• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Brandon Graham responded to the WWAC quick roundtable about Island #15 cover. Bolded emphasis mine.

The WWAC roundtable about it was pretty so and so because it was much more about the immediate reaction to the cover rather than in depth review. With that said,

this is a pretty tepid and tone deaf response that you would expect from Tom Brevoort. Not Brandon Graham but hey here it is.

I don't think he really *gets* it. Zainab Akhtar had a pretty good succinct take on it tho

Aw I'm just taking the piss

That said, I only read comics

Ha, the biggest mistake.

What's your take on Ed Brisson btw? I've only ever read Sheltered by him, which I kind of struggled to invest in, and dropped after the first volume. He's getting some high profile work at Marvel though, and on books I would ideally follow (OML, Iron Fist) but I dunno... You referenced Bullseye in your Electric write up and it didn't sound good?

Ha, the biggest mistake.

What's your take on Ed Brisson btw? I've only ever read Sheltered by him, which I kind of struggled to invest in, and dropped after the first volume. He's getting some high profile work at Marvel though, and on books I would ideally follow (OML, Iron Fist) but I dunno... You referenced Bullseye in your Electric write up and it didn't sound good?

I don't have much of an opinion formed of him. He definitely seems capable of doing good work, but Sheltered failed to grab me too

Bullseye, I feel like there was never an idea on the table that could have been a good book...it's perfectly serviceable but this isn't the hardest character to grasp; I don't think it demonstrates anything either way.

I think if there's an interesting idea behind his Iron Fist or OML, they could be good, or they could demonstrate fairly definitively that he isn't ever gonna be a great talent. We shall see...

I think if there's an interesting idea behind his Iron Fist or OML, they could be good, or they could demonstrate fairly definitively that he isn't ever gonna be a great talent. We shall see...

Haha for sure. Cheers anyway, I just haven't read anything by him since Sheltered, trying to be optimistic. All the writers I liked at Marvel doing this kind of street level or gritty character driven hero stuff, Bru, Fraction, Rucka, now Lemire, all gone </3 I'm finally getting around to picking up DD vol one by Soule which I know you've had your own moments with, but crossing my fingers. All 10.

http://www.newsarama.com/33639-synd...off-massive-dc-summer-event-in-dark-days.html

Wonder where they are going with this.

Dark Days: The Forge #1 and Dark Days: The Casting #1 are a pair of specials that DC describes as the kick-off of a massive summer event and promises will "break new ground in DC's publishing line."

Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV will write and be joined by artists Andy Kubert, Jim Lee and John Romita Jr.

Snyder further revealed that the event will veer away from the common trope of superheroes fighting superheroes, and will use current continuity to open up the doors for future stories ala Crisis On Infinite Earths.

Just spotted this. At first I assumed this was the Snyder & Capullo thing but nope. Looks interesting. Great image:

DDays_Forge_1.jpg

You'd have to think this lays the ground work for their event. A way to set up storylines and build interest.

Oh yea, I have no doubt there will be some cause and effect, I definitely agree with you there. I just mean literally, I saw the headline and I was like "oh cool ,this must be the Snyder/Capullo book" and was surprised for it to be a different event. The other thought is how or if this connects to the watchmen stuff, despite no mention of Johns involvement. Lots of crazy stuff happening at Dc right now

If I'm planning on checking out both the champions and the waid/del mundo avengers stuff when they hit trade, would folks recommend the previous all new all different run? Or just skip it all together? Seems like out of 15 issues, at least 5 of them managed to tie in other events which is a little offputting. Deft writers can work their own storylines through that stuff though. What do folks think?

Ross61

Oh yea, I have no doubt there will be some cause and effect, I definitely agree with you there. I just mean literally, I saw the headline and I was like "oh cool ,this must be the Snyder/Capullo book" and was surprised for it to be a different event. The other thought is how or if this connects to the watchmen stuff, despite no mention of Johns involvement. Lots of crazy stuff happening at Dc right now.

The Snyder and Capullo event is called Metal. We know for sure it will involve Batman primarily, but it's almost confirmed that Hawkman and probably Hawkwoman will play a major role.

I would like a little followup to Darkseid War. Not a ton, but I'd like some info on Baby Darkseid and what all went down with Lex on Apokolips, and if anyone found the Mobius chair on the moon. Also literally anything on Shazam.

Looking more at that cover a crazy theory comes to mind...what if this is some kind of revisiting of Flashpoint. Or something along those lines. Like they're in universe looking back at Flashpoint and the whole casting and forging of New 52?

Bleeding cool (I know) has some decent speculation in their report. They're going down the line of Batman having eyes and ears everywhere these days, from spy agencies to the teen titans, and militarising his team mates in TEC.

Bleeding cool (I know) has some decent speculation in their report. They're going down the line of Batman having eyes and ears everywhere these days, from spy agencies to the teen titans, and militarising his team mates in TEC.

Maybe he is setting up some sort of a centralised agency? One collecting intelligence of all sorts?

The Bat emblem and the statue in the cover seem specifically not to be the current Batman to me. Largely what made me think possibly revisiting Flashpoint and looking into what made the New 52 that could possibly be followup from the button but still set up for what is actually supposed to come from all of this.

mreddie

And it's centered on Batman, what a shock.

I do find it funny that CBR article, DC is throwing shade at a particular company.

I don't really read events and I can't say I'm a fan of Snyder but thank god it's not a heroes vs heroes story. I don't know how anyone can get excited for those anymore.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
still recovering from CW II

i never even finished , and put all marvel books on hold

what should i read?

i got a Raven mini, a few issues of Redhood & the Outlaws that are Starfire focused

IDW's TMNT which i am slowly and happily going through

CW is keeping my comics love alive right now

You should ask him on twitter! Would be a fun annual for ASB since we're getting one issue in the normal Batman book.

A haha if I tweet him, it only increases the chances I distract him yours man ;)

Probably new fertiliser for the trees

Ha! Nice. This was a good outcome. Lore, tweet him that too xD

I think the Parliament is actually dead.

Haha they might be actually. I really need to read the Soule run from start to finish. Guess that KILLS my joke then. :p

How far are you now? I've got the first 5 here, but I think I've only actually read 3.

You know, I'm really not into those Mark Brooks covers. Not sure what it is but I'm not feeling it.

Owzers

still recovering from CW II

i never even finished , and put all marvel books on hold

what should i read?

i got a Raven mini, a few issues of Redhood & the Outlaws that are Starfire focused

CW is keeping my comics love alive right now
I'm just starting cw2 on MU...

Top Bottom