• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel announces Iron Fist season 2

Pachimari

[UPDATE]
The show is changing showrunners for Season 2!
EW has learned the Marvel superhero drama will change showrunners for its next round. Scott Buck (Dexter) is stepping down from the top writing gig on the show with Raven Metzner (Sleepy Hollow, Falling Skies) being hired to fill the top slot.

Fucking ELEKTRA writer!!!

------------------

Just in. The Defenders panel is happening at SDCC and Marvel just announced a second season for Iron Fist. Misty Knight from Luke Cage will be part of it.

They haven't mentioned a showrunner.

[edit]
Variety has also reported on this now.

sJPosvc.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Took long enough, but the end of Season 1 provides a much better setting to work with than what Season 1 was.

I assume he'll start his training anew, but I still don't think Netflix has the balls to go full Immortal Iron Fist on it.

Pachimari

I will be thrilled about this if they find another showrunner.

Not a second sooner will I get my arms up in the air for this.

FelipeMGM

Be something more than just basic dum dum superhero show and you good

The reason the other Marvel/Netflix shows are so good is because they are more than that, and they just use the superhero motife to tell stories in other genres

I'm excited. I hope they do it right this time. Love the character.

(Please no Scott Buck).

And FFS do some actual fight choreography this time.

Bleepey

Finn Jones needs to get in the gym

Scott Buck needs to hire the Martial Law stunt team

He also needs to learn to not bore the fuck out of me. Watch Arrow S2 to learn how to better pace your show

Primus

Episode 1: Misty Knight shows up, she and Colleen Wing beat the living crap out of Danny Rand.

Remaining 12 episodes: DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON.

GKnight

Banned
They should have waited to see if Danny was any good in Defenders first.

Also they should have just combined Iron Fist and Luke Cage no need for two shows to exist. Also, no Luke Cage in Iron Fist?

Will Misty Knight be a love interest now, even though they cast her character way too old for Danny?
It will be weird after really the only decent thing about Iron Fist season 1 was Colleen and Danny's relationship, but they aren't even supposed to be a couple so I'm sure most people wouldn't care.

Nyanmaruz

I am willing to let Scott Buck fuck with the Inhumans if it means that we get another/better showrunner for Iron Fist going forward.

sarcastor

i don't remember season 1 of iron fist. I do remember watching a slow ass series about some kids losing a firm with sporadic kung fu

POmY8vi.jpg

I'm way down. I thought Iron Fist was the weakest of the Marvel Netlfix shows but I still enjoyed my time with it enough.

Hopefully the 2nd season has some serious improvements

I'm down, but man they need to pump in some budget into this, also can they please step up the martial arts, specially for Finn Jones.
You know what screw the martial arts, just have him use his Iron Fist like more than once every 3-4 episodes.

WHHHYYYYYY

That first season was absolute garbage, probably the worst thing they've ever done. It was like The Room levels of bad at some points.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I had no problems with Finn Jones. He was just stuck acting in a Scott Buck joint. With a better showrunner and choreography, I expect even better things from him.

Nyanmaruz

Finn Jones needs to get in the gym

Scott Buck needs to hire the Martial Law stunt team

He also needs to learn to not bore the fuck out of me. Watch Arrow S2 to learn how to better pace your show
I heard from someone/somewhere that they actually only hired a stunt coordinator and not a fight choreographer for season 1.
It's a fucking disgrace.

Top Bottom