• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

put the main character of Chaos Legion and his Stands into mvci

tumblr_nf28rdD1201r7sijxo1_400.gif

Dahbomb

Chaos Legion characters wouldn't make it in because the IP isn't owned by Capcom.

Though Sieg's moveset would be SICK in this game. Ultron's jobber bots got nothing on Sieg's summons.

FinKL

This game looks fucking fun af I'm so damn happy guys.

I still can't believe I get to play X AND SIGMA...

I need X GAMEPLAY!!!

Has there been footage of Ryu Captain Marvel, X or Iron man? A lot of the press impressions say they got to play with them. Really interested in Captain Marvel myself

I love it!

Let's get interesting for a bit. Who are some characters you don't want in this game that have a good chance of making it in? It can be new or returning.

Vergil, Doom, Magneto, Wolverine, Zero, literally anyone that is top 5 material unless they get heavily nerfed so they aren't brain-dead god-tier shit. I don't dislike any of the actual characters, but I don't want to play against them ever again, lol.

Besides them, Firebrand can screw off. Nobody asked for him and his one-player-game setups in Ultimate suck. I don't care for Akuma either, even if he is "tradition". He's just Ryu, but better. Might as well just buff Ryu.

I love it!

Vergil, Doom, Magneto, Wolverine, Zero, literally anyone that is top 5 material unless they get heavily nerfed so they aren't brain-dead god-tier shit. I don't dislike any of the actual characters, but I don't want to play against them ever again, lol.

Besides them, Firebrand can screw off. Nobody asked for him and his one-player-game setups in Ultimate suck. I don't care for Akuma either, even if he is "tradition". He's just Ryu, but better. Might as well just buff Ryu.

I hope Vergil Doom Magneto Wolverine and Zero will be in the game + god tiers. They're cool so they deserve to be powerful :eek:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
those new tag shenanigans, I can start seeing it being fun to watch in tourneys afterall

I hope Vergil Doom Magneto Wolverine and Zero will be in the game + god tiers. They're cool so they deserve to be powerful :eek:

What's the point of the rest of the roster when 75% of players use the best characters? Good luck playing against 10, or even 5 different players in a row in Ultimate without running into Doom, for example.

I've been able to avoid the temptation of most of the best characters, though I've always used Dante since I love the character, and I've been using Wesker since the PS4 release but he hasn't been considered one of the best characters since 2012.

Dahbomb

This whole "I don't want X character because he/she was top tier in previous game" is some special type of hate bias.

If it's not that character then it would be some other character at top that people would be hating on. I would MUCH rather have a character like Magneto be top tier than Phoenix Wright because gimmick characters being top tier is never good (ie. Phoenix in Vanilla Marvel 3). This is Marvel we are talking about here, just about every character has some non sense, obnoxious thing about them regardless of how much they are played.

Also character strength changes between games even different versions of the same game. Marvel Infinite should get patched frequently enough where some characters won't be on top for long.

This whole "I don't want X character because he/she was top tier in previous game" is some special type of hate bias.

If it's not that character then it would be some other character at top that people would be hating on. I would MUCH rather have a character like Magneto be top tier than Phoenix Wright because gimmick characters being top tier is never good (ie. Phoenix in Vanilla Marvel 3). This is Marvel we are talking about here, just about every character has some non sense, obnoxious thing about them regardless of how much they are played.

Also character strength changes between games even different versions of the same game. Marvel Infinite should get patched frequently enough where some characters won't be on top for long.

Not gonna deny that, lol I just really don't care to see those characters return. I mean, it's one thing to be top tier, and another to be just straight up a clearly superior choice in nearly every scenario.

I'd really like to see how all of those characters would look in this new system.

No more Lightning Loops for Zero, but his reset game would be ridiculous. They'd probably give him newer moves as well.

Actually wish there was more info on Ryu. I really liked the new stuff he received in UMVC3, so it'll be interesting to see if he has the same stuff or anything new.

dahbomb, does DMC4 Vergil have any new moves? I never had a chance to play him in that, so I was wondering if he'd likely get some new stuff if he were to return.

Characters from umvc3 I wouldn't lose sleep over if they were cut?

Nemesis
Red Arremer
RE5 Jill
Trish
Crimson Viper
Felicia/Hsien Ko

Nova
Taskmaster
She Hulk
Modok
X-23
Sentinel

Sesha

dahbomb, does DMC4 Vergil have any new moves? I never had a chance to play him in that, so I was wondering if he'd likely get some new stuff if he were to return.

- Aerial Stinger
- Aerial Roundtrip
- Aerial Lunar Phase
- DT grounded Lunar Phase has Rising Sun as a follow-up
- Dragon Breaker (a Shoryu Reppa with Beowulf)
- Kick 13 (slighly different from Dante's)
- Draw + Straight (during Beowulf Combo B)
- Yamato Combo A (7-hit attack chain, 9 hits when DT)
- Yamato Combo C (Million Slash, essentially)
- Yamato Aerial Rave is now a three hit slashing combo
- Yamato Aerial Rave B, resembles Nero's air combo B with a 360 degree spinning downward slash at the end
- Rapid Slash now animates like the DmC version, with a 180 degree turn at the end. The DT version can be spammed indefinitely, and also slams Summons Swords into enemies.
- Rising Star. Spinning cut launcher move sorta like Ken's diagonal Tatsu from SF5, executed from Rapid Slash by holding down the attack button.
- Upper Slash can now launch like High Time.
- Force Edge Combo B (essentially a controllable version of Agni & Rudra's Jetstream)
- Million Stab after Stinger w/ Force Edge
- His DT side and back dodges which are essentially Nero's Table Hopper but with longer range
- Can teleport to enemies tagged with Summon Swords like in DmC.
- Summon Swords explode after certain attacks like Yamato Combo B and DT Rapid Slash when Vergil sheathes Yamato.
- D/C rank taunt where he unsheates Yamato, before putting it back. The unsheating has a hitbox.
- SSS (I think) rank taunt where he spins a Summon Sword in his right hand. The spin has a hitbox and can actually juggles enemies.

Dahbomb correct me if I missed something

Jawmuncher

I loved Nemesis in UMVC3. He was a great addition for a heavy character. I do have my doubts he's coming back though, especially if Jill isn't there.

At least a Wesker and Chris seem to be a lock

Neoxon

Squirrel Girl with classic and unbeatable skins.
Unbeatable would probably be her default (unless the MvCI team got a look at her MCU design, already).

Nemesis
Red Arremer
RE5 Jill
Trish
Crimson Viper
Felicia/Hsien Ko

Nova
Taskmaster
She Hulk
Modok
X-23
Sentinel
You triggered me at Nova, and I'm pretty sure you triggered lucebuce12 & IntelliHeath at She-Hulk.

Really beginning to wonder if Shinkiro is going to be doing any art for Infinite.

Then again, we haven't actually seen any real artwork for this game yet at all.

Maybe at E3.

Unbeatable would probably be her default (unless the MvCI team got a look at her MCU design, already).

You triggered me at Nova, and I'm pretty sure you triggered lucebuce12 & IntelliHeath at She-Hulk.

Just because I wouldn't lose sleep over them being cut doesn't mean I don't like playing as them or am actively gonna campaign for them to be dropped. I'm of the mindset that more is better.

vg260

Let's get interesting for a bit. Who are some characters you don't want in this game that have a good chance of making it in? It can be new or returning.

The X-Men (yes, including Sentinel)
Dr. Doom
any more Mega Man characters
any more Street Fighter characters
Venom
Wesker

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Nemesis
Red Arremer
RE5 Jill
Trish
Crimson Viper
Felicia/Hsien Ko

Nova
Taskmaster
She Hulk
Modok
X-23
Sentinel

Holy shit at that list. Not arguing. All tastes are in nature after all lol. But fuck am I glad you are not in charge of MvC casts hahaha.

For me, 90% of who is already in the game. I don't want to see Thor, Capt America, Ryu, Vergil, Wesker, Magneto,and the vast majority of MVC3 cast. I don't want MCU characters, at all. I don't want popular Capcom characters from previous games. We have been seeing & playing these characters for over 10 years now in some cases. CHANGE. IT. UP. Make everyone C & D squad people. FOr a game as open and creative as UMvC3 was, people sure lacked any originality and just followed the easy path. At least near the end the team variation actually got very nice.

I wouldn't mind if every single character from 3 returned as long as Capcom could balance it and we'd have a large amount of newcomers...

but that would never happen

Sentinel isn't returning, I'm nearly 100% sure of this. So...I guess him?

EDIT: You want a roster of obscure nobodies? Gimme a minute

nachum00

I'd be fine if none of these characters returned. Re5 Jill, Virgil, Trish, Deadpool, C Viper, Felicia, Spencer, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, X23, Zero.

Its too late for some of the other characters I wouldn't want back like Chun Li, Morrigan, Chris and Hawkeye. But oh well.

Dahbomb

For me, 90% of who is already in the game. I don't want to see Thor, Capt America, Ryu, Vergil, Wesker, Magneto,and the vast majority of MVC3 cast. I don't want MCU characters, at all. I don't want popular Capcom characters from previous games. We have been seeing & playing these characters for over 10 years now in some cases. CHANGE. IT. UP. Make everyone C & D squad people. FOr a game as open and creative as UMvC3 was, people sure lacked any originality and just followed the easy path. At least near the end the team variation actually got very nice.
Yes let's make a 3rd Strike version of a Marvel game, I am sure that will be a phenomenal hit.

And people follow the easy path in every competitive game. You can make a game with 200 characters yet still have only 20 characters be played competitively. Players will naturally pick the best options because they want to have the highest chance of winning.

Yes let's make a 3rd Strike version of a Marvel game, I am sure that will be a phenomenal hit.

And people follow the easy path in every competitive game. You can make a game with 200 characters yet still have only 20 characters be played competitively. Players will naturally pick the best options because they want to have the highest chance of winning.
I understand they are doing things the way they are because they need to sell copies and it's a no brainer to cash in on all the hype for everyone, but yes, I think it could have a pretty decent shot if they went full ham and went wild with it.

I wouldn't lose sleep if like half of the Umvc3 roster never came back, lol.

I actually really like that game's cast, but a lot of them I just don't see as irreplaceable and I like exploring new characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would have said none of the characters, but now that people mention X-23, gameplay-wise, I think I would get rid of her. She was never really that fleshed out or unique aside from some cool supers (particularly her Level 3).

Taskmaster always even seemed hobbled together a bit, and I even mained him for a while.

Akuma is a staple and all, and again, I mained him too, but if someone had to go, I would just integrate his moveset into Ryu and not much would be lost, especially after Ryu could combo out of that overhead in UMvC3.

So yeah, on the basis of gameplay contributions, I wouldn't be too upset at losing the following, especially if you get much more unique characters in their place:

X-23
Taskmaster
Akuma

Top Bottom