• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM GET! Zelda pics.. HFS!

Red Steel makes Metroid Prime at launch unneccessary. Infact, it really wouldn't surprise me if Red Steel outsells Metroid Prime 2 ... Metroid is overrated in terms of its popularity with mainstream gamers.

Secondly, Nintendo usually gives out info the day before their E3 conference anyway ... they either let MSNBC's Steven Kent do it (see last year), IGN, or Time Magazine or whoever do it.

But it takes take any of the wow off the conference itself. If there is indeed a new Mario coming ... I want to see Mr. Miyamoto on the stage demonstrating it ... that's the real fun of E3.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
:lol Nintendo must be very fucking pissed right now. Nintendo Ninjas failed.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
...I was going to tell you hoe you could ge tthem online no problem, but I don;'t want to get banned for E3 and I suspect just for telling you how to do it and where I would be :(

+Aliken+

john tv said:
Nintendo's probably not too happy about it, either!

They shouldn't be worried about this thread but about the crappy Tony Hawk pictures released.
This thread is good news. Tony Hawk is bad news.

empanada

john tv said:
Don't post any scans, guys -- ZD's legal hawks are eyeing this thread pretty closely. Nintendo's probably not too happy about it, either!
Uh oh, the Nintendo Ninjas are watching us!

Ulthwe

koam said:
STOP FREAKING PMing ME.

I will NOT leaked this pics via PM, sorry. And no, that's not a hint, I don't even have the pics.

I don't have an image host
I don't have a scanner just a digicam
I don't feel like getting banned the day before E3

Well said, we've waited a year long for this, we can take a couple hours more.
I've had enough for today, and those text "leaks" have been really nice. Kinda telegraphic.

Good night from Spain to everybody.

I don't really see all this stuff as ruining E3. Nothing has been said that I didn't expect (OMG Zelda supports Wii controller!), and the speaker in the controller is a nice, but not exactly huge, touch.

We haven't seen ANYTHING yet. Saying Mario is coming is redundant as this point unless I see the game with my own eyes, bright and colourful as can be.

mrkgoo

This is truly insanity.

Makes me reminisce bakc to GC/GBA unveling. I deliberately planned my night around the event.

Error2k4 said:
:lol Nintendo must be very fucking pissed right now. Nintendo Ninjas failed.

Yeah because *no one* called Mario/Smash Bros. at launch or that Zelda would have Wii control ... err ... wait.

There's really nothing new in this EGM aside from the speaker thing on the controller (big whoop).

The Time Magazine articles at least confirmed two new games (Wario Ware and Tennis).

These are just stocking stuffers ... the big presents are only going to be opened tomorrow.

Until then, take your dick outta your left hand and stop asking for magazine scans. You've waited a long time, you can wait another few hours.

I swear E3 just makes people stupid.

LakeEarth said:
Time Magazine Wii article.

And the N64 was supposed to be $250, and went down to $199 before it was released. I'm not 100% but I think the same for the Gamecube. I bet it'll happen again.

JoshuaJSlone said:
True for N64, not true for GameCube.

Are you sure? I'm like 92.4% positive the N64 launched at $250 and the Cube at $200.

suaveric

And Nintendo/EGM knew that as soon as the mag hit someone's doorstop, this would happen. If they didn't want this stuff leaked, they should've made it so EGM wouldn't be released until the end of the week.

knoo

Wow... LEAKATON!

But somehow i hope this hasn´t been all... in fact, i was hoping you are making all of this up (except Mario) until i saw the photo.

Takes much of the excitement for tomorrow from me :-/

Thanks for leaking, though ;)

Roelatie

Rocked said:
God, can you not wait a day? He's told us more than enough and if legal guys are watching it's best he's careful.
I know! Koam, you the man!

I am off now!

I need my energy for tomorrows Supah Megaton!

JonathanEx said:
If they got told all this, SURELY they will have been told the name...

Shoe (EGM EIC) said on his blog a couple of weeks ago he was not pleased Nintendo did not tell them the name before they went to press.

Kafel

Banned
koam, can you please tell us if the screens of Rayman, Tony Hawk, Monkey Ball and Red Steel are already known ?

thx

GDGF

Soothsayer
If everything that is supposed to make it to launch (save Metroid Prime 3) makes it to launch, then yes...Best. Launch. Ever.

Nintendo ain't playing this time around, folks.

vitaflo

If Nintendo is pissed they have no one to blame but themselves. If they didn't want shit leaked they shouldn't have told EGM about it and saved it for E3.

Gawaian

OMG, the Zelda stuff sounds awesome and that cover is hawt. I can't wait to hear more news from the conference tomorrow. Thanks koam, you are the man.

bengraven

Taker666 said:
Speaker..wooot :)

Just what I wanted. Lightsaber noise, gunshots, drum noises, sword clashes, walkie talkie chatter all from the controller...I hope.

Great minds think alike. Add rumble and it will be like a fucking orgasm. Imagine a light rumble followed by a "dshhhhhhhh" sound when you power on the lightsaber (ala the A button of course) or the rumble of a pistol shot complete with a bang from the speaker. I was a bit WTF when I heard there was a speaker, but day-um, that's a brilliant idea.

pitt_norton

A speaker on the controller is @#$% awesome! No one picked that. Sure a microphone was discussed but a speaker to transmit Sound FX of the player's moves is a huge addition to the controller in terms of adding an even greater depth of immersion.

Now the the animated Wii logo video makes sense with the gun shots firing and then the tennis racket hits with just the 'controllers' on screen.

Touche Nintendo. Touche. I love it.

nfreakct

JonathanEx said:
If they got told all this, SURELY they will have been told the name...

Hsu was less-than-pleased to say the least when he heard of the Wii name.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=6959021&publicUserId=5379799

OK, I have to get back to work. I need to write Nintendo an angry email for not telling us the final name of the system before our June issue closed (we knew the name was going to change, but they told us the final name wasn't ready for us yet, so our cover and cover story are still calling it "Revolution"). Poop.

koam

The pics on everything and nothing aren't even from EGM. EGM has a shitload more.

There's about 12 pages of Nintendo stuff.. 6-7 are Twilight princess

Krowley

if nintendo wants to precisley control the release time on news, they should stop giving these exclusives to mags and start giving them to websites like GS and IGN. Once the mail gets involved, the timing of things becomes difficult to control. the benefits of mags are obvious, but they shouldn't expect things to happen on any kind of exact schedule.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
pitt_norton said:
A speaker on the controller is @#$% awesome! No one picked that.

As I said earlier in the thread, yes, they did. Quite a few people guessed it not long after we knew there was a secret to guess.

cicero

john tv said:
Don't post any scans, guys -- ZD's legal hawks are eyeing this thread pretty closely. Nintendo's probably not too happy about it, either!
oh noes, not ziff davis?!@#?

So critical snide comments here about the advertisement weighed down bloated mediocrity that is 1up might actually be seen by someone within the company?

Rocked

pitt_norton said:
A speaker on the controller is @#$% awesome! No one picked that. Sure a microphone was discussed but a speaker to transmit Sound FX of the player's moves is a huge addition to the controller in terms of adding an even greater depth of immersion.

OMG, can you imagine how much that will shit us up if they bring out a Resident Evil game for Wii? You're in a silent area then suddenly the controller starts vibrating and screaming. :lol

Mashing

john tv said:

Wouldn't suprise me if this thread is deleted by a request/demand from either companies lawyer's. Damage is done unfortunately.

I kinda wish I didn't read this thread, now the surpises are ruined and there won't be nearly as much excitement tomorrow.

Top Bottom