• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Regarding TLoU, it's unusual that...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It's weird that we we havn't seen anything about multiplayer for a game that was already supposed to be released, and even with the delay, is (iirc) gold and mere weeks from release?

Isn't this unusual? I'm having trouble thinking of another major AAA game like this where they've been as coy about multiplayer this late into the dev cycle. I mean, we know nothing.

This actually doesn't really worry me in any way, but I cannot help but wonder why they haven't shown or even talked about it.

It's weird that we we havn't seen anything about multiplayer for a game that was already supposed to be released, and even with the delay, is (iirc) gold and mere weeks from release?

Isn't this unusual? I'm having trouble thinking of another major AAA game like this where they've been as coy about multiplayer this late into the dev cycle. I mean, we know nothing.

This actually doesn't really worry me in any way, but I cannot help but wonder why they haven't shown or even talked about it.

Not unusual, just means it's likely to be tacked on.

Also, really surprised that it's only a few weeks away - haven't really seen much about it.

Wait, this game has multiplayer? Goddamn it. Most of the people actually interested in this game would trade away the multi in exchange for, say, 5 hours longer campaign or something.

Evolved1

Unless is was co-op then I would be very interested. No interested at all in death match multiplayer in a game like the TLoU.

But we have no idea what it is, like... at all.

I think this is really quite weird for such a high profile game. The game is out in just a few weeks.

Sorry shinobi, I thought I was up to date on all the TLoU threads. I missed yours somehow.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Multiplayer is not necessary for this game. I don't play ND games for the multiplayer. I just hope it wasn't their attempts to fix it, that caused it to have a 5 week delay. As this silence also may then mean that they were incapable of fixing it in time :(

Gadirok

I hope its a copy paste of what U2 and U3 had to offer, but they probably are silent on it because I suspect that they pushed for singleplayer priority and that should probably be done by now.

Multiplayer could always be fixed at a later date anyways, as long as they have the basic fundamentals.

Look at what warhawk and starhawk blossomed into. Not exactly the best at launch and borderline bad, but I think the games should have been reviewed at their current stages.

Grizzlies brought in alot of change for starhawk matches. And I can't just run into bases with a sidewinder like I used to.

Gadirok

more unusual with how little hype I see for it around GAF, considering it comes out in less than a month.

Most of the playstation fans are preoccupied between the Vita general and Next-gen discussion.

I'm sure there will be alot of talk around the games launch for months, whether its good or bad.

Duffyside

Banned
In this thread, people who are bad at multiplayer making absurd statements.

I'm hoping it got scrapped. I doubt I'll play more than one match anyway.

See? Why would you hope that? We hardly know anything about it. It could be amazing. How would it being scrapped improve anything?

Evolved1

Wait, this game has multiplayer? Goddamn it. Most of the people actually interested in this game would trade away the multi in exchange for, say, 5 hours longer campaign or something.

Well it seems from this thread many feel the same way... but ND has said this is their longest campaign to date, so that is good I guess. I mean if game length is an important factor for you.

Andrew.

Banned
Yet will the supposed tacked on multiplayer make reviewers knock the overall review score down a few notches in order to create a GAF meltdown?

Of course.

The money they spent developing the multiplayer never would have gone to 5 more campaign hours.

Loudninja

Yup, basically. Hope they scrapped it.
I dont get posts like this.

What would you hope for something like this when the game is basically done and it will do no good anyway?

See? Why would you hope that? We hardly know anything about it. It could be amazing. How would it being scrapped improve anything?
I dont get it either.

The game's marketing was poorly handled. They started off with a great teaser at VGA, showed an amazing gameplay demo at e3 featuring some of the best AI I have seen since FEAR. Then they went on a blackout, came back later showing some of the most retarded AI I have ever seen (the clickers), then the script leaked....

I pre-ordered the game last year, but I am not feeling it at all.

Evolved1

I do have the suspicion that the delay was related to multiplayer... but that is of course pure speculation.

Since it's weird they haven't shown it even so late, you wonder maybe it's not ready to be shown, and then *boom* game is delayed.

Makes you wonder.

Carl

I dont get posts like this.

What would you hope for something like this when the game is basically done and it will do no good anyway?

Because it'll no doubt be terrible anyway (like Uncharted 2 and 3's multiplayer) so they might as well have just scrapped the tacked on multiplayer and spend the time on the SP instead :)

Gbraga

No one cares about multiplayer.

I used to think that way, but after reading about the pre-order DLC bonuses I imagined a pretty interesting multiplayer, if it's anything like that, I do care about it.

I got the impression it was something that could be a Resident Evil multiplayer.

And since I'm on media blackout anyway, I wouldn't mind getting some multiplayer footage instead of new story trailers that I won't watch.

Andrew.

Banned
There's still a month left until release which means there is still time to show a brief preview of it. Still though, it is strange that they've kept a lid on it for this long amongst a generation of "multiplayer or else's"

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Yet will the supposed tacked on multiplayer make reviewers knock the overall review score down a few notches in order to create a GAF meltdown?

Of course.

Honestly, it only matters if you care for reviewers. GAF's impressions of a game are far more useful I have found.

I'm not bad at multiplayer, I just dont' care about it in story focused games. I hope it's scrapped because it will most likely be phoned in like Tomb Raiders was. If it is amazing I'll gladly eat my hat as I play it.

I never suggested it would improve anything either, but if it isn't there then what's the loss?

Duffyside

Banned
People who are bad at multiplayer =! people who don't care about multiplayer

You're right. Here's the mathematical fact:

People who don't care about multiplayer ~= people who are bad at multiplayer.

And, its sister equation, which is a fundamental law of the universe:

People who say "no one cares about multiplayer" = people who are awful at multiplayer.

No one cares about multiplayer.

I do. And I'm fairly certain there are a reasonable amount of people from the Uncharted community who are looking forward to it as well.

I'm hoping it got scrapped. I doubt I'll play more than one match anyway.

Perhaps you're just being sarcastic, but hoping that someones hard work gets scrapped simply because it doesn't appeal to you is shitty.

Anyway, from what I understand they aren't showing anything multiplayer related until they're ready.

Gadirok

Well I don't exactly plan for it to blow my mind like Red Dead Redemption did, but if they made MP free roam in a post apocalyptic world like RDR imagine the melt downs.

kvothe

Uncharted multiplayer was surprisingly good but also received little attention. Admittedly, they did show it off at least a little prior to launch but maybe they found that the money they put into pushing the mode into the public vision did little to actually push their sales.

I liked UC MP and was hoping ND would create a cool MP for TLoU but not hearing anything this late in the cycle means there is something going on.

Duffyside

Banned
Because it'll no doubt be terrible anyway (like Uncharted 2 and 3's multiplayer)

1338951548051.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You're right. Here's the mathematical fact:

People who don't care about multiplayer ~= people who are bad at multiplayer.

And, its sister equation, which is a fundamental law of the universe:

People who say "no one cares about multiplayer" = people who are awful at multiplayer.

I'm not awful at multiplayer

Gadirok

I do. And I'm fairly certain there are a reasonable amount of people from the Uncharted community who are looking forward to it as well.

I think alot of people from the community boards are looking forward to it since its arguably the biggest MP game and most talked about on the community boards since warhawk.

Top Bottom