• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
eG2tQQo.png

Featuring:

The Mythocast - DestinyGAF's Own Occasionally-released Podcasthttp://www.spreaker.com/show/mythocast_1

• Episode 6 out now, covering the Reef and Trials of Osiris reveals.
  • Episode 7 coming soon with Prison of Elders discussion!
    and rambling
En9RjJl.jpg

VWJGIVa.jpg

mjU5mVq.jpg

(Read these if you have just reached level 20 or are frustrated with progression)

lIzEcTB.jpg

TS8UjVF.jpg
jf3iESz.png

aAEGjyL.jpg

Annimation1.gif

GL-19.jpg

• Unlock all Achievements, then PM Lnkn52 to be added to the list! Send a PM here.

Flawless Victory
, Lawless Figtory

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
I hope my newly ascended Thorn can get me that snazzy warlock ToO chest!

Trials is pretty neat. It's fun watching all the different strats other teams use. Didn't get to nine wins on my first card, but got enough to get the chest piece and that's what I really wanted.

Also gave me enough passage coins to rebuy all the buffs. Nice.

Will be down to 34/35 PoE or ToO later.

Glorious.

That blows. Thanks for the heads up. Will keep a spot clear.

What color shader is that? God damn.

-
Also in ToO teams forming soon?

best title

bogue you update the thread links?

Not yet. Scrubby OT is scrubby. Making Wall of Shame now, let me know what other stuff you'd like me to update. Still need to add your PvP call-outs post from yesterday.

Ugh, it stinks being so far behind with the thread and the game. Boo real life.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
took the title of the next gw2 OT, lol.
PVE players have 2 weekly etheric lights per characters and access to elemental primaries and 3 new exotics. I think it's pretty fair, I like this direction Bungie is going.
And a guaranteed top-tier armor piece for progression each week. It's a massive reversal in terms of the path to max level compared to launch and the first expansion.

I expect the reward schedule to be tweaked, in the relatively short term; perhaps up slightly for most PoE activites somehow, and down slightly for the amount available to the winningest teams in ToO. But I also expect whatever comes next that raises the level to ramp down the rate of progression a bit overall, and put it somewhere between TDB-era and the current frenzy.

Why does the title have a diamond? The only reason it had a diamond before was because of 21 lol

Not sure what you mean "because of 21"

The diamond is for the light level symbol that shows up next to your players level once they go above Lv20. Every level above 20 has the symbol.

Trakan

Took like 12 engrams but I got all 3 new exotic helmets. I got another one I needed in the process as well. Nighthawk looks so good.

I think it's way smarter for Bungie to let the new exotics remain somewhat rare and give something people to play for than do what they did last time and give them all away on week 1.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not yet. Scrubby OT is scrubby. Making Wall of Shame now, let me know what other stuff you'd like me to update. Still need to add your PvP call-outs post from yesterday.

Ugh, it stinks being so far behind with the thread and the game. Boo real life.
Thanks for doing it all regardless. Hope everything is going as smoothly as possible IRL.

blackjaw

0-9 on trials

This shit is hard if you:

-are not 34
-casual pvp player
-don't have thorn

Also, if you don't get kills you don't get a super, heavily skews match towards the 'better' pvp players

Highlight was brute force winning a match by bum rushing them when they hid only to have their warlock revive then jump jump jump around and get a Titan up who just use his lvl34 revive shield to wreck our shit and go on to win the match.

Unfortunately ToO might not be me. I'll try again at 34

I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow I will face the trials of Osiris, to get my hands on some etheric light.

I will fail horribly.

Good luck, Guardians, and good night.

goldensun

I have a question for everyone and anyone who has been playing since launch:

Is the new expansion enough to merit getting back into Destiny?

I played Destiny from launch all the way until I got everything I needed after The Dark Below came out. I had my character's light level maxed, had all of the weapons I wanted, etc. I stopped playing Destiny because I was tired of how I had to wait a whole week to cycle the same raid to pray to RNGesus that my drop was what I wanted. I did enjoy the weekly nightfalls and strikes, but the game just became stale to me.

Again, I want to know anyone's opinion on how much content and depth this new expansion adds to Destiny after TDB. Thanks for your inputs guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom