• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX 970 Class Action Settlement website is live

Just got a USPS informed delivery alert in my email this morning and apparently getting an envelope titled "Nvidia GTX 970 Graphics Chip Settlement Administrator" in the mail today so they are still going out so check your mail everyone!

Justinh

Just got a USPS informed delivery alert in my email this morning and apparently getting an envelope titled "Nvidia GTX 970 Graphics Chip Settlement Administrator" in the mail today so they are still going out so check your mail everyone!

Oh, that's comforting I guess lol.

Everyday I'm like "today's the day" and everyday it's nothing (like, literally no mail most days. I'm worried something's up with my mail carrier).

I'm still hopeful that I'll get my 90 clams from Nvidia. Just think of how many tacos I could get with that at Taco Bell!

Frostburn

Just got a letter stating I didn't provide proof of purchase so my claim is deficient yet I have a PDF I saved with all my claim info when I submitted to their website clearly there.

FightTest

Just got a letter stating I didn't provide proof of purchase so my claim is deficient yet I have a PDF I saved with all my claim info when I submitted to their website clearly there.

Same deal here. I don't even know if I care enough about $30 at this point.

Got home and was like, "oh, nice, $30 I thought was never going to happen." Now I just feel like it's a clown fiesta that I'd rather not partake in. I'm moving in a few months anyway. I'm sure it will be another year before they manage to handle a snail mail form, who knows if I'd ever see the check.

Luminaire

Just got this too. I sent them everything. Don't know if I care anymore.

Well, guess I'll try again with "proof of purchase" this time.

All around this is just reinforcing my opinion that class action lawsuits are usually just dumb, and a waste of everyone's time and money.

Frostburn

I think they sent out some money and now they are seeing how much they can keep if people don't reply to these letters stating we didn't provide "Proof of Purchase" information.

Boss Man

Wow, I completely forgot about this. Don't they have a time limit? Just send the checks out three years later saying they didn't have proof of purchase when half the people have different addresses now.

burgerdog

Poop, it was the not enough proof of purchase mail. So for product id number of unit they want all three things or just one?

Compsiox

Banned
The website said only one was needed. I submitted two just in case.

I haven't received anything yet.

I forget, does Nvidia have to payout to as many people as possible or is there a pile of limited amount of money that was put off to the side?

jabuseika

Same, it's all really just bullshit.

Submitted proof of purchase, serial number on card, and another identifying code I forget what it's called.

I don't have time to deal with this, for a merely $30.

Frostburn

I forget, does Nvidia have to payout to as many people as possible or is there a pile of limited amount of money that was put off to the side?

I'm thinking the law firm gets to keep what is left over so this is their way of getting to keep a bunch of extra settlement money but I'm not sure.

*waiting patiently next to my mailbox*

lurker.gif

Two month later I'm still waiting for that check. Look like I won't get anything. Oh well... AMD will get my money next time. lol

Buzzy42

Neo Member
Well, today is the last day to re-send your information via mail.

CRAP! I've had that stupid letter sitting on my desk at home and I thought I had at least to the end of the month....

I think they got tired of paying out and started rejecting lots just to try to thin the herd. I guess in my case it worked-- we can't re-send the same PDFs?

Carm

I got mine back in April, NW Indiana. It's interesting reading some didn't have sufficient documentation. I never had to provide any, just received emailed, filled out the form. Maybe it's because EVGA had my info on file since I registered the card with them?

Neo_Geo

Banned
I haven't gotten any form of communication or rebate in the mail. Took a look on their site, and there isn't a way to check on the status of your claim? This all sounds like a load of horse shit, and the worst settlement process, out of the half dozen or so I have been a part of. Seems like we need a lawsuit over the failure to competently comply with the fucking terms of the initial lawsuit.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Maybe they thought that after the half of fourth and final phase of the settlement checks were sent out, that was good enough?

EDIT: No, they are still coming, they will just be significantly slower to come, right Nvidia?

Still nothing in Florida. At this point, I don't expect anything to come my way, even though I gave them an invoice and a scan of the stuff on the box.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Received this reply after inquiring about my claim and lack of a settlement check or communication:

Bursor & Fisher, P.A.
10:52 AM (21 hours ago)

Hello,

We are currently in the process of mailing checks. As you can imagine, they tend to go in "waves" or "rounds" of distribution. We just mailed out the second round, which we believe accounts for the bulk of the claims. We don't have a definite endpoint, but I expect that distribution will be fully complete in a matter of 1-3 months. The claims distribution process has taken longer than expected given the large number of claims submitted in this case, it takes some time to verify all the claims, prepare the checks, and create the physical mailings.

If you have any questions about the status of your claim, please contact KCC, the Court-appointed claims administrator. To clear up any possible ambiguity, we are with the law firm representing Plaintiffs. As is the norm in this industry, the Court appoints a third-party company that specializes in collecting claims, verifying them, and mailing checks. This means that we don't personally have your records on hand -- that's maintained with KCC. Their website is http://www.kccllc.com/. Their general number is (866) 381-9100. The number regarding the GTX 970 case is (844) 312-5253, but I'm not sure if that's staffed by live humans (the main number is),

Thank you

Top Bottom