• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the tallest building you've been in?

Lagamorph

Burj Khalifa baby, went to Dubai on deployment in 2013 and you know we all went to stand in line to go to the observation deck.

Have also been to Sears Tower and stood in those glass box things that jet out the side of the building.
I've been there as well, but was really disappointed that the "At the top" observation deck is barely more than halfway up. As a visitor you can't go anywhere near the actual top floor.

The Burj. All the other buildings feel miniature.
KekBTlh.jpg

I've been there as well, but was really disappointed that the "At the top" observation deck is barely more than halfway up. As a visitor you can't go anywhere near the actual top floor.

Yeah whats the point of having the tallest tower in the world and you cant visit the top?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Empire State Building when I went to NY 15 years ago

Raptomex

The Freedom Tower. It was also quite expensive to walk inside of the building and ride an elevator to the top when I can just do that for free in most other buildings.

I was at the top of the Trade Towers way back in the day with my dad. I don't remember him spending money but then again I was child so I could be very wrong.

Last year I went to the Lebua state tower in Bangkok which is 67 stories with a bar on top. It's where some of Hangover 2 was shot.

Tower is CN Tower. Went up to the visitors Center above when I was probably 10 years old.

Dommel

Twin towers 1999.

Cool thing about those was that you actually were able to go outside on the upper deck.

All the others I've been to (Tokyo Skytree, Macau Tower, CN tower) are all indoors which takes a way quite a bit from the experience.

Unless you want to go do edge walk stuff with harnasses etc.

Mahonay

Banned
Sears Tower in Chicago. You can feel the top of the building being moved by the wind, it's creepy.

As a kid I would put my head against the window and look straight down. The cars look like ants from that height.

Kurdel

Banned
Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

It feels like you ar çe playing Sim City, totally bonkers.

Not worth going to the UAE for though.

One World Trade Center. I've only been to the top once, but it's such a great view of Manhattan.

I'd love to check out the Burj Khalifa (and Dubai in general) sometime. I imagine that view is insane.

thenexus6

Cool thing about those was that you actually were able to go outside on the upper deck.

All the others I've been to (Tokyo Skytree, Macau Tower, CN tower) are all indoors which takes a way quite a bit from the experience.

Yeah it was unreal, still remember it clearly to this day.

Hm... Been up in Tokyo Tower, but if we're only talking about buildings and not such towers then Rockefeller/Top of The Rock.

Roppongi Hills Mori Tower has an outside deck:

Much better than going to Tokyo Tower or Tokyo Skytree IMO :p

jph139

Shanghai WFC, whichs sets a 474m for the highest deck. The Shanghai Tower wasn't open yet for public then.

Yup, same for me. Was Fall 2013 so it was a little more than a year out from opening. It was crazy seeing the three of them side-by-side like that.

I think the WFC is the coolest looking of the three though, bottle opener and all. So no regrets.

Rookhelm

I've been on the roof of the original World Trade Center in NY, and the CN tower. CN tower is taller. I walked on their glass floor. That was some scary stuff.

geardo

CN tower and the Renaissance Center in Detroit back when they used to have that rotating restaurant at the top.

Yeah whats the point of having the tallest tower in the world and you cant visit the top?
I went there as well, if I recall the top floors are hotels/private residences for the elite?

In the city where the least amount of numbers on your license plate is a sign of wealth and status, not surprising.

Kas

Went to the visitor deck at the Empire State Building. I could've gone up to the higher floor, but I'm terrified of heights and tall buildings.

Top Bottom