• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Too many manga to catch up on...

Asahinagu 1-3

Caught my attention because of...bannable reasons...but it's nice to see that we might get more of it.

Basically this nerdy girl wants to make a wonderful high school debut and change things up a bit but she's kind of a doormat so when a pervert sits too close to her on the train and she doesn't do anything another girl comes along and kicks him in the face. This face-kicker happens to be in the naginata club at her new high school and after the president stumbles over her words and the face-kicker makes all the students who admitted to laughing at her come to the club that afternoon (which includes our main doormat). Doormat listens to the president's puffed up words about how even someone who isn't athletic can become good at it and after hitting her in the shins a bunch she decides to join so that she can maybe be a strong woman.

Just a sorta laid back girls club type series. Gives off the same kind of feeling as the lacrosse manga I love so I'm down for more of this. Lots of body types, girls aren't jokes for not being pretty, shit like that. Just a very nice feeling.

Now to read all the manga I missed this week like Berserk and literally everything else HA HA HA HA

Lexxism

Hatsukoi Zombie 67-68

So, Tarou's great-grandfather has love zombie too and he never married his first love. Does it mean Ebino has a chance?!!

Gantz

What the fuck am I reading.

Just turn your brain off and enjoy the spectacle.

You read Gantz because sometimes you just really need to read something bad.

Also I was a teenager and one of the characters was basically naked Lara Croft.

I remember people being *pissed*
that she didn't return or whatever
iirc.

For me it seemed interesting in the beginning especially
when the MC was getting more skilled
but then it just got fucking weirder and weirder.

Crying Freeman.

This is real good. Got the first three volumes of the Dark Horse edition. Seems like it's pretty rare nowadays, wasn't cheap. Finished Vol. 1, on to Vol. 2 now and it's a fun read. Artwork by Ryoichi Ikegami is fantastic.

Inuyashiki

Another really good manga so far, on to Volume 2 now. The artist is very good, never could get into Gantz properly
(especially after the cast is so changeable, so I can't really get into the characters or the nonsensical story)
but enjoying this much more.

Vinland Saga

After hearing people talking highly of it in the Berserk topics and keeping an eye on it for so many years, finally thought it's time to get it. Just read a bit of Volume 1 so far but it seems decent so far. Will probably read this after finishing Crying Freeman.

Prison School 247

Dic
Kiyoshi is the worst.
How are you going to pimp Gakuto out to Slut-senpail.

Last page was insane though.

Jintor

Too many manga to catch up on...

Asahinagu 1-3

Caught my attention because of...bannable reasons...but it's nice to see that we might get more of it.

Basically this nerdy girl wants to make a wonderful high school debut and change things up a bit but she's kind of a doormat so when a pervert sits too close to her on the train and she doesn't do anything another girl comes along and kicks him in the face. This face-kicker happens to be in the naginata club at her new high school and after the president stumbles over her words and the face-kicker makes all the students who admitted to laughing at her come to the club that afternoon (which includes our main doormat). Doormat listens to the president's puffed up words about how even someone who isn't athletic can become good at it and after hitting her in the shins a bunch she decides to join so that she can maybe be a strong woman.

Just a sorta laid back girls club type series. Gives off the same kind of feeling as the lacrosse manga I love so I'm down for more of this. Lots of body types, girls aren't jokes for not being pretty, shit like that. Just a very nice feeling.

Now to read all the manga I missed this week like Berserk and literally everything else HA HA HA HA

Sounds good to me

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Vinland Saga ch. 137

More Thorkell being Thorkell is always welcome, but damn this chapter was short.

spiritfox

Kaguya 58

lwdst7d.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What the fuck, that happened?

Oooh yeah, it was one of the many many many stupid aspects of Gantz
And apparently he killed liked hundreds of people. By himself.

Apparently his current manga about old man Terminator is better? I haven't read it.

Apparently his current manga about old man Terminator is better? I haven't read it.

It's decent. It's still by the dude who did Gantz so he sure likes throwing in dumb stuff but it's surprisingly good when it focuses on the old man and his relationship with his family. The latest chapters have, no lie, had some pretty heartfelt emotional moments.

It's just he spent too long on the antagonist and his arc so people got real bored real fast.

It's great if you want to see what it would be like if a bunch of 2channers got murdered super hard

I'm not above saying I found that chapter incredibly cathartic and got a distinct sense of satisfaction from it.

Kieli

Inuyashiki is very good. Main character is an elderly man and far-cry from Phase I Kurono in terms of temperament and character.

gintama 627

lol, I forgot all about pandemonium-san

Mousou Telepathy 224 - 232

He was close. Maybe one day Hayato will actually say how he feels. Though I guess its not like Nanako doesn't already know.

tomo 531 - 534

Tomo with the serious face, looking to crack some skulls.

Tokyo Ghoul re: Ch118:So well, that happened. Ui you done F**k'd it up!

Promised Neverland Ch32: So... that happened. I guess
Ray went out with a bang?

Ippo 1173 (lol)

They need to hurry up and
kill off Kamogawa
so Ippo can step it up to the next level or just have him lose and retire, sheesh.

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 528

Airship is OP.

Denpa Kyoushi 143

The gore is really, really weird and excessive.
Although I get the horror video game references, but it would probably play better with the usual lightheartedness of the series. The whole arc is way too dramatic and personal.

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 528

that's was,,,small chapter?
but oh god it was super good
holy shit,i can't wait to see that fight animated.

also,Anna?

Top Bottom