• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Also, god I hope this does well. I know VNs have gotten a bit more popular in the West but if Steins;Gate was to under perform I'm afraid it might kill the enthusiasm to port them for the West.
Someone with knowledge of ports would have to answer this, but i wonder what the sales target for a game like this is.
I don't know shit about the original material, but that OP and that US Gamer review pretty much convinced me to make it my first (retail) Vita purchase of the year :)
YAY! :)

nikos

Nice OT! Been waing a long time for this. Holding out on watching the anime. Hoping for a nice physical release in NA, though it doesn't seem much more expensive to import it.

Was planning on getting it for the Vita, though I'm sort of leaning towards the PS3 version now. Maybe I'll double dip.

MetalDeer

That shit was hella annoying

sVNL53j.jpg

Oh I forgot. I said I was going to work it into the OT, but I couldn't find a way that wasn't absurd. So I'll just repost it to give nightmares.
On second thought, I should have made this her character profile picture and totally confused newbs to the franchise. Drats.

Firestar

Really nice OT. Hyped to get my copy, even though I have already played it through on PC. Didn't do all the alternate endings, maybe I will do them this time

Preordered the PS3 version (UK) because I've wanted to check out the anime since the dawn of time, but I've heard that playing this first is actually preferable. I have really high hopes for it. Good job on the OT.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Didn't put my new credit card into ShopTo so the pre-order cancelled but how long is this game? I might buy from Amazon now.

AwShucks

Come on with that NA release date already! If it came out now I would have time to play before MGS V comes out.

Damn! I REALLY like to have this ASAP. But I don't how much would I need to wait for the NA version...

GAF! should I order this from Amazon and wait for it while it comes to Chile? or there may be a possibility that the NA version will come next week?

I probably have asked this before in some thread but is it recommended to play with a spoiler free guide or go in totally blind for optimal experience?

I probably have asked this before in some thread but is it recommended to play with a spoiler free guide or go in totally blind for optimal experience?
I'd play blind myself and then use a guide to mop up trophies or anything you missed. Not sure what others might think though.

MetalDeer

I was planning on getting the Vita version, but once I heard the PS3 version has 1080p assets (that the PC version doesn't have.. for whatever reason), I changed my mind. And, well, the PS TV doesn't exactly have the greatest image quality.

My Vita could probably use a rest after I finish DanganRonpa 1 & 2, anyways.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I was planning on getting the Vita version, but once I heard the PS3 version has 1080p assets (that the PC version doesn't have.. for whatever reason), I changed my mind. And, well, the PS TV doesn't exactly have the greatest image quality.

My Vita could probably use a rest after I finish DanganRonpa 1 & 2, anyways.

Yeah I knew about this before release since I asked Peter after the announcement. (He had approached me since I was dressed as Kurisu.) Apparently the devs only wanted to use PC assets with the PC version and wouldn't budge on it.

Hugstable

Banned
Great OT, thinking about getting it for Vita. Is it going to be Playstation TV compatible? Going to Best Buy later today to see if anymore PSTV's are around since they seem to be on sale.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Great OT, thinking about getting it for Vita. Is it going to be Playstation TV compatible? Going to Best Buy later today to see if anymore PSTV's are around since they seem to be on sale.

It is PSTV compatible so you're good to go there if that's what you want.

Top Bottom