• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

jurgen

Thread worthy?

It's just a variant. They're doing MJ variants in June the same way they did Gwen Stacy variants a while back.

INVIM2016008_MJVariant.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I remember her fondly from the Spider-Man ride at Universal. They had every iconic Spider-Man villain and then she shows up out of nowhere. I don't understand why they couldn't just use Venom. Was she in the cartoon?

No, there were just Carnage and Scarlet-Carnage as Symbiote Variants.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's weird. Has the symbiote just forgotten who it was bonded with?
Also that means Eddie Brock no longer has any beef with Spider-man.
The symbiote still remembers Spider-Man and that they almost bonded once, but booth just doesnt know anout Parker.
Eddies anger against Spider-Man was already there before he got the symbiote, his anger only amplified.

Its pretty stupid. A couple of people should have still remembered.

Sandfox

The symbiote still remembers Spider-Man and that they almost bonded once, but booth just doesnt know anout Parker.
Eddies anger against Spider-Man was already there before he got the symbiote, his anger only amplified.

Its pretty stupid. A couple of people should have still remembered.
At this point I would say the people who should know have remembered.

I remember her fondly from the Spider-Man ride at Universal. They had every iconic Spider-Man villain and then she shows up out of nowhere. I don't understand why they couldn't just use Venom. Was she in the cartoon?

Hey remember that Separation Anxiety game where they had like 30 symbiotes?

Spider-Man has the most villain variety but when an X-Men villain, with a good writer, goes off, it's the best thing ever. It's important for that villain to be stopped. Spider-Man villains sometimes feel like a villain for a day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so is Champions already over or is Cyke just leaving the team for X-Men Blue?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Spider-Man has the most villain variety but when an X-Men villain, with a good writer, goes off, it's the best thing ever. It's important for that villain to be stopped. Spider-Man villains sometimes feel like a villain for a day.

Yeah, thats another reason why I grew disappointed with Slott. Dude is an amazing plotter and lays out great plans, he should have done one big ass arc where he build someone up, somehow in the vain of the Gauntlet & The Grimhunt. And then an amazing final. Totally missed opportunity for his Goblin story.

Sandfox

May and Matt should, too. And some Villains would be nice, too, adds more stakes.
Otto and Jackal know at least. We'll see what happens with Norman.
Damn it

Fuck

I actually want to read this

Damn you Bunn

Spidey and/or the X-Men
The interviews for the new books have been really good.
so is Champions already over or is Cyke just leaving the team for X-Men Blue?
He'll be on both teams for now.

jurgen

Villain tier goes:

Batman
Spider-Man
Superman
The Flash
X-men

Batman
The Flash
Superman
X-Men
Spider-Man

If Spider-Man didn't have Goblin or Ock, he wouldn't even be in my top five. Venom's neat, but the concept has been beaten to death as a villain. Then what? Kraven, who hasn't had a strong story in maybe 10-15 years. Mysterio, who is almost a joke these days?

Flash is great because because there is SO much variety. You have these world/reality threatening characters like Reverse Flash or Zoom or Grodd or Cobalt Blue but also the blue-collar, under the radar, underdog nature of the Rogues.

X-men is seriously underrated just because of Sinister. I could have read Kieron Gillen's take on him forever.

Sandfox

Batman
The Flash
Superman
X-Men
Spider-Man

If Spider-Man didn't have Goblin or Ock, he wouldn't even be in my top five. Venom's neat, but the concept has been beaten to death as a villain. Then what? Kraven, who hasn't had a strong story in maybe 10-15 years. Mysterio, who is almost a joke these days?

Flash is great because because there is SO much variety. You have these world/reality threatening characters like Reverse Flash or Zoom or Grodd or Cobalt Blue but also the blue-collar, under the radar, underdog nature of the Rogues.

X-men is seriously underrated just because of Sinister. I could have read Kieron Gillen's take on him forever.
Kraven had Grim Hunt. There's also, Hobgoblin, Lizard, Rhino, Jackal, Scorpion, and Jackal off the top of my head who should be listed before Mysterio and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

X-Men villains are tough to list, because a good chunk of them have flipped sides, and a lot of those are teams, but we have:

Selene
The Purifiers (including Reverend Stryker)
Lady Deathstrike
Sabretooth
Mystique
Magneto
Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur and various successors)
Horseman of Apocalypse (Genocide, etc.)
Vulcan
Mr. Sinister
Exodus
Sublime
Sebastian Shaw
Donald Pierce
Graydon Creed
Bastion
Trask
Mojo
Vargas
Cassandra Nova
The Shi'ar (depending on whom ever is leading them at the time)

Fuck man. That's a list.

Sandfox

X-Men villains are tough to list, because a good chunk of them have flipped sides, and a lot of those are teams, but we have:

Selene
The Purifiers (including Reverend Stryker)
Lady Deathstrike
Sabretooth
Mystique
Magneto
Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur and various successors)
Horseman of Apocalypse (Genocide, etc.)
Vulcan
Mr. Sinister
Exodus
Sublime
Sebastian Shaw
Donald Pierce
Graydon Creed
Bastion
Trask
Mojo
Vargas
Cassandra Nova
The Shi'ar (depending on whom ever is leading them at the time)

Fuck man. That's a list.
You forgot to list Xavier. He has probably killed more X-Men than everyone you mentioned.

Oh boy. I hit "Eight Diagram Dragon Palm" (Ep 4)

Oh god, it's like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'm cringing so hard my balls are in the atmosphere and my nose is at the core of the Earth. Christ Danny. At least the pace picked up. A lot.
You forgot to list Xavier. He has probably killed more X-Men than everyone you mentioned.
That reminds me about:
Danger
Ord (and Breakworld in general)
The Brood
Azazel
Stryfe

I actually dig that.

Top Bottom