• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM GET! Zelda pics.. HFS!

lancubap

koam said:
-Zelda is 80% complete, delay was for graphic tweaks, wii functions and because they want the game to be measured on a scale of 1 to 120 instead of 1 to 100.
-NO SWINGING THE CONTROLLER for the sword, you just press a button. There are some cases where you will swing though. Reason = you'll get tired too fast
-Controller does sound effects
-Widescreen on the REV only!
-Navi is only when you play on the REV.
-Something with online is planned but no battle mode.
-More dungeons than OOT already
-More items too

What is this thing about measuring ?

WHAT ??!! And how I will kill the enemy if I push only a button ?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
No, they DON'T require you to swing the controller, cause they KNOW it will get tiring.

I know....that's what doesn't bode well.

Metroid Prime 3 - No launch for you! 2007 release

I wa laughed at when I said this might not make launch as Red Steel will be there. In your face random people!

Improves Mario's chances of being there?

Ulthwe

Sound on the Wiimote? really great design decision:
When you have completed a given action (hitting a ball, throwing a boomerang, pushing a pole, whathever, you get it) it simply "sounds". That way, you know you have completed the action and you can stop waving the Wiimote. You don't even have to pay attention to the TV, you just hear it.

IMO, better than a rumble feedback (which may be present too).

Edit: Sammy beat me to it.

Trevelyon

Probationsmack said:
I wanted to swing the controller. :[ It was supposed to be all about doing precise small movements.

Yeh, I was also looking forward to being able swing & slash a whole heap with the Wiimote. Though, I guess it make sense that's not been implemented throughout the entire game. But I'll be pissed if you're only able to swing once every say, mid or boss battle or something like that.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
widescreen on wii only is horseshit. HORSESHIT. can you play it with a gc controller on wii?

If you take 2 seconds to think about it, a speaker in the controller could add ALOT to the experience. Not everyone has surroundd sound. Youll be able to hear resulting sounds of your blows exactly where contact is established.

Imagine revmore being used as walkie-talkie in squad based games

etc etc etc

Theres a million potential applications which arent gimicky.

koam

Zelda screenshot info:

-Link riding epona in Hyrule field... castle in the very far distant. Pic looks ugly cause it's blown up.

-Link looking at a Lava thing explode.. AWESOME

-Link standing in a field next to midna and lots of mountains with floors on the floor.. pretty shot

-Link on a canoe with some girl.. he just caught a fish (fishing shot)

- Midna riding Link in wolf form (naughty)

- old vs new zelda comparison

- Link upside down with bow and arrow in hand (weird but nice)

- Link carrying other passenger

- wolf teleporting to hyrule

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
koam said:
More..

Godzilla (atari) and Snoopy vs the Red Baron (namco) announced

Prime 3 not a launch title? wow I'm surprised at that.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
brandonh83 said:
People thought Metroid Prime 3 would be out this year?
What?

Where've you been? Almost everyone thought it. And why not, 2 years after MP2 which was 2 years after MP1, firts Wii title revealed and shown (sort of)...it wasn't unreasonable.

No Metroid Prime 3 this year sucks hard. Takes a lot of my excitement for the system this year away (Red Steel better deliver) They better effin have Mario or Kid Icarus or something then, not just Warioware and Smash Bros.

On a positive note, Zelda sounds incredibly awesome and the widescreen support spells good things to come. Can't wait for Zelda.

RSP

yilmazz said:
HELMET!

Built-in speaker says hello..
noooooooo4xu.jpg

Game-Biz

What the hell...

Metroid Prime 3 is comming out in...2007?

That's bullshit.

Either EGM has some fucked up information or Retro Studios is seriously taking their time on this game...

Ristamar

Mama Smurf said:
Where've you been? Almost everyone thought it. And why not, 2 years after MP2 which was 2 years after MP1, firts Wii title revealed and shown (sort of)...it wasn't unreasonable.

If there is a Mario platformer at launch, there's no need for them to release MP3 so soon.

Roelatie

Game-Biz said:
What the hell...

That's bullshit.

Either EGM has some fucked up information or Retro Studios is seriously taking their time on this game...
Lets hope they make it a worth the wait :D

Lets hope Mario is a launch title!

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Rocked said:
I'm glad about the no swinging thing. It shows Nintendo's not gonna use the features just for the sake of it.
Diddo. Hopefully more games will follw suit, particularly the sport games. I would rather point and shoot to a reciever in a football game than lob my arm towrd them. Swinging your arms about sounds lame unless it's VR.

koam said:
More..

Godzilla (atari) and Snoopy vs the Red Baron (namco) announced
The announcements of all of these kiddy games is disturbing as well, especially if the price is going to be $250. If a memory card, component video, etc aren't included, I might as well spend $50 more and get a 360. I really hope they have some good announcements tomorrow, so far all of the screenshots and info released has been disappointing imo.

Yes yes, I'm aware that everyone thought it would be out this year. But really, I just couldn't have ever imagined it making it out that early. It sucks that it won't be out until next year, sure, but I just thought it'd be pretty obvious that it wouldn't be ready this year.

Furoba

Game-Biz said:
What the hell...

That's bullshit.

MP3 is one of the 'backburner' titles that comes right after the launch period.

Game-Biz

koam said:
I think I killed GAF.. sorry

More info:

Mario Revolution - Fall 2006
Smash Bros - Fall 2006

Okay, you son of a bitch, if you're lying your head is mine.

FUCKING MARIO OUT THIS FUCKING YEAR!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

koam said:

More info:

Smash Bros - Fall 2006

Still alive and kicking I think...and thank god at the Mario info......that's really good news.

NeonZ

koam said:

More info:

Smash Bros - Fall 2006

MARIO!!!!!

I was really dreading they'd release that only next year.. However, I'm not happy about Smash Bros coming so soon... It might be rushed... :(

koam said:

More info:

Smash Bros - Fall 2006

Fucking awesome - those games, along with Zelda, will more than make up for the MP3 disappointment. I assume there's a disclaimer saying that "Nintendo is keeping these games under wraps until E3," or something to that effect. Certainly gives me something definite to look forward to tomorrow.

Furoba said:
MP3 is one of the 'backburner' titles that comes right after the launch period.

Indeed, launch Prime 3 at the same time as Mario, Smash, and Zelda plus Dragon Quest, Crystal Chronicles 2, and Red Steel would just be complete overkill.

+Aliken+ said:
Now you've killed GAF.
You mention this with such ease... as though it is nothing o_O

Ha ha, I agree, it's almost like he's just telling the whole world in passing.

"Oh, by the way, Mario comes out this Fall..."

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
wow major leak by EGM here, Nintendo must be fucking pissed right about now.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
CraigMcD said:
It makes sense to stagger the big games rather than have them all at launch.

Gives Red Steel a chance to shine as well. This Metroid Prime 3 getting delayed sorta conflicts what we were all thinking and what AOL games recently said...BUT...this could be time to give it polish (like Zelda: TP) and might give room for Metroid Dread to come out this year!

I always doubted MP3 would be a launch title. Nintendo wants Red Steel to get a lot of attention anyway.

Mario, SSBM, Zelda (TP), and Metroid at launch would be unreasonable. But Mario, SSBM, and Zelda will make this an amazing launch.

MP3 for March 2007?

FoneBone

whatdidyousay said:
Ha ha, I agree, it's almost like he's just telling the whole world in passing.

"Oh, by the way, Mario comes out this Fall..."
I would guess that it's because the issue doesn't have any real info about them. Nintendo doesn't want to risk losing all their thunder.

Top Bottom