• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Regarding TLoU, it's unusual that...

Cramoss

Probably half of the people here saying they don't care about multiplayer at all would still play it if it were in the game, the multiplayer I mean.

I didn't hear much about Uncharted 2's MP either. Was pleasantly surprised.

I always play/buy games for the campaign though.

I wouldn't mind if it was something simplistic like UC2's multiplayer though.

B.O.O.M

I absolute love UC MP so I am eager to see what they do with TLOU. That said I'm guessing the MP reveal might be one of the last things to be shown..maybe a E3 reveal?

Ricky_R

I didn't hear much about Uncharted 2's MP either. Was pleasantly surprised.

I always play/buy games for the campaign though.

I wouldn't mind if it was something simplistic like UC2's multiplayer though.

Uncharted 2's MP had a beta though and it was talked about it a lot.

Mudkips

Banned
I really wish we had graphs and shit of games like this, Uncharted, Deadspace, etc. that show the number of players and the amount of time spent for single player, co-op, and other multiplayer modes.

I just cannot understand who is actually playing the multiplayer modes in games where multiplayer isn't the main focus.

I just cannot understand who is actually playing the multiplayer modes in games where multiplayer isn't the main focus.

People who enjoy it... such a crazy idea, I know.

I generally have no interest in military shooters, or many of the games built with MP in mind. For me, U2 multiplayer (up until the 1.05 update) was pure, simple, brilliance. And both U2 and U3 MP scratch an itch unlike any other game I've played. The flexibility and traversal are great. A game doesnt have to have multiplayer as its main focus for it to be a fun and enjoyable experience.

Superflat

I used to not care either but after getting a PC and spending 90% of my time on it on various multiplayer games, I'm down, especially if it's not a traditional style multiplayer mode. Keeping an element of a game under wraps because it sucks just don't seem like ND's style.

They also kept harping on that fact that they have a set-in-stone plan for rolling information out and I'm gonna have to trust that multiplayer info is coming.

I'm excited for it!

Make the multiplayer with more emphasis on player-agency (which would eliminate the dissonance from the single-player design standpoint and keeps it to the theme) and remove the XP design-dependant bullshit so we don't get to see fucking XP boosts on XX weekends or pre-orders to pave way for any imbalance on matchmaking. I would prefer to have an environment where I can set up set-pieces (blocking doors, setting traps) while I try to gain resources or survive depending on the game mode. I want to go into a multiplayer lobby as I want it without wondering if my game time has any bearing on how long my ticket can last before I enter a game session.

prwxv3

The game's marketing was poorly handled. They started off with a great teaser at VGA, showed an amazing gameplay demo at e3 featuring some of the best AI I have seen since FEAR. Then they went on a blackout, came back later showing some of the most retarded AI I have ever seen (the clickers), then the script leaked....

I pre-ordered the game last year, but I am not feeling it at all.

wat

gadwn

I'm so pumped for the multiplayer. Uncharted 2/3 are my most played online games this generation. On console at least. The most fun you can have out there in a MP shooter imho.

The game's marketing was poorly handled. They started off with a great teaser at VGA, showed an amazing gameplay demo at e3 featuring some of the best AI I have seen since FEAR. Then they went on a blackout, came back later showing some of the most retarded AI I have ever seen (the clickers), then the script leaked....

I pre-ordered the game last year, but I am not feeling it at all.

Wait what? Are you expecting the "clickers" to have the same awareness and survival instincts as the human enemies? This is like saying the "Feral Ghouls in fallout are more stupid than your bandit, therefore AI in Fallout is inconsistent".

What's more unusual is how the hype has completely evaporated for a game out in a month for something that was hyped as GotY for a long time

Tagg9

@TaylorsShelf @jamestskywalker @weekendconfirmd More MP details will be coming out soon.

More multiplayer details? How about any details?

I really wish we had graphs and shit of games like this, Uncharted, Deadspace, etc. that show the number of players and the amount of time spent for single player, co-op, and other multiplayer modes.

This is the best I can do for Uncharted 3. Assuming 6 million copies sold, that's an average of 70 multiplayer games played per person, or ~17.5 hours (far longer than the campaign).
DXnYznR.png

I'm optimistic for this game's MP because if it's anything similar to Uncharted 2 as in simple, fair and fun then I'm all for it! UC2's MP was by far my FAVORITE and probably only online MP I've clocked in so many hours in this gen. I must have put in over 200 hours online alone and that was after the infamous health patch. I never was able to try it pre patch 1.05 as I didn't own UC2 then.

Hazelhurst

The multiplayer can be a white screen for all I care, as long as we get that magical Naughty Dog single player experience.

golem

It really feels like theyve shown very little from this game so far, which is good in a way.. but im still not sure if i really want to play this (nevermind that i'll end up getting it for free anyways).

Or maybe the marketing campaign just hasnt kicked in yet.

resources are limited and time is limited, spend the resources on the single player and make it awesome instead of putting too much efforts into something that isn't the focus to begin with. they should've just removed it and told us this was a single player game only like what CD Projekt is doing with the witcher 3.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
resources are limited and time is limited, spend the resources on the single player and make it awesome instead of putting too much efforts into something that isn't the focus to begin with. they should've just removed it and told us this was a single player game only like what CD Projekt is doing with the witcher 3.

It may have perhaps also been a push from Sony to include multiplayer.
I don't like multiplayer in general, I just hope that the multiplayer was their focus for only a short period of time. The single player experience is what interests many of us.

Varth

One would think that even on GAF, ND would deserve a little more trust than that.

BTW: downloading right now what seems to be a MP preview code. I guess that's why they said there would be more details soon.

One would think that even on GAF, ND would deserve a little more trust than that.

BTW: downloading right now what seems to be a MP preview code. I guess that's why they said there would be more details soon.

If what you are downloading is the code provided a few days ago, it's just singleplayer content.

Likely they've weighed up the pros and cons of talking about it.

How many people will it convince to buy the game? How many more people will it just piss off?

Considering the reaction Tomb Raider's mp had it's hardly surprising they're focusing on the game's strengths.

Varth

If what you are downloading is the code provided a few days ago, it's just singleplayer content.

Bummer :(

I'm waiting for the SP code too, but I thought it was on disk as usual, and the coincidence between tweets and the arrival of the redeem code made me hope.

Still #teamMP, anyway, with 3 hours to go. I've never seen SP content sent via a client that downloads the code. It's typically MP betas that do this. Iwanttobelieve.

EDIT: Lincoln/Pittsburgh demo. MP better be playable at the event :mad:

cakefoo

I don't like the idea of having to replay a campaign just to get more playtime for my $60.

Multiplayer is less repetitious and I can play that mode if it's good for months.

Skilletor

Probably half of the people here saying they don't care about multiplayer at all would still play it if it were in the game, the multiplayer I mean.

I've yet to play a multiplayer match of anything that wasn't a fighting game or Gears of War 1 this generation. Useless to me.

Limanima

In this thread, people who are bad at multiplayer making absurd statements.

See? Why would you hope that? We hardly know anything about it. It could be amazing. How would it being scrapped improve anything?
is there any reason for this game to have mp, besides wasting resources that should go to sp?

is there any reason for this game to have mp, besides wasting resources that should go to sp?

Some people want a place to enjoy the world, characters, and gameplay beyond the singleplayer. I'll play the crap out of the campaign, but multiplayer is what I'll be enjoying with my friends; many of which I've known throughout U2's and U3's online modes.
And from what I understand, ND has people dedicated almost solely to developing the MP portions of their games. It would be a waste not to utilise them.
It's absurd how many people recoil at the idea of MP.

More content from an AAA developer? Maybe that's a reason why? And it's not like they've never done good MP before.
People care about multi in TLOU about as much as they care about multi in Bioshock or Metroid.
Plenty on people care about the MP. Heck, I think 3 or 4 threads were created in the past couple of weeks just asking about the MP.

Top Bottom