• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul Episode 1

Feels like another iteration of the lifeless s2 disease. Best part was seeing precious Bahamuto.

Im still watching it because s1 was great but yeah, it's relatively "lifeless" compared to it

3 episodes in and Nina hasn't gone on a single date. She needs to tame her transformation with the help of more cute guys
5I5s8.png

I haven't started watching them, but should I even bother with Sakura Quest and Sagrada Reset?

Starting to think this season will be trying to keep up with MHA and Berserk, while rewatching Cromartie.

KraytarJ

I haven't started watching them, but should I even bother with Sakura Quest and Sagrada Reset?

Starting to think this season will be trying to keep up with MHA and Berserk, while rewatching Cromartie.
I've really enjoyed Sakura Quest but not many people have. I haven't seen Sagrada Reset but I've heard no positive opinions on it anywhere.

trejo

I look forward to the Re:Creators episode where Selestia comes across an R-18 doujin of her published by Fatalpulse.

Aki-at

Sakura Quest - 4

Who would even bother promoting the wood curving sector when you have a straight up mad scienetist living in your town! I really enjoyed the elements of the plot and getting a rough idea what this show is about even if they just introduced a guy who uses Doc Ock's arms for grocery shopping.

With Yoshino having only gathered up everyone to help her last episode, pretty quick for one of them to already lose heart, shows got me, enjoying how this does feel like a group of people trying to figure out the best way to promote the town.

Sakura Quest has so far been a pretty slow burn series. It's about a group of 20-somethings trying to revitalize tourism in an old town.

It doesn't really have the sense of "urgency" that Shirobako did, which is why I think people have been vocal about how underwhelmed they find it, but I'm liking it ok.

The Eccentric Family 2 Episode 1 – The Nidaime's Homecoming

After Rage of Bahamut, I was almost afraid that this too would feel lifeless but it actually felt really good and enjoyable. I forgot how much I enjouted the different races interactions with each other and also some of their friendships and other pecularities. Nindaime seems like an interesting character to have around especially for helping Yasuburo grow a bit more. Looking forward to more.

fhana unfortunately failed to deliver as good a song as Que Sera Sera, Im kind of sad about it. I was looking forward to it.

John Blade

Cs4stqqVYAAaYAZ.jpg

This might be the best epic ending arc I have see and love it all the way. You got to see Tachibana man up and confess his love and proposal to Haruka Morishima in school graduation which isn't something you expect to see too often. The whole pretend to be a couple for the most of the arc episode actually make sense when you found out the reason she did it. Might be my favorite ending for this arc from this series.
46884329_624.gif

Oh forget to add: Jessica Morishima is cute.
1331831041889.jpg

John Blade

yBCsj.jpg

This isn't really talking about Miya Tachibana with her brother but more of fan service for every female characters in Amagami SS and I MEAN FAN SERVICE FOR YOU GUYS TO SEE THEM IN A BATH PLACE!!!

Nothing much to say after that really.
amagamis213b.jpg

As for the show, it's fine really and I did get entertain when watching it. Basically, same as the last one but more stuff throw in for the fans to watch really. If you don't like the 1st show, then this won't make it any better to watch. As for the format, I don't think it will work as well now as is been done and doing it again doesn't always going to work. For what it's, it's an interesting way to tell a story but don't think it can do it again.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sakura Quest 04
This show felt aimless before and it's just wandering further off out into the brush. I can really only describe this episode as being idiotic to the point of perplexing. The whole vibe of the show is just completely transparent now. There's just tons of stuff that is kind of off and strange, but it does not hit with the endearing and unique note that the show wants. This show is creepy, incoherent, and really just lame. The cast is weak enough to start with, but the unquestioning sincerity and melodramatic soul searching they throw at each other just creates an impenetrably uncomfortable atmosphere that makes this show impossible to relate to.

Love Tyrant Episode 1 (DUB) - Funimation released the dub of the first episode today and yeah, I think I'm switching over to following the dub of this. They got Amber Lee Connors (voice of Android 18 in DBZ Abridged) to voice crazy ass Akane and she nails it. Pretty solid casting all around here.

Miss Koboyashi's Dragon Maid - Completed

Ended up being surprised by how much I enjoyed this since a lot of KyoAni has been hit or miss for me. It wasn't laugh out loud funny, but I did feel myself smiling for majority of the episodes and it has to be a good thing for a show to have an ability to just put you in a good mood.

zulux21

Love Tyrant Episode 1 (DUB) - Funimation released the dub of the first episode today and yeah, I think I'm switching over to following the dub of this. They got Amber Lee Connors (voice of Android 18 in DBZ Abridged) to voice crazy ass Akane and she nails it. Pretty solid casting all around here.

you know... I have to wonder at this point if 20 years from now and the older talent from funimation has retired but the younger people who did dbz abridged are still around if they won't just replace the db cast with them lol.

you know... I have to wonder at this point if 20 years from now and the older talent from funimation has retired but the younger people who did dbz abridged are still around if they won't just replace the db cast with them lol.

Masako becoming the canon Goku voice would be hilarious lol

Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor Episode 1 (DUB) - Well ok, outside of the hilariously inappropriate uniforms for the female students, I actually quite enjoyed this first episode. And maybe it's from watch stuff like Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Asterisk War, etc. but having a MC who is
literally all talk and actually gets his shit kicked
was shockingly hilarious.

It does do the thing where they indulge in all the cliches they claim they want to mock, but I thought it was funny overall. Josh Greele does a great job as the teacher here.

zulux21

random thought:

we are only 3 years away from episode 1000 of detective conan and 4 years away from episode 1000 of one piece. kind of crazy @_@

Clov

i dont suppose we have an announcement for a thunderbolt fantasy blu ray do we?

No news on that front. It was surprisingly popular, so I wouldn't be surprised if either Crunchyroll/Funimation gave it a release despite not being anime. Funimation's dealt with live action stuff before anyway, puppet theater isn't too much of a stretch.

zulux21

There are 241 more episodes of Detective Conan than The Simpsons. That's some shit man.

as far as I can tell Manga Nippon Mukashibanashi is the all time leader (with 25 minute episodes there are a few series with more eps but shorter eps) it had 1471 twenty five minute episodes lol

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6277/Manga_Nippon_Mukashibanashi_1976?q= Manga Nippon Mukashibanashi

though there might be an ongoing one that has more as I can't seem to easily sort by ep on MAL and anidb doesn't list anything that is still airing by episode count.

sonicmj1

as far as I can tell Manga Nippon Mukashibanashi is the all time leader (with 25 minute episodes there are a few series with more eps but shorter eps) it had 1471 twenty five minute episodes lol

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6277/Manga_Nippon_Mukashibanashi_1976?q= Manga Nippon Mukashibanashi

though there might be an ongoing one that has more as I can't seem to easily sort by ep on MAL and anidb doesn't list anything that is still airing by episode count.

Sazae-san is the official Guiness World Record Holder with (as of November 2015) 7332 episodes aired. It's been on TV continuously since 1969.

It continues to be one of the most-watched anime shows on TV.

Line_HTX

Yeah, so I was bored and out of curiosity decided to go see the Kabaneri compilation films back to back. It wasn't bad, actually. I have this feeling that there were a bunch of minor details that were never explicitly shown or mentioned in the actual TV show that were in these films and I guess fleshed out some scenes more. I think this was probably more enjoyable than a bunch of frustrating moments I remembered while it was airing.

KraytarJ

Eccentric Family 6
I really appreciate how they fleshed out the bizzare and complex relationship humans and tanuki share, especially in regards to how Yasuborou feels about Benten and the professor. Also frog bro stays winning, a really strange character concept but I'd say he's my second favourite character so far behind Prince Black/mama tanuki.

Also, young Benten 👌

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor 1 (Simuldub)

This was surprisingly enjoyable and funny? The locker room scene was eye roll worthy, but I actually came out more entertained than I was expecting. I guess having rock bottom expectations helps.

I didn't watch this subbed, so I have no point of reference, but the dub voices all seemed like good fits. Especially Josh Grelle for Glenn Radars. I'll continue to watch the dubbed version.

Love Tyrant 1 (Simuldub)

They did a fantastic job casting this series. The deliveries and script were great. Watching the first episode a second time, I enjoyed it a bit more than I had remembered. It's another good guilty pleasure anime. I'll switch over to the dub for this one.

Quasar

Cs4stqqVYAAaYAZ.jpg

This might be the best epic ending arc I have see and love it all the way. You got to see Tachibana man up and confess his love and proposal to Haruka Morishima in school graduation which isn't something you expect to see too often. The whole pretend to be a couple for the most of the arc episode actually make sense when you found out the reason she did it. Might be my favorite ending for this arc from this series.
46884329_624.gif

Oh forget to add: Jessica Morishima is cute.
1331831041889.jpg

Yeah. Haruka is my favourite.

zulux21

Love Tyrant episode 1 dub

well... that was... something...
was very dumb... but not the worst thing I have ever seen.
I'll give it two more eps I guess, but I really don't have high hopes for it.

Cornbread78

Nana ep.37
Shein you bastard/stud/child.

For the first tine in awhile, I'm really not sure where they are going to go with the show. Well, not that I've been right on in the past. Either way, this is good drama. I already miss the old OP..

Thud

Yeah. Its great.Manga hasn't really gone a really long a way from the end of S2 though. Not enough for another season yet.

Yeah, Silver Spoon wasn't really her focus. She did Arslan among other things.

I think it's a shame because Silver Spoon is her best work imo.

Starmyu Season 2 Episode 2 – Act 2
C-a0VmTXYAAjjLG.jpg:small
C-a0y5YXoAAcTiz.jpg:small

Great song for Toraishi, Inumine and co. Kind of sad Toraishi has to compete with Kuga for the same role.

Ageha is continuing to be good but I feel like they have failed to make his own teammates standout in an interesting way, he just over powers them so much that I think that can be his teams downfall, also his personality too.

I hope we get a surprise outcome where all the roles are a mix of teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom