• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

finowns

Just marathon-ed season 4 and 5 on Netflix. It would be nice to see Felicity and Diggle leave the show, they're tapped from giving anything more, just repeating themselves at this point; it has to be exhausting for the actors. The most genuine and interesting relationship is between Oliver and his sister. I hope Thea gets a bigger role.

I am very late on this, as I missed the back half of season 5. Well, having a few 5 hour flights let me finish off the season, and DAMN. That was really fucking great.

Yeah, after last season I kind of wish Diggle either left with Lyla or was more reoccurring because, I'm probably forgetting things but he was kind of a non-factor in season five. I didn't really have much issue with Felicity last season, at least they gave her something to do beyond being a focal point of poorly written drama and it's going to lead to more things this coming season.

That said, I'm sure they both like having a regular well paying gig and whatever frustration there could be probably goes away when they check their bank balance.

GulAtiCa

Katie Cassidy‏
"This bitch knows how to travel.... #arrow"
DHfQ3q9UwAIRTX5.jpg

lol

ZeroX03

Banned
Just eyeballing the trailers, Arrow looks like it's retaining a lot of the momentum from S5 and Legends is just going to repeat what worked from S2 but even bigger which is fine. Supergirl needs to go in on the Legion already, it's been years at this point and it's the perfect time. Flash, we'll see. Trailer showed nothing good and I'm iffy on Thinker being a meta.

strafer

I'm down with them all, because if we're being honest, no one would've chosen those two shows before last season.

Maybe not you but I would have.

Look, I'm going to watch the other shows too but im not going to hype it up like before, that way if the new season sucks I'm not even mad.

kmfdmpig

Maybe not you but I would have.

Look, I'm going to watch the other shows too but im not going to hype it up like before, that way if the new season sucks I'm not even mad.

That's a smart approach.

Supergirl is kind of meh, but I get to watch it with my daughter, which gives it bonus points.
Flash, I think, will be a lot better if they tweak the tone of the show to make it a bit lighter and more enjoyable (Legends did a good job of that in season 2 and it made a huge difference). Flash is not Batman/Moon Knight/Punisher/Daredevil - he should not be brooding and morose as he was in so much of season 3 (and parts of season 2 as well).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think the best thing about the last season of the Flash is how easily they can course correct. They fortunately/unfortunately spun in circles so much the only thing that needs resetting is Killer Frost (and that seems to happen within the first episode or two going by the trailer).

Otherwise they actually have a fairly clean slate to work from.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh man I don't think I'll be able to watch anything live the way my schedule is this season. Without that Joni might finally get more posts than me.

That being said, I've left in the middle of work to watch a TV show before, and I'll do it again.

Joni

Don't forget, these shows air around 4 in the morning for me. I then have to sit through an entire day of work before I can see them. All the while making sure I don't click these topics.

ZeroX03

Banned
Question: Any possibility of having an all-girls mission during Season 6 of Arrow?
Ausiello:
“You know, we always talk about that — across all the shows. And it’s totally possible,” Arrow boss Marc Guggenheim answers. “But truth be told, I wouldn’t want to do it unless we could figure out a way to get Sara (played on Legends by Caity Lotz) in there as well. One of my favorite episodes was 406, where we had Speedy, Black Canary and Canary all fighting side-by-side-by side together, and that was a blast. Seeing three badass women was really, really awesome. [An all-girls mission] is on our ‘bucket list,’ but I really want to figure out a way to get Sara in there as well.”

via TVLine

GulAtiCa

Yeah, seems they really only want to show the following alive: Oliver, Son,
Death Stroke
Black Siren
&
Black Canary
. Anything beyond that is a complete mystery. I do like the angle they are leaning into
Black Siren
being a badass. Really curious how
she of all people got safe ride off the island. Guessing someone pitied her and helped her to escape. More importantly hoping for chance of redemption I assume

In regard to
Slade Wilson
. I really hope they
Don't make him turn evil.

Joni

In regard to
Slade Wilson
. I really hope they
Don't make him turn evil.

They won't. I think it is clear they want to fully redeem him, at most make him a mercenary for hire so they can keep having him pop up when they want.

ZeroX03

Banned
Regarding
Slade
:
Confirmed to be recurring through the season and getting flashbacks/backstory filled out. Episodes 5 and 6 are a two parter based around him. Guggenheim didn't say redeemed, he won't be pure good or evil but more of the traditional character and playing in that questionable grey area.

Regarding
Slade
:
Confirmed to be recurring through the season and getting flashbacks/backstory filled out. Episodes 5 and 6 are a two parter based around him. Guggenheim didn't say redeemed, he won't be pure good or evil but more of the traditional character and playing in that questionable grey area.

Which is perfect for that sort of character .

karasu

I skipped like two seasons and jumped in at S5. This guy is a murderer! And a dick! His body count is higher than the bad guys'.

kmfdmpig

Craig has had to deal with a lot of shit from that certain segment of this show's viewership over the years. I think it was his site who had an Arrow reviewer quit because of the constant harassment from them.

It's crazy to me that fans get so into this show that they attack actors/writers, etc... I enjoy watching it, but it's a fairly guilty pleasure, not something I'd ever feel passionate about to have a go at people about.

Joni

Craig has had to deal with a lot of shit from that certain segment of this show's viewership over the years. I think it was his site who had an Arrow reviewer quit because of the constant harassment from them.

If you see how he reacts, I would put him in the same personality type as that segment.

Top Bottom