• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL Community Thread: Tank Controls > *

Mr_Zombie

Not much. You're near the end.
One hint: give Claire at least one item that will fully heal you and leave all powerful weapons for Chris. You're at the part of the game where you can easily screw yourself up because the game doesn't give you any hint about what's coming up.

Slight spoiler:
You will have one boss "battle" as Claire, where all you have to do is simply run away, and two (three if you count stages) proper boss battles as Chris.

strafer

So I've been playing some Raid Mode in Revelations, it would be awesome if they could add that to Resident Evil 7 and not only the Rev series or whatever.

Did anyone else got an email from Capcom about a survey for the whole RE franchise?

Here's the direct link, in case you didn't: https://www.residentevil.net/enquete/

I got it, it's a pretty indepth survey spanning the whole franchise. Seems like they are really interested in the diverse tastes of the RE fanbase. Everyone should give it a look because if they are using it to gauge interest in the direction of the series then it is best to make your voice heard.

So my RE series play through continues, this time with the only RE game I've never played in the past: RE3.
And I'm already "stuck" on the first Nemesis battle lol. Pretty brutal, especially after coming directly off of RE2's bosses. I've figured out that circling around his right is the most efficient way to get hits on him but he's still damn fast.

Ralemont

not me
It lets me check Claire in my favorite characters but it doesn't list her to select for all-time favorite. :(

...Enjoy your hollow victory, Jill.

Manu

It lets me check Claire in my favorite characters but it doesn't list her to select for all-time favorite. :(

...Enjoy your hollow victory, Jill.

Same thing happened to me. Picked Leon, Claire and Sherry as favorites, only Leon and Sherry showed below.

Mr_Zombie

So my RE series play through continues, this time with the only RE game I've never played in the past: RE3.
And I'm already "stuck" on the first Nemesis battle lol. Pretty brutal, especially after coming directly off of RE2's bosses. I've figured out that circling around his right is the most efficient way to get hits on him but he's still damn fast.

You do know that you don't have to fight him, right? ;)
If you didn't choose to run to the station (you would then need to go to the file room to get Jill's STARS card), you can just quickly grab Brad's card from his corpses and then run to the RPD.

There are only few mandatory Nemesis battles (the first being much later). You only need to defeat Nemesis every time you meet him if you want custom weapons, since he always leaves a weapon part (or a pack of FAS) after being defeated.

You do know that you don't have to fight him, right? ;)
If you didn't choose to run to the station (you would then need to go to the file room to get Jill's STARS card), you can just quickly grab Brad's card from his corpses and then run to the RPD.

There are only few mandatory Nemesis battles (the first being much later). You only need to defeat Nemesis every time you meet him if you want custom weapons, since he always leaves a weapon part (or a pack of FAS) after being defeated.
Oh I know. But I had more than enough ammo so I figured I could do it, and I was right! Got him after two more tries. Pretty tense stuff.

Elija2

Do we know yet if Revelations 2 has similar combat mechanics to RE6? I watched a few gameplay videos but I couldn't really tell (probably because the people playing weren't that good). It certainly looks a lot less dynamic.

Also do you guys think that getting the Complete Edition is worth it? I don't care about character costumes and I don't know how much content the raid map pack adds.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know yet if Revelations 2 has similar combat mechanics to RE6? I watched a few gameplay videos but I couldn't really tell (probably because the people playing weren't that good). It certainly looks a lot less dynamic.

Also do you guys think that getting the Complete Edition is worth it? I don't care about character costumes and I don't know how much content the raid map pack adds.

Rev 2 looks a lot slower and more clumsy than RE6. I think it was made for people who enjoyed Revelations and didn't like RE6.

Probably why I'm not gonna get it immediately and wait on reviews.

kuYuri

I had hands on with it at Comic-Con and it was definitely more in the vein of the first RE: Revelations than RE6.

Elija2

Rev 2 looks a lot slower and more clumsy than RE6. I think it was made for people who enjoyed Revelations and didn't like RE6.

Probably why I'm not gonna get it immediately and wait on reviews.

I had hands on with it at Comic-Con and it was definitely more in the vein of the first RE: Revelations than RE6.

Eh, now I'm not sure. I think I'll probably hold off too and get it in a sale or something.

Manu

So I'm replaying Revelations while waiting for Rev 2, and I'm surprisingly enjoying it more than the first time I played it.

Maybe because I already know what to expect from the game. I was so disappointed with my first playthrough.

tav7623

Was on Dread Central, saw this and thought some of y'all might find it interesting........I should note that this infographic only covers the mainline games and not the spinoff games.

regame.jpg

Mr_Zombie

"Despite being the lead character of the Resident Evil film series, Milla Jovovich's action heroine has never appeared in the games."

grumpy-cat-good-1.jpg

Soooo I've back in my frequent RE mood and wanted to read and partake in some good RE discussion but this thread is pretty inactive, so I've been reading through some of the other RE threads on GAF proper and decided to compile a list of the lengthier and more interesting ones in case any of you loons are as starved for RE discussion/reading as I am.

Basically I'm stealing that Alien Isolation LTTP compilation, except I'm not funny, sorry!

LTTP: Resident Evil 4 – Why is this considered the best RE game? by HippieHobo. This is a recent one with lots of good back and forth from fans of all eras of RE.

RTTP: Resident Evil 4 HD by sonicmj1. A nother nice little RE4 thread, focusing in particular on the console HD port.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC by Mpl90. Dreams were made true and then the picking apart begins. Updated control schemes and sharpening filters, oh my! 120 pages so go nuts.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil. by Love Deterrence. Pretty self explanatory. Newcomers and OG RE fans all get to explore the mansion together in glorious HD. Lots of fun reactions, tips, info, etc.

Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 Platform and Version Differences by randomwab. Handy lil guide!

Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil 2 - Which do you prefer and why? by Y2Kev. REmake obvs.
I still can't decide.

Favorite Resident Evil protagonist by SolVanderlyn. In case you want to judge people.

Your favorite Resident Evil antagonist? by Amentallica. Same idea as the other thread but unfortunately brief. More interesting perhaps though, given the series plethora of beasties.

Silent Hill 2 vs Resident Evil 2 by qindarka. A little survival horror death match is always fun.

LTTP: Resident Evil 6. why gamers got me vex by FreeMufasa. "I swear Leon is a wasteman. That Helena chick was feenin for him and he didnt even try to get the cheeks. Her naked ass sister literally jumped on him. What he do? push of her of the cliff :lolololololol" I'll say no more.

What made Resident Evil 4 the "perfect" game and caused RE5/6 to "falter"? by NotTheGuyYouKill. As much fun as it is to compare RE4 to what came before, it's probably more interesting to compare it to the superficially similar sequel(s) and parse out exactly what makes them feel so different.

LttF? (in Progress): Resident Evil 6 & Operation Raccoon City by Tav7263. Nice little thread on some of the more divisive entries in the series.

LTTP (In Progress): Resident Evil REmake. The horror, the horror... by yours truly. Shameless self-plug #1. This one's a pretty good read tbh.

Why does Resident Evil 3 get so little love? by me as well. In which the people who like RE3 stand up in unity against the crazies.

Resident Evil Code Veronica is a bland game by akaoni. Showing some CVX love here, or I guess hate.

Resident Evil 4 is the worst RE I've played and killed my favorite series ... by Toxa. You can tell by the title this was gonna be a long thread.

Resident Evil 6 is pretty damn FUN! by MYE. In case you are into that sort of thing. There are some nice gifs as per usual in an RE6 thread.

LTTP: Resident Evil 4 aka I regret calling this game overrated by Cheddaz. A heartwarming thread in which the OP redeems his terrible first post.

I just replayed Resident Evil 4 by Xtyle. Another healthy sized RE4 love thread!

LTTP: Resident Evil Remake by Berto. Because you can never have too many REmake LTTP's.

Resident Evil 4 vs. REmake by TheRedSnifit. RE4 by a hair for me. Some good discussion and namecalling concerning Mikami's magnum opi?

LTTP Resident Evil 5 by Somnid. Good thread on 5, from both fans and haters alike.

And last, but certainly not least:

Resident Evil 2 Appreciation Thread - Kamiya's Masterpiece by Y2Kev. Hell of a thread befitting for a hell of a game.

This is certainly not an exhaustive list, but may provide some interest to those starved for some quality RE talk.

Also, if anyone has any good essays, articles, or videos on Resident Evil games they could link me that would be much appreciated!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
That's a lot of RE threads lol. I'm always down for some RE talk. I'm replaying RE6 on PC after picking it up in the Steam sale and it's just as great as I remember.

That's a lot of RE threads lol. I'm always down for some RE talk. I'm replaying RE6 on PC after picking it up in the Steam sale and it's just as great as I remember.

Even though I really hated it the first time I kinda wanna play 6 again. Alas my PS3 is dead and I have a MacBook so lol

Manu

Looks like the go-to phrase now is "Resident Evil stopped at 3". Like CVX or REmake or Zero don't exist.

The hipster hate needs to stop.

BadWolf

Even though I really hated it the first time I kinda wanna play 6 again. Alas my PS3 is dead and I have a MacBook so lol

I definitely enjoyed it more on subsequent playthroughs because a lot of what I found to be annoying the first time through was a non-issue since I knew how to get through it.

And that combat system just gets sweeter and sweeter the more you learn it, brilliant stuff.

Capcom really really need to get better UI designers. The stuff they added in REmake like the new font and loading screens, and Revelations 2 (especially the atrociously cluttered raid mode) are gag inducing. Totally divorced from the tone of the games they are implemented in.

Looks like the go-to phrase now is "Resident Evil stopped at 3". Like CVX or REmake or Zero don't exist.

I don't think I've heard that before, even if there are people who only like the Classic RE games, most of them at love REmake, and many like CVX and Zero better than 5 or 6.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I feel like most people recognize that CVX and REmake and Zero have happened and are good games. A lot of people love RE4 and RE5 is generally considered to be a solid entry. It's really just RE6 and ORC that people look down on.

Manu

I feel like most people recognize that CVX and REmake and Zero have happened and are good games. A lot of people love RE4 and RE5 is generally considered to be a solid entry. It's really just RE6 and ORC that people look down on.

You'd be surprised.

I've heard stuff like "you're not really a fan because true fans hate the newer games. Since I hate them, I'm more of a fan than you are."

So... yeah.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You'd be surprised.

I've heard stuff like "you're not really a fan because true fans hate the newer games. Since I hate them, I'm more of a fan than you are."

So... yeah.

Umm, that's kind of silly. I love the new games and consider myself a huge RE fan. I can see why fans of old school RE hate the new games and wish that the formula hadn't changed, but all games need to evolve eventually. I think RE made the jump to modern mechanics quite well compared to some other franchises. If you're holding onto the past then you're going to have a lot of disappointment ahead.

Mr_Zombie

RE5: Untold Storied Bundle - why are you not on sale? (and when you finally are, why is the price drop usually so shitty) :(

Rean

So I finally managed to beat the first act of Revelations 2 the other day, and I have to say its pretty good. It gets pretty tense at times when there are only 1-3 enemies in the area which is great and it reminds me of RE1 in that way. The only thing that bothered me a little was that the heads don't explode during headshots, other than that it was great.

I've finally managed to get around to play Resident Evil Outbreak and man what I'd give for an updated version. It was ahead of it's time.

Semajer

I started the UHD version of RE4s Mercenaries today, and noticed that there is some Japanese text on the sides of the stage select screen. Does anyone know what it says?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Sorry for the bump, but on the off-chance that there are still some subscribers:

Hello Resi-GAF. Does anyone intend to do the OT for RE0? I figured I'd ask around before signing up.

Top Bottom