• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Midnight tonight

New 3DS XL
Majora's Mask 3D (which I have barely ever played and well over 15 years ago)

MOTHERFUCKING MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE

14312933232_e36f99b17c_o.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Seven other friends? I thought it was a miracle I made a party of four including myself with 3U and you guys are eight? So jealous right now!

We keep getting others hooked :p

Originally it was five of us playing 3U, but we've gotten two more people into the series since then and the eighth is going to be diving in for the first time tomorrow

Moondrop

Banned
I really feel as if we're standing on the precipice of the abyss. Monster Hunter is such a life destroyer, and this one appears to be better than ever.

Oh well, goodbye cruel world.

Kensuke

Got the game about three weeks ago (review copy) and managed to fight my way up to G-rank. I'm using the Insect Glaive exclusively right now. It feels like I can do so much with it, both alone and with a team.

Time to show off a little. Here are the two (high rank) sets I'm currently using. You can look up armor skills here.

Set #1 Name Monster:
Gold Rathian
Skills:
Attack Up XL
Great Luck
Partbreaker
Divine Blessing
Thunder Res -20 (negative skill)

Set #2 Name Monster:
Ukanlos
Skills:
Honed Blade (Sharpness +1 & Attack Up Large)
Razor Sharp
Adrenaline +1
Negate Mud/Snow
Critical Eye -1 (negative skill)

Both sets are very focused on getting a lot of damage. Set #2 is probably stronger, but Set #1 is way better for getting more rewards.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That is complete bullshit. Who the hell thought that would be a good idea? I'm still reeling at how stupid that is.

Hype deflated a tiny bit. My Monster Hunter group is mostly made up of women and there will be a couple very disappointed with that. :(

Ace 8095

Buying this from Best Buy tomorrow. With the $10 gc and GCU it's only $22. If it hate it I can trade it in for more than that.

tuffy

It's interesting how much earlier some skills show up now. Ones like Honed Blade and Bonus Shot used to be G rank but now show up on high rank sets. Steady Hand even has decorations now which might make it a lot more viable than before.

Kensuke

It's interesting how much earlier some skills show up now. Ones like Honed Blade and Bonus Shot used to be G rank but now show up on high rank sets. Steady Hand even has decorations now which might make it a lot more viable than before.

Not that early. The monster you fight to get the Honed Blade set is literally the last high rank (multiplayer) urgent quest.

Cheers guys. I'm looking at the hammer and will probably go with that mainly because I normally am a Sword and Shield guy (in other games) and want to have a different feel with MH.

Garou

Well they had to have all skills represented in MH4 which came a year before MH4G.

Kinsei

Banned
I only played the hammer a bit starting out in MH3U, but I thought it was very easy to get the hang of compared to other weapons.

Oops I meant superpound, not hammer in general. It ended up going from one of my most used hammer attacks in 3 to one of my least used hammer attacks in 3U

Raxus

My special edition Monster Hunter 3DS is now being tracked and is due to ship tomorrow. Should be hunting monsters in no time! Majora's mask is also coming in the mean time.

Got the game about three weeks ago (review copy) and managed to fight my way up to G-rank. I'm using the Insect Glaive exclusively right now. It feels like I can do so much with it, both alone and with a team.

Time to show off a little. Here are the two (high rank) sets I'm currently using. You can look up armor skills here.

Set #1 Name Monster:
Gold Rathian
Skills:
Attack Up XL
Great Luck
Partbreaker
Divine Blessing
Thunder Res -20 (negative skill)

Set #2 Name Monster:
Ukanlos
Skills:
Honed Blade (Sharpness +1 & Attack Up Large)
Razor Sharp
Adrenaline +1
Negate Mud/Snow
Critical Eye -1 (negative skill)

Honed Blade on a HR set? Wat?

Nicktals

Banned
So the circle controller addon for a regular 3DS works for this, right? Anywhere to get it for cheap in the US these days? I want to play this so bad, and was tempted to see if a Wii U version would come out...I don't think I have the patience to wait, but my regular OG 3DS is kinda beat up....

Unicorn

Is there a way to get immediate eshop credit from Amazon? I have credit there and want a code from Amazon or something so I can buy at midnight.

Pretty cool, right? :p Not as easy to get as it sounds though. You have to beat every single elder dragon before you get to Ukanlos.

The next set is Honed Blade isn't until G3...

Given I only played MH3U, does this game also use skill gems? If so, did you use gems to add in Honed Blade, or is that a skill you get from having a complete armor set? Also, if gems are still in couldn't you gem out critical eye -1?

Kinsei

Banned
Pretty cool, right? :p Not as easy to get as it sounds though. You have to beat every single elder dragon before you get to Ukanlos.

The next set is Honed Blade isn't until G3...

Wait Ukanlos has a high rank version? What BS is this? I know he had one due in P3rd since that game didn't have G rank, but I was really hoping he'd be G rank exclusive again.

kollapse

Neo Member
It's great seeing so much enthusiasm for a MH game here, and what appears to be a bunch of people getting it for the first time.

I played the hell out of 4 and skipped 4G to wait for this, so I'm extremely hyped for tomorrow.

I'm curious if everyone is going to be using the bug staff, because online with 4, it was very, very well represented (probably because of the novelty). It's fun, but I think I'll go a different route this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom