• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Player 1 Podcast Topic

LOVED the show this week amazing ep like always!

ow and I would 100% listen to a 2 hour special about 80 and early 90 cartoons no problem I would LOVE that.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I listened to a handful of the most recent podcasts while sweeping through Donkey Kong Country Returns to pick up some collectibles, and while I still find Greg Ford to be as frustratingly vague and inarticulate in his descriptions or criticisms of basically everything, I enjoyed myself. I'm adding this to the rotation again. I might even listen to the backlog of episodes when I run out of other things to listen to on the train.

Rez said:
I listened to a handful of the most recent podcasts while sweeping through Donkey Kong Country Returns to pick up some collectibles, and while I still find Greg Ford to be as frustratingly vague and inarticulate in his descriptions or criticisms of basically everything, I enjoyed myself. I'm adding this to the rotation again. I might even listen to the backlog of episodes when I run out of other things to listen to on the train.

If you didn't laugh your arse off when Phil did his Mickey Mouse bit then you can go to hell sir, all the way to hell.

GhaleonQ

Rez said:

*cheers* I think it's the nature of this podcast that keeps him from going in-depth. The 4th String Cast has him really drawing out the merits of sports games, at least.

stewy

ICallItFutile said:
Anyone else having the problem with the Android app crashing constantly?

You're not the first person I've seen mention that. If there's a feedback option somewhere, be sure to send some detailing what's happening. We don't really have any control over the app, but obviously, we don't want it crashing on people who were kind enough to spend money on it. I think CJ is contacting the folks who deal with that from our end.

ICallItFutile said:
Anyone else having the problem with the Android app crashing constantly?
Unrelated, but I am having trouble with the Player 1 site. Every time I visit it Flash Player stops working and my browser freezes. This has happened with Firefox and Chrome.

SuperPac

New episode is up btw...

POP Ep.217: Twas the Episode Before Christmas

This week! Lots of things. In this podcast we talk about Gran Turismo 5, DC Universe, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Infinity Blade, X-Men Arcade, Splatterhouse, and so much more. Special thanks to mik from The Fanboys Lunchcast (www.thefanboys.com) for planning and putting together the amazing intro and song for this week's show. Don't forget to contribute to Child's Play this holiday season (www.childsplaycharity.org) or donate through Cheap Ass Gamer to get entered in their raffle (www.cheapassgamer.com). And if you'd rather donate to good causes while buying awesome indie games, check out the Humble Indie Bundle (www.humblebundle.com). Merry Christmas everyone!

Running time: 1:51:03

Direct link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/12_20_10-Episode217.mp3

Subscribe in iTunes! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/player-one-podcast/id202883543

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
SuperPac said:
Nope, not this year. I'm not going to be in Chicago for the holidays.
Neither will I, sadly. I really wanted some Giordano's, too.

randomlyrossy said:
Just started listening.

Absolutely amazing intro!
When I'm the best singer of the group, something has gone terribly wrong.

SuperPac

Sharkington said:
That's the best podcast intro I've ever heard.

Credit goes to mik from The Fanboys Lunchcast for that. He pitched the idea (which was slightly different in intent originally - if he wants to add to that I'll let him explain), and we thought it was an awesome idea.

mik

mik is unbeatable
SuperPac said:
if he wants to add to that I'll let him explain
How about if I just say that there's a reason that people love Greg, CJ, Phil, and Greg? You guys are clearly in it for the love and the laffs--which is why the podcast is great.

I like this the way it turned out better than the original pitch, anyway. So eff those guys.

GhaleonQ

All I'm saying is that a precedent has been set for year-round holiday performances. Does Ford know the words to "You're A Grand Old Flag?"

Wait, never mind. Does Sewart know the words to it? Force him do it instead, to make his maple-stringed blood run cold through his veins.

Hey fellow Player One fans! I've come to do a little promotion/get some help for POP.

I write for the site CastMedium.com, we do recaps of the latest podcast episodes. The end of the year means award time and CastMedium is no different. Aside from our own awards picked by the staff we are having a reader/listener poll for best podcast. As the resident Player One fanboy over at CM (I cover it for the site and it will be appearing on my personal top podcasts list) I thought I'd come and wrangle the troops as it were.

Player One is up against alot of competition (GiantBomb ran away with the poll last year) so we need to get all the support we can! You can vote once a day and the voting will run for a week starting today. So get voting and spread the word where you can!

CastMedium Podcast Awards 2010

SuperPac

New episode is up!

Episode 218 (12/27/10) - Sugar-Coated Shrieking Freaky Babies

This week! Dead Space 2 and Little Big Planet 2 demos, Sonic Colors, Back to the Future, Star Wars The Force Unleashed II DLC, Recettear An Item Shop's Tale, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and so much more. Join us, won't you? And please vote for us in Castmedium's Best Podcast 2010 poll. Thank you for your support!

If you subscribe via iTunes just refresh your podcast feeds.

Blog page - http://www.playeronepodcast.com/2010/12/28/episode-218-122710-sugar-coated-shrieking-freaky-babies/

Direct link - http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/12_27_10-Episode218.mp3

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ah nice, willl listen to it later.

Recettear An Item Shop's Tale and Back to the future talk should be interesting :D

T-Matt

The wii hockey emergency part made me chuckle out loud. Good on Ford stepping out of his comfort zone.
2aj6wc5.jpg

GhaleonQ

I like that Chris' requirements for a good graphic adventure game are roughly equivalent to that of enjoying Back To The Future: The Ride.

Phil: it's WAY too easy, even for a Telltale game.

SuperPac

GhaleonQ said:
I like that Chris' requirements for a good graphic adventure game are roughly equivalent to that of enjoying Back To The Future: The Ride.

Phil: it's WAY too easy, even for a Telltale game.

I'd assume that BTTF is being aimed at a wider audience than most of the previous Telltale games - and being that its the first time I've played a PC graphic adventure, I welcome that. :)

snap0212

Great Episode (as always)!

Quick question: Will we see a Windows Phone 7 port of the Android version of the official PlayerOnePodcast iPhone App?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SuperPac said:
I'd assume that BTTF is being aimed at a wider audience than most of the previous Telltale games - and being that its the first time I've played a PC graphic adventure, I welcome that. :)
You're doing it wrong by not starting with episode 4. :(

GhaleonQ

SuperPac said:

Right. I'm just saying that "there are puzzles that made me think" should probably take priority over "the Michael J. Fox emulator is very good." That's especially true when the easiest critique of Telltale is that they make glorified fan games.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Episode219

This week! We spend the entire podcast talking about our Top 5 favorite games (plus portable and downloadables) of 2010.

Running time: 1:44:45

mik

mik is unbeatable
Spoilery Top Five Listicles:
Greg Sewart
1 Split / Second
2 Gran Turismo 5
3 Bioshock 2
4 Heavy Rain
5 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Greg Ford
1 Red Dead Redemption