• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Player 1 Podcast Topic

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
GhaleonQ said:
2. Games. These men do the legwork; sometimes, they will go so far as to GO TO GAMESPOT'S OR GAMESTOP'S NEW RELEASES SECTION and find games that are Japanese and/or don't have massive marketing budgets. I capitalize that statement because it's obvious such a thing must be too difficult for 90% of professional video game writers.
They also tend to go pretty in-depth on each week's downloadable games or at least have a vague awareness of what came out, which seems to be a big weak point for many podcasts/games writers.

I suppose that's more a point against them for you, though.

Scarecrow

Love this show. It's a weekly tradition for me: listening to this show while eating a KFC Double Down (previously, KFC Famous Bowls).

Pikelet said:
I like this podcast. Whoever said it was comfort food got it right, the show is kind of just pleasurable to listen to.

I also laugh at the Star Wars Episode 1 references :D

A communications disruption can mean only one thing....

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
dormerbot :lol

I used to be a regular POP listener, but have been pretty flaky the last 7-10 months

I've checked in every now and then, and was pleased to hear greg ford still on teh cast

nocode

I love this show as well. It it different than all the other great podcasts out there, and I love the chemistry between all the guys. Every time I bring it up on GAF it gets ignored though because GAF's face is ugly and stupid. Yeah

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
supermackem said:
Delayed cj is on his travels, they might record it today to go up late tonight but depends on cj according to a post on there forums.

Milo wanted to listen to it tonight! I'm very disappointed, I am!

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
TeethMummy said:
Milo wanted to listen to it tonight! I'm very disappointed, I am!
Oy then! I 'ear t'at CJ's got'en back from 'is trip, an' the crew's se' up to do a wee bit of Tuesday recordin' then, wot wot.

Blimey! I'd even wager tha' there's a good chance we'll see a new episode pop up sometime later thi' evenin'. Tha' is, if CJ's up for a spot o' editin', 'e is!

GhaleonQ

POP Ep.215: Epic Meh-ckey
This week! Epic Mickey, Kosmo Spin, Rock Band Reloaded, Flingsmash, the best pizza places, 3DS, OnLive microconsole, game controller cramps and blisters, what's in a name and absolutely no talk about World of Warcraft. Or, actually, ok, some talk about World of Warcraft. But it's the variety where we comment on not playing it. Join us, won't you?

http://www.playeronepodcast.com/2010/12/07/episode-215-120710-epic-meh-ckey
http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/12_07_10-Episode215.mp3

SuperPac

I forgot to add in the summary that we talked about Marvel Pinball too. I blame sleepiness for that oversight.

V_Ben

Banned
SuperPac said:
Who is Brian Leahy? And where does he say we're shit? Because that is hilarious.

It's a particular "meme" from Weekend Confirmed. Brian Leahy is Captain Negativity(tm). He hasn't actually mentioned P1Podcast :lol

mik said:
Should I download this podcast? Brian Leahy says it's shit.
207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Listened to the show today, it was great I really LAUGHED out loud when the mickey voice was on that was priceless :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol.
Hopefully stew is back on next week if he feels better.

I like this show, and listen every week, but I think CJ needs to edit more, and drink a red bull or something before every episode. You sound like you're despondent verging on suicidal on every episode, dude!

Perk it up to at least Ford's level of enthusiasm, maybe.

Blast Processing said:
I like this show, and listen every week, but I think CJ needs to edit more, and drink a red bull or something before every episode. You sound like you're despondent verging on suicidal on every episode, dude!

Perk it up to at least Ford's level of enthusiasm, maybe.
If CJ had Ford's level of enthusiasm, we'd never get a show because he'd be too busy studying for finals to post one.

I kid--I listen every week.

GhaleonQ

I've had 20 hours of sleep over the past 5 days (except this 1) due to Dartmouth finals. I've been up for 36 hours. I'm sitting, cold, in a Detroit airport at 12:46 a.m. hoping that I can get on a flight to central Wisconsin tomorrow before I pass out.

2 great things just occurred.

‎20 seconds ago, a security guard on a Segway did a run-by dunk of a piece of paper into a trash can near the escalator, missed, backed up to pick it up, accidentally put himself on the escalator, and was carried up. He started yelling, accelerated down them, and fell off of his Segway. I didn't even smile or laugh when I helped him up!

I listened to the Player 1 Podcast and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just finished the latest episode - really liked it. This was probably the most informing and enjoable talk about about Epic Mickey i`ve listen to in recent podcast memory. Nice job Ford.

Phils = bitchy Mickey Voice :lol

btw. Yes, Kosmo Spin is awesome :D

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Glad to hear that people liked Mickey's cameo! I would have done the whole episode in character, but I'm sure CJ would have booted me from the call.

Just a heads-up for the, like, three people waiting for the next episode: it's gonna be a little late this week (although technically not really, since it'll still be going up on Monday evening).

We'll be recording the episode later today. I'm hoping to discover how Ford got so darn good at Marvel Pinball.

SuperPac

Apparently Monchichis are back, as Phil emailed me this evidence after the episode recording (taken at Target).

monchichi.JPG

Great, looking forward to listening to the new episode. I discovered the podcast a few weeks ago, and it's been quite enjoyable so far. It looks like I have a weekly tradition in the making.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I was wondering when the new episode was up. I'm streaming them through the Android app now, so I no longer have iTunes download it for me automatically.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Great podcast, been listening to it since it started years ago.

I did like the mikey cameo in the past 2 episodes.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Believe or not, I am kind of dying to hear someone knowledgeable of the series talks about GT5. Will listen this week.

stewy

We don't normally take a vacation from the show over the holidays, though with Christmas and New Year's falling on weekends this year, scheduling may be tough.

I wouldn't expect game of the year stuff until the beginning of January. Gives us more time to catch up on the games we haven't played yet.

LiK

stewy said:
We don't normally take a vacation from the show over the holidays, though with Christmas and New Year's falling on weekends this year, scheduling may be tough.

I wouldn't expect game of the year stuff until the beginning of January. Gives us more time to catch up on the games we haven't played yet.
Easy guess. CJ chooses Enslaved.

Top Bottom