I SUCK at goalie.

Varies from day to day really. We have several people that can play multiple spots so just get comfortable with one or two and really work at those. We can shuffle spots depending on who is playing that night.

Smiley90

Varies from day to day really. We have several people that can play multiple spots so just get comfortable with one or two and really work at those. We can shuffle spots depending on who is playing that night.

Sweet. I'll see how rusty I am with NHL13 and then go with whatever I find.

So from the looks of it there'll be a 30-gaf-member league on the 360 for sure, that also eliminated the risk of someone screwing over the AI with bad trades, since there won't be any AI teams. Screwing over other GAF members is legal if they're ready to be screwed over.

Like I said in the other team: The first simulated NHL 2013 Entry Draft will be the single greatest NHL moment in history, when all 30 of us sit in front of our electric scout-compiled data, pick players and then check out their ratings and talent predictions. Glorious.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sweet. I'll see how rusty I am with NHL13 and then go with whatever I find.
You could always play OTP in NHL 11 to shake off some of the rust.

So from the looks of it there'll be a 30-gaf-member league on the 360 for sure, that also eliminated the risk of someone screwing over the AI with bad trades, since there won't be any AI teams. Screwing over other GAF members is legal if they're ready to be screwed over.

Like I said in the other team: The first simulated NHL 2013 Entry Draft will be the single greatest NHL moment in history, when all 30 of us sit in front of our electric scout-compiled data, pick players and then check out their ratings and talent predictions. Glorious.
Change this to piles of alcohol and it's more accurate.

Smiley90

You could always play OTP in NHL 11 to shake off some of the rust.

Change this to piles of alcohol and it's more accurate.

I think I might actually do that once the date gets closer to NHL 13 release. Gonna trade in NHL 11 to get it, too lol. Damn why can't they bring out the games earlier.

Red_Man

3-Time All-Star! Congrats Viz
Stupid question, but how does one become an all star besides threatening the creators of the game with brass knuckles?

Also @ Smiley, our greatest positional needs tends to be Wingers for the most part, if you like D you we only have a couple regulars who play that as well. Is there any news on if they'll allow clubs to play simultaneous games at once next season?

Marvie_3

Banned
Stupid question, but how does one become an all star besides threatening the creators of the game with brass knuckles?
ikjb5ovJWY3Ai.gif

Also @ Smiley, our greatest positional needs tends to be Wingers for the most part, if you like D you we only have a couple regulars who play that as well. Is there any news on if they'll allow clubs to play simultaneous games at once next season?
Wingers/Dmen are usually where we end up short. Between me, Legit, Noz, and Viz, we usually have center covered in any game.

Red_Man

:lol I see....

Also I need to get a new controller, sometimes when I do the setup slap shot my guy ends up crouching for a hip check due to my wonky thumb stick and a guy touches me and I take a penalty.

Stat!

Sorry about missing a couple games there, something came up and I was playing like shit all night I had 5 different people walking in front of me while I was playing. Got some nice feeds from ACES though, nice job man.

Thanks. I kinda (re: completely) played like crap after being rusty for a month. I still hate the input delay. Or that I feel its necessary to "charge" up my pass.

No kidding. I'm sorry I scored in our own net but I swear I did not call for it once or was even expecting it. What the hell was going on?

Also, Marv. Nice shortside goal. I didn't know you could do that in NHL 12.

3-Time All-Star! Congrats Viz

thanks champ!

for Legit's question about how to be named an All-Star

I think it's like the top ?% of players by position by PPG if I had to guess
I only make it because no one plays defenseman in EASHL and when I do play D I usually contribute a good number of assists

The cheesers have the forward spots locked up with their "production"

Marvie_3

Banned
It sucks hardcore for bigger clubs. No one likes sitting out, but it's what must be done.
Gives you some alone time with your wife though. How is Baaaaaarbara by the way?

thanks champ!

I only make it because no one plays defenseman in EASHL and when I do play D I usually contribute a good number of assists

Legit should be an All-Star for his playoff run alone.

Smiley90

Ever since finding this thread yesterday, I've been giddy to dust out the old NHL 11. I'll do that once I get home from work tonight.

Smiley90

[The franchise’s most popular mode goes connected allowing gamers to manage, play, or coach with and against friends in their own 30 team human controlled league. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they’ll never miss a single moment.

Check back in June for further details, assets and insights from the development team.]

so hopefully we'll get more info on online GM soon. (they have other feature-explanation-dates listed as july and august, so June seems like a set time, not just something vague)

Also, companion app yay

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh, Legit actually got better? Cool beans.
Legit is all man now. Full bush of hockey pubes and everything.

[The franchise’s most popular mode goes connected allowing gamers to manage, play, or coach with and against friends in their own 30 team human controlled league. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they’ll never miss a single moment.

Check back in June for further details, assets and insights from the development team.]

so hopefully we'll get more info on online GM soon. (they have other feature-explanation-dates listed as july and august, so June seems like a set time, not just something vague)

Also, companion app yay
They usually stretch info releases out over the summer to build interest rather than putting it all out there at once.

Smiley90

Legit is all man now. Full bush of hockey pubes and everything.

They usually stretch info releases out over the summer to build interest rather than putting it all out there at once.

I like that they're talking about GM mode early on, since it's the feature i'm bu far most interested in. The "better ai! Better skating! Better goalies" thing is the same deal every year.

Stat!

Extremely disappointing news. EA decided not to include fantasy draft in online GM. We can however "randomize" the rosters so no one gets stuck with the Blue Jackets or something. I'm also not sure if we want to wait until the first roster update so certain teams get their rookies.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/n...know-about-nhl-13-39-s-gm-connected-mode.aspx

Everything here.

This is good. The reason? It would become tedious. However, they chose to include a full 82 game schedule for 25 years (like that wouldn't be tedious instead). Maybe we can do something like simming a ton of our games (I'll give EA credit for a huge upgrade in the SIM engine last year while playing the playoffs or something) and playing the playoffs. Basically, it would require you to be good at managing your team so you make the playoffs and then actually being good enough to win.

Ugh seriously? This is awful. You can't actually have a draft. You submit a list of priority players but we can't have a live draft.

I don't really understand EA. It takes 15 minutes to go through their message board and OperationSports to find that features like the phone system or the rating system are absolutely awful. The rating systems has been awful for years with too many players being over 80 by the year 2015. And the problem is, it creates players wanting too much money based on being a rookie or something stupid like that. Between this, and their press conference, it's continually clear how out of touch the NHL Dev team is with their fans.

Smiley90

Extremely disappointing news. EA decided not to include fantasy draft in online GM. We can however "randomize" the rosters so no one gets stuck with the Blue Jackets or something. I'm also not sure if we want to wait until the first roster update so certain teams get their rookies.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/n...know-about-nhl-13-39-s-gm-connected-mode.aspx

Everything here.

This is good. The reason? It would become tedious. However, they chose to include a full 82 game schedule for 25 years (like that wouldn't be tedious instead). Maybe we can do something like simming a ton of our games (I'll give EA credit for a huge upgrade in the SIM engine last year while playing the playoffs or something) and playing the playoffs. Basically, it would require you to be good at managing your team so you make the playoffs and then actually being good enough to win.

Ugh seriously? This is awful. You can't actually have a draft. You submit a list of priority players but we can't have a live draft.

I don't really understand EA. It takes 15 minutes to go through their message board and OperationSports to find that features like the phone system or the rating system are absolutely awful. The rating systems has been awful for years with too many players being over 80 by the year 2015. And the problem is, it creates players wanting too much money based on being a rookie or something stupid like that. Between this, and their press conference, it's continually clear how out of touch the NHL Dev team is with their fans.
I
Did you mean to have quotes in your post? It seems like it, but i dont see them.

Also, it's slightly annoying, but i can see how annoying it'd be to draft full NHL and AHL teams and I'm actually okay with that.

7. Free agency includes both unrestricted and restricted free agents, and it's handled via seven bidding periods. The highest bidders win the services of the player, and if you strike out you have several more rounds to find an adequate replacement. 

I like this. Also wish we'd have a "small" fantasy draft for like 2 rounds and then randomize the rest, so there's SOME choice, but as it stands I'm okay with that.

But FUCK YOU EA WHY NO ENTRY DRAFT THAT WAS GOING TO BE THE BEST PART.

Everything else looks great, loving the different modes, i think we should do a GAF-ALL-GM league with 1 GM per team and all simulated games to make a manager league, and then maybe join an online teamplay league as a gaf-all-players 1 single team. (? If that makes sense)
15. EA plans to release a mobile app that allows players to stay engaged with their leagues when they're away from their consoles. From the app, players can juggle team rosters, scour the waiver wire, propose trades, and read about league happenings.  

AWESOME.

9. While running your team you have full access to the entire list of players in the organization, including the AHL, CHL, and foreign league prospects. 

10. The commissioner controls how quickly the league advances. You can opt for either three-day, one-week, or two-week periods.

Also awesome.

15. EA plans to release a mobile app that allows players to stay engaged with their leagues when they're away from their consoles. From the app, players can juggle team rosters, scour the waiver wire, propose trades, and read about league happenings.  

YESSSSSSSSSS love it.

Overall, Entry Draft is my biggest setback, but with priority we'll see how it works... Slightly disappointed, but they probably did it for time-reasons (since a 10 round entry draft with 30 players would take forever), so I can live with it. Sounds AMAZING overall.

Stat!

The entry draft is seven rounds not ten. Just like in real life.

But the fantasy draft is 30 or 32 rounds in Be-A-GM. It's not 45. Basically, the rest are auto-signed after the draft.

It's not tedious since you do it once. What is tedious? 82 games over 25 years. No one's going to do that. But people will do one fantasy entry draft. Or if we don't want to sit there drafting 30 guys, let us pre-rank players just like the "priority draft".

Anyways, we'll see.

from the GameInformer article:

6. In six-on-six online team play leagues, you can have up to 25 users per each team. This allows teams to have a ringer take the role of a regular when they're short a body.

mark this as the day the EASHL died

Smiley90

The entry draft is seven rounds not ten. Just like in real life.

But the fantasy draft is 30 or 32 rounds in Be-A-GM. It's not 45. Basically, the rest are auto-signed after the draft.

It's not tedious since you do it once. What is tedious? 82 games over 25 years. No one's going to do that. But people will do one fantasy entry draft. Or if we don't want to sit there drafting 30 guys, let us pre-rank players just like the "priority draft".

Anyways, we'll see.

It's not like we'll PLAY 82 games over 25 seasons. Simulate a week every day, get 7 seasons done during the regular season or so.

Not sure what you're saying, but do you mean that this mode is so good (which, in my eyes, it is) that it will replace EASHL? Or so bad that noone will play it?

Stat!

EASHL won't die...I think.

Why? You can only have 30 people per league (But 25 per team). And you aren't making your own guy which is the draw to a lot of people..

You can also only play within that league. So we can't play against a different random team thus limiting ourselves.

Maybe a portion of EASHL would be hurt by this but let's be honest. If we had 12 people here, we could do OTP games within each other.

It's not like we'll PLAY 82 games over 25 seasons. Simulate a week every day, get 7 seasons done during the regular season or so.

I know we won't. But EA called one thing tedious but allowed something even more tedious in which was the point I was trying to make.

For me, I'd rather simulate more than a week at a time everyday. 7 seasons isn't really a lot. It's barely anything to be perfectly honest. One season usually takes 15-20 minutes to sim offline. I know its going to be slower online but trying to gauge how long it will take. I'd rather play a few different dynasties that last 20 seasons or so. That way, building your team actually matters. 7 seasons means you don't really get to see anyone develop after the 3rd year. After the 3rd year, draft picks are useless. Of course, I'm sure we'll start with a full group to start but as the season goes on, people may drop.

Maybe something like, we sim 2-3 months every few days while stopping at like December, Feb, Trade Deadline, April. Then the playoffs, you have to play. It allows people to build their team so we see managers scouting, developing, and drafting prospects but getting to use their team during the playoffs in a tournament.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Smiley90

EASHL won't die.

Why? You can only have 30 people per league (But 25 per team). And you aren't making your own guy which is the draw to a lot of people..

You can also only play within that league. So we can't play against a different random team thus limiting ourselves.

Maybe a portion of EASHL would be hurt by this but let's be honest. If we had 12 people here, we could do OTP games within each other.

Internal GAF league, every week random teams of 3v3 (or however many are available), stats accumulate over a certain period of time. Yes/no?

Marvie_3

Banned
Maybe we can do something like simming a ton of our games
I think we should have one league for only simming and one playable with a shorter schedule. Not everyone has time to play all the time and nobody wants to play an 82 game schedule.

Lack of fantasy draft sucks though.

Also wish we'd have a "small" fantasy draft for like 2 rounds and then randomize the rest
We can still do that outside the game and just adjust afterwards.

I think that's what the EASHL is transitioning into. We could always have a private GAF league and keep an EASHL club running as well.

Internal GAF league, every week random teams of 3v3 (or however many are available), stats accumulate over a certain period of time. Yes/no?
Possibly.

Smiley90

Oooooooh! We can just do a fantasy draft OUTSIDE of the game and then do all the "picks" via trades before the season starts! Smart call, a bit of a hassle, but eliminates the problem.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oooooooh! We can just do a fantasy draft OUTSIDE of the game and then do all the "picks" via trades before the season starts! Smart call, a bit of a hassle, but eliminates the problem.

Not all 30 rounds or anything. Maybe 10-15.

Club games tonight? We gots us a banner to raise!

Red_Man

Legit should be an All-Star for his playoff run alone.
Awe shucks, you're too much. It won't be happening again anytime soon :lol and Show and Viz's D really won us that banner.
thanks champ!

Ahh I see, that's still pretty awesome congrats, you're like Mike Green only you know how to play defense too!

Dunno if I can play tonight, have people over again.

Stat!

Apparently banner will raise at the beginning of every game that we play during the next month.

With that being said, I'm online if anyone is down for games.

Not sure what you're saying, but do you mean that this mode is so good (which, in my eyes, it is) that it will replace EASHL? Or so bad that noone will play it?

sounds a lot better to me, EASHL unless it gets an overhaul is gonna be a joke compared to this

EASHL won't die...I think.

a lot of people are looking for something different. EASHL has gone largely unchanged since it's inception besides the "1 team at a time change".

anyone that's experienced enough of EASHL knows that making your own guy is not really a draw when the underlying game, its ratings and systems are broken. I think you are honestly gonna see most people that want to play legit games just transition over the Be-A-GM as long as it works as promised and the EASHL will be left to only the scum that care primarily about exploiting the game and scoring 4000 goals in 200 games.

Like Marvie said we could, and are probably are going to do both, because of the "time constraints" of the Be-A-GM, and not being able to play a lot of games within a short amount of time, but I am looking forward to GM Connected 100x more than EASHL, because I think it will play a much better brand of hockey with the ratings being in check as well as the fact that you will need to line change. Also having a true season and playoff format, and maybe the peace of mind that you will know your opponent and be able to control filtering out douches.

Just think, we wont have to scout teams and constantly drop out of games, more than likely a lot of the exploit goals wont happen because the players shooting ratings wont all 99's, like I said "line changes" and handling fatigue and player differentiation all add another layer of strategy.

We already have the perfect setup here at GAF with plenty of people willing and able between our EASHL vets, NHL GAF, and new blood. I really anticipate a GAF league being a lot of fun and a big success.

Top Bottom