• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

F4r0_Atak

I doubt development on U4 DLC began 1.5 years before U4 was released.

Lots of stuff there that never turned into anything. Such as...

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

No but they could have assigned some people to prototype ideas for their next game. Didn't they only went "full" production on ULL after UC4 development wraped up?

Also for the #10... the only game that pops to my mind when I read the description is Let It Die, which fits the bill.

While I was looking for the PSASBR trademark, I noticed that not only Sony still owns the trademark for What Remains of Edith Finch, but that they asked for (and were granted) an extension on March 15, 2017

A weird move for a game they are not publishing anymore no?

C-ZBUOiXkAEwT3b.jpg

Yeah, interestingly it's still in Sony's name on the UK Intellectual Property Office as well. Doesn't list the trademark owner on the PSN store either, which is unusual. Maybe Sony kept the trademark but licensed it out so Annapurna could publish it, and that's why it's only coming out (as far as we know) on PS4 and PC.

I don't need Japan studio's JRPG, plenty of JRPG on the platform already, let Japan studio do weird stuff like they used to.

I hear you. So you want Knack 3 to go into development, right?

Title Fight was always the better name.

Shoulda called it "The Harder They Fall".

Elfstruck

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

EDIT: Just checked, and Let It Die does actually take place in Japan.

But he did say "New Sega Action/Adventure IP" in this post.

What's funny in that list is that he mentioned Marvel action/adventure game. Is it Spiderman? lol

What's funny in that list is that he mentioned Marvel action/adventure game. Is it Spiderman? lol
Could've been Lego Marvel's Avengers for all we know.

That's the benefit of circumlocution, and that was his shtick (until he went batshit bonkers and swiftly destroyed his already thin credibility).

The only insiders who have consistently delivered specific, timely scuttlebutt are shinobi (RIP), Demonite (RIP), crazybuttocks (RIP), BruceLeeRoy, and ntkrnl (though the last one was arguably just a plant). Verendus was just put on a pedestal because he whet Sony fans' appetites at a time when the PS4 lineup (especially on the Japanese side) looked more barren than my ovaries.

Kiske

To me this reads as mb it won't be a playstation classic but multiplatform

This is a screenshot of Bluepoint Games "employment opportunities" page from February 2016, courtesy of the Wayback Machine.

A Sony classic is mentioned there and I don't remember any Sony classic released since then, unless I'm missing something?

Could've been Lego Marvel's Avengers for all we know.

That's the benefit of circumlocution, and that was his shtick (until he went batshit bonkers and swiftly destroyed his already thin credibility).

The only insiders who have consistently delivered specific, timely scuttlebutt are shinobi (RIP), Demonite (RIP), crazybuttocks (RIP), BruceLeeRoy, and ntkrnl (though the last one was arguably just a plant). Verendus was just put on a pedestal because he whet Sony fans' appetites at a time when the PS4 lineup (especially on the Japanese side) looked more barren than my ovaries.

Matt knows a lot of stuff too (Darkwing Duck avatar), but I don't think he tends to hint at or talk about rumours all that much.

I also agree ntknl was a plant designed to create goodwill for MS first-party games. Apparently he popped back up in a topic fairly recently.

This is a screenshot of Bluepoint Games "employment opportunities" page from February 2016, courtesy of the Wayback Machine.

A Sony classic is mentioned there and I don't remember any Sony classic released since then, unless I'm missing something?

To be fair, they had just released Gravity Rush Remastered the month before, so it could have been a hangover from that?

Thorrgal

It's gotta be Shenmue.

Yeah, probably. I had the original with Dreamcast and found it boring so I'm not sure people will enjoy it though.

You got all that from an emoji? Me thinks you're reading way too much into it.

Though having said that, my guess is Mass Effect Trilogy.

An emoji is worth more than a thousand words :p

Mass effect Trilogy I would buy for sure, having never played any of them. Hope you're right!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/27bmkf/sonys_e3_showings/

I want to call attention back to this guy. He knew about FF7, Last Guardian, and Shenmue 3 before E3 2015. He also mentions a space Naughty Dog game and some other stuff. This guy got legit intel.

I would be so excited if Naughty Dog did a sci-fi adventure game - that makes me think of Mass Effect but with better gameplay and hopefully some platforming, which is a bit of a dream for me. That's my favourite in the series, and I was saddened when ME2 moved more towards a mainline action game and away from the adventure/discovery aspect.

Apparently Sucker Punch might be working on a sci-fi game too, if I'm not misremembering recent rumours. That would be awesome.

I would be so excited if Naughty Dog did a sci-fi adventure game - that makes me think of Mass Effect but with better gameplay and hopefully some platforming, which is a bit of a dream for me. That's my favourite in the series, and I was saddened when ME2 moved more towards a mainline action game and away from the adventure/discovery aspect.

Apparently Sucker Punch might be working on a sci-fi game too, if I'm not misremembering recent rumours. That would be awesome.

Agreed. You can never have too much sci-fi. I'd love to see sci-fi games from Naughty Dog and From Software.

I want to call attention back to this guy. He knew about FF7, Last Guardian, and Shenmue 3 before E3 2015. He also mentions a space Naughty Dog game and some other stuff. This guy got legit intel.

Wish the list wasn't removed.

Love the comments, though.

"Why would they have an unnamed game less than a week away from the announcement? So... Bullshit. Oh and The Last of Us having a sequel? Even more bullshit."

"You know how I know this is BS... Crash Bandicoot.
Pretty fun list you have come up with though. Open world zombie biker game is hilarious"

FelipeMGM

I dont know about he talking about FF7 and Shenmue 3 (and tbh I dont think he did), but he talked about TLG, Days Gone (Dead Dont Ride at the time), TLoU 2 (which he said we would play as an older Ellie I think) and he also mentioned Crash coming back. All of this in 2014

He indeed seems to know stuff, I keep an eye on his profile from time to time but I didnt see him posting anything like that ever again

jmaine_ph

Wish the list wasn't removed.

Love the comments, though.

"Why would they have an unnamed game less than a week away from the announcement? So... Bullshit. Oh and The Last of Us having a sequel? Even more bullshit."

"You know how I know this is BS... Crash Bandicoot.
Pretty fun list you have come up with though. Open world zombie biker game is hilarious"

Does anyone have that list?

FelipeMGM

Does anyone have that list?

We made one based on the comments in another thread, lemme find

EDIT: Found it. Remember that his post is from 2014

So, by the comments this guy listed

TLG
Dead Dont Ride
Crash
New God Of War
TLoU Sequel
''A ND unnamed space project''

And looks like he mentioned two more games but no hints on the comments

Also, this post is really funny now in hindsight lol

So now you guys tell me, Bend is making Dead Dont Ride, so who the hell is developing DAYS GONE?
CgVxUWvW8AUsdfm.jpg

Lemondish

I would kill for a Savage Starlight game.

We made one based on the comments in another thread, lemme find

EDIT: Found it. Remember that his post is from 2014

Also, this post is really funny now in hindsight lol

How the hell would ND have had the capacity to manage a space game new IP in 2014 when Druckmann was obviously working on the early stages of TLoU2 and Hennig would have been making UC4 (before it all fell apart)? Unless they have/had a third pre-production team...

PS All Stars sold like shit, second part not going to happen.

Didn't it sell a million copies? Would be interesting to know if that was enough to break even. Although given the choice I'd prefer a kart racer with Sony characters as opposed to another fighter.

Peter Dalton from Bluepoint has changed his profile description in the past day or so. Went from saying a game that would, "please the masses", to this:

"Another amazing UNANNOUNCED project to please those speculating about product announcements."

Dude is reading this thread?

BigEmil

EDIT: Just checked, and Let It Die does actually take place in Japan.

But he did say "New Sega Action/Adventure IP" in this post.
UC4 was delayed alot though it was meant to release like an year before so they likely started within that time

Peter Dalton from Bluepoint has changed his profile description in the past day or so. Went from saying a game that would, "please the masses", to this:

"Another amazing UNANNOUNCED project to please those speculating about product announcements."

Lol

Thorrgal

Lol amazing!!

Hi Peter!!

Turkoop

Banned

LOL what :D Amazing xD

That means everything we have said so far might be what they are remastering. Please us more Peter!!

Edit: To be honest, I wouldn't mind if Bluepoint made Freedom Wars Remastered for PS4. Would make me a happy camper.

DKHF

That's awesome haha. He reads it or might have saw one of the articles spawned by this thread's discussion of it/was informed by someone who saw them.

Skeeter49

Death Stranding and Farpoint trademarks were both the day of the conference.
Wonder if we can expect the same thing this year.

Freedom Wars sounded like a cool game, I'd take that.

Papacheeks

Banned

Good.....Good.....

4e980c23fde27e6b9e22f2f5bfd5e70613f4038e6898694f2fba9db240bf602f.jpg

Dabi

Give me a rebooted Heavenly Sword. I think the first was an example of a good game being released at the wrong time.

Female protagonist, hack and slash gameplay... it only makes sense.

You got a franchise just waiting to fly

yurinka

Demon's Souls confirmed! xDDDD

l2YWCPLrCIaNc9QT6.gif

I don't much care if its universally ridiculed. I enjoyed it for what it was, the finishing of a heel turn that didn't seem out left field at all for me. He was making shitty decisions the entire game when I played it as I stuck mostly on the evil side and he basically deserved what he got but the reaction from him was the best part. He thought he was going to get acceptance for everything he did because he stopped the even worse guys and instead was rejected for it and reacted like he had the rest of the evil story line, brutal and without thinking.

I wasn't trying to say you should care, or change your opinion.

You can read whatever you want into it, but I can't see it personally.

Elfstruck

While BB's thread was great, nothing came close to Sony E3 2015 thread. From the moment TLG was re-revealed to Shenmue 3 announcement, it was magical.

Top Bottom