• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves Reveal Thread

mbW2RPQ.jpg

D4LjPlf.jpg

5OfiKUn.jpg

J6BpxIs.jpg

NqqQK9I.jpg

v5DjQRa.jpg

rcKAmSf.jpg

KxfRzVL.jpg

kwfDnMW.jpg

9or06Wo.jpg

0NUCRMG.jpg

F0KDOwt.jpg

L9Q1NRf.png

FLZIXe3.jpg

HPhEShp.jpg

MHxPvgM.jpg

B8PLdhg.jpg

7Tp4uME.jpg

uMiMutF.jpg

eCeKojS.jpg

FXV9NAp.jpg

kiRNzhS.jpg

RqzNZxF.png

8Qj4IEF.png

REVIEWS COMING SOON!!!
(PM me to add a new review)

PoYcNmH.png

Q: Do the physical editions come with download codes for the expansions, or a separate disc?
A: In the physical editions and bundles of Destiny, the original game disc is included alongside digital download codes for the expansions. There is no physical download disc for the expansions.

Q: Is The Taken King expansion required to experience the changes in Destiny 2.0?
A: The changes and features made to the game on September 8th are available to all players, unless otherwise stated to be available for a limited time, such as the Crucible Preview Event.

Q: If I don't have the first two expansions, can I play The Taken King?
A: The Dark Below and House of Wolves expansions are both required to play The Taken King. All three expansions are included in the Legendary and Collector's editions of the game.

Q: If I buy one of the editions early, will I be able to play the content?
A: Yes, you will be able to play the original game and the first two expansions prior to the launch of The Taken King.

Q: Do the physical editions come with download codes for the expansions, or a separate disc?
A: In the physical editions and bundles of Destiny, the original game disc is included alongside digital download codes for the expansions. There is no physical download disc for the expansions.

Q: What happens to the PlayStation exclusive items from Year One?
A: All exclusive items from Year One will become available to all platforms on September 15th. This includes weapons such as Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo and the 4th Horseman, the Strikes Dust Palace and Undying Mind, the Crucible maps Timekeeper and Exodus Blue, and several sets of armor. New additional content will remain exclusive to PlayStation platforms for another year. Click here to view Year Two exclusive content.

Q: What happens to my Character Level in The Taken King, and how do I level up?
A: On September 8th, your Light Level from Year One will be grandfathered in as your new Character Level, whether you are a Level 29 or 34, etc. This new Character Level is based on all of the gear you have in your entire inventory and vault, even if you do not have it equipped. Since your Character Level is no longer attached to gear, anything you do in the world will contribute experience towards ranking up to the level cap.

Q: What is the new Light Leveling system and how do I find more Light?
A: Your Light Level is an average of your Weapon Attack and Armor Defense stats. This includes every piece of gear that you have equipped. To increase your light, find and equip more powerful gear. In Year One, Light Level increases occurred simultaneously with your Character Level. In Year Two however your Light Level will increase more incrementally, making differences in power between you and your enemies more manageable.

Q: Can I upgrade my old Legendaries and Exotics again?
A: Year One Legendaries will not be upgradeable. Some Exotics will have Year Two versions with new talents available for purchase once you have unlocked its original version. More Year One Exotics will be included in this pool over time.

Q: Can I transfer my characters to another console?
A: PS3 players can move their characters over to PS4, and Xbox 360 players can move their characters over to Xbox One. You cannot however move your Playstation character over to Xbox, or vice versa.

Q: Am I still able to upgrade digitally from last-gen to current-gen for free?
A: No, the free digital upgrade is no longer valid.

Q: Is an online subscription required to play Destiny?
A: The Story and Patrol activities do not require a subscription on any console. An Xbox Live Gold membership and Playstation Plus membership is required to join fireteams and play all other activities (Strikes, Raids, Crucible) on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Playstation 4, respectively. The PS3 does not require a subscription. Note that if a PS4 or Xbox One is set as a primary console, any account on a PS4 or Xbox One can play Destiny as if it were a premium account.

Q: How much storage space do I need to play Destiny?
A: PS4 and Xbox One require a minimum 60GB of storage; PS3 and Xbox 360 require a minimum 30GB of storage. Additional storage may be required for some updates and features.

Q: Will The Taken King have new Trophies and Achievements?
A: Yes.

Official Pre-Order FAQ

3tQ6l7n.png

Looking for tips and tricks, a clan to join, or just a friendly community to play with? Stop on by DestinyGAF!

Thanks to Duebrithil for the faction banners and to the rest of DestinyGAF for being awesome!

JTripper

I haven't played Destiny in a month or so cause I finally hit the wall of "there's nothing else for me to earn or complete".

Hopefully this DLC's content will make me want to play it since it doesn't include a raid. But I guess increasing the level cap is already something to work towards.

SgtCobra

I don't even know why I'm here. But hey, nice OP Zoba!

Please Bungie, include some fun weapons, the nerfs have been unforgiving on some weapons T_T

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
All I really care about is the Prison of Elders, and we won't be hearing about that for weeks. :-(

Excited to see what they reveal in this stream. Destiny was a really weird game for me. I dropped it during launch month after hitting 20, but around March I picked it up again and have been having a blast ever since.

Hope this DLC pack delivers!

All I really care about is the Prison of Elders, and we won't be hearing about that for weeks. :-(

The update schedule isn't doing the game any favors. Maybe we'll hear something about it today though

I'm more interested in the pvp maps. i really want to see some strong ones especially for 3v3. Cauldron's one of the best maps in the game, but then Skyshock is in the same pool and that is not the kind of vehicle map Destiny needs.

come on Bungie, surprise me.

GhaleonEB

Picked a good day to work from home this morning.

PSA: If you want to swing by to let everyone know you still think Destiny is a stinky pile of poo poo, this is not the thread you are looking for. Please keep this one relatively on topic.

cakely

I really hope there is a method for upgrading all legendary weapons to the new damage cap and not just raid legendary weapons.

That being said, if I can upgrade "Corrective Measure" I absolutely will, that thing is god-tier.

shanafan

Picked a good day to work from home this morning.

PSA: If you want to swing by to let everyone know you still think Destiny is a stinky pile of poo poo, this is not the thread you are looking for. Please keep this one relatively on topic.

MOqAti7.gif

Theorry

People still watch this stream? :p

Cant wait. Really want to see how the upgrading works. Good they also show this already.
Unlike the TDB release.

Top Bottom