• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home's first ARG called Xi debuts today

Ramenman

JodyAnthony said:
i thought the whole point of an ARG was that it took place in the real world?

That's why you had to wait in line to play Bowling from the beginning. So that it's like the real world, so that they can make ARG in it !

The plot thickens !

Cruzader said:
Xi hub is in Home to help solve whatever Xi is occuring in real life.

Now that's interesting (in theory at least).

bryehn

Think something's glitched. Got the 3 pieces but I still can't access the HoloPad. It crashed on me before I got the third piece.

Yeah now Home's just freezing when I go to load it. Good stuff. I remember why I deleted it in the first place.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
GodofWine said:
I just want the Red Bull Air Race thing to go live...thats all.

..and more running man variants.

wtf

the Air Race thing is already running

Cruzader

Banned
The browser that you can access through one of the terminals is pretty decent(posting from it within Home) Seems they are indeed testing the XMB browser(in-game) thats rumored to come.

Ploid 3.0

Cruzader said:
The browser that you can access through one of the terminals is pretty decent(posting from it within Home) Seems they are indeed testing the XMB browser(in-game) thats rumored to come.

What browser in home? I can be in home while browsing gaf?!!!

Cruzader

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
What browser in home? I can be in home while browsing gaf?!!!
The terminals in the Xi Hub let you browse the net. About time. They should put them on every space to quickly check GAF.lol (doing it right now)

Jostifer

Cruzader said:
The terminals in the Xi Hub let you browse the net. About time. They should put them on every space to quickly check GAF.lol (doing it right now)

Web browsing has been an option since beta (even present in 2007 i beliv). Sony or any advertiser can connect any of the ads placed around to a url (you will then get two options, view ad in full screen or follow url link). japan home uses this a bit more, one ad in eu is using it now (main screen). not sure about usa. What i'm saying is that it's been there a while, just not used too much.

bryehn

So now I got the pieces but there's no option to access the "AFK site" in the Online Hub. So glitched out. Still, a reason to use Home at all is sweet.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ramenman said:

LOL.

Its pretty neat. I instantly see the in game browser thing. It seems they can use Home as a test bed for a lot of stuff like that.

Also, I like that the Hub has a little intro sequence. All spaces should have that.

Jostifer

bryehn said:
So now I got the pieces but there's no option to access the "AFK site" in the Online Hub. So glitched out. Still, a reason to use Home at all is sweet.
I've seen another guy who couldn't finish introductory quest with the three pieces. just press the panel near the entrance again and reset the quest, worked for him then.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Jostifer said:
I've seen another guy who couldn't finish introductory quest with the three pieces. just press the panel near the entrance again and reset the quest, worked for him then.

yep.. you can also go to another space and come back, it fixes a number of issues.

Now I cant find the first Stapler quest answer. The band's name. I looked through the blog, and the video... nothing.

Jostifer

AceBandage said:
Same here.

In miquels blog there's a section where he mentions his boss (jess) playing same track over and over. track name is 'Not Accepted Anywhere'
Use the Google (blackle) search in computer system...

The Faceless Master said:
isn't an ARG in a videogame just ... a videogame?
Home is technically an alternate realty, just like all other video games, so that means if you are playing the ARG within Home, in reality you are playing an ARG with your Home avatar, which is in a ARG.

Fuck

Blu_LED said:
Home is technically an alternate realty, just like all other video games, so that means if you are playing the ARG within Home, in reality you are playing an ARG with your Home avatar, which is in a ARG.

Fuck

so this is like that onion report on the world of the world of warcraft where you play a guy playing the game world of warcraft?

ZombieSupaStar said:
so this is like that onion report on the world of the world of warcraft where you play a guy playing the game world of warcraft?
That's exactly what its lie. You're playing a game where your avatar plays a game. :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
this shit is wack

it took me 20 minutes to find the stupid portal while I was rocking out to 50 Cent on the jukebox.

Then I didn't pay attention to the intro video and had no idea wtf I was doing. Finally I tried to use a terminal and nothing worked. Either I got timed out or it never loaded.

elohel

jobber said:
this shit is wack

it took me 20 minutes to find the stupid portal while I was rocking out to 50 Cent on the jukebox.

Then I didn't pay attention to the intro video and had no idea wtf I was doing. Finally I tried to use a terminal and nothing worked. Either I got timed out or it never loaded.

i dunno, i don't think it's completely "wack"

just a scoach wack

hopefully they start doing more stuff like this in home to promote games n stuff

thatd remove all of the wack from home, or at least some of it

AndyD

aka andydumi
jobber said:
this shit is wack

If you exit and reenter it regives you the hints if you are in the middle of a search.

patsu

°°ToMmY°° said:
name of jess' favourite band is
automatic

Yeah, I got the answer from someone else and entered into the Holopad. Got a butterfly for it. But Stapler doesn't want to give me the next mission 8^(

What's next ?

Where's the answer to that question anyway ? I searched Miguel's blog but it's not there.

patsu said:
Yeah, I got the answer from someone else and entered into the Holopad. Got a butterfly for it. But Stapler doesn't want to give me the next mission 8^(

What's next ?

Where's the answer to that question anyway ? I searched Miguel's blog but it's not there.

i dunno. i asked for it too :lol

Jostifer

Check the spoilered posts above u, they explain the puzzle. New missions will be given gradually btw, you're not supposed to do all today.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Will try it out. Just reinstalled it a couple days ago (finally, a month late) after upgrading my HDD a month ago.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Jostifer said:
Check the spoilered posts above u, they explain the puzzle. New missions will be given gradually btw, you're not supposed to do all today.

This. The intro says they will have new stuff every day or every week.

As long as they keep it going regularly and span out the missions into other Home spaces it would be pretty cool. Sort of giving you a rough guided tour of the various things Home can do and possibly giving you some rewards in the end.

It really is a neat idea. A mini game that lets you explore the main game.

Septimus

Someone on the PS forums glitched their way past the big black Xi door in The Hub and the option to "Finish Xi" with the press of X appeared. Obviously, it didn't work though. lol

Septimus

Well 2 of the 24 fragments of the map are now available to get. Assuming they keep doing one each day, this will go on for another month or so. But I don't think it works like the first person who completes it, wins something. More like it's counting down to something. That's my take anyway.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Septimus said:
Well 2 of the 24 fragments of the map are now available to get. Assuming they keep doing one each day, this will go on for another month or so. But I don't think it works like the first person who completes it, wins something. More like it's counting down to something. That's my take anyway.

I see it that way as well. Maybe get stuff along the way. Something at 12 halfway, then something at 24.

Also, is the second fragment obtainable in the HUb or do you have to go outside? I am at work.

Top Bottom