• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

iosefe

I know he's probably just messing around, but...

egYWTl6.jpg

didn't he say that if it reached this far he'd get the good facial hair?

Sanjay

Pretty meh season for me.
I'm sure I'll end up watching the start of next seasons, but Arrow, Supergirl, and Flash are really close to getting cut from my watchlist. I'll definitely stick with Gotham, Legends, and Shield though.

I stopped watching Arrow at season 4 episode 9 because it was so bad I couldn't take any more. I kept hearing arrow season 5 is good now from the other cw threads so I decided to catch up.

Finishing season 4 was like a God awful experience. But I did it to get to Season 5.

I finished season 5 today and the finale was hype as fuck, seeing the 3 spartacus actors alone made me smile, in general the season overall was really good, sure figuring out who prometheus was very easy but I don't believe the reveal is what made him a good villain anyways. I loved his theme music and the way they used it. I would say, the best season of Arrow out of all 5 season.

But I'm worried about next season when they get back to the city life that Oliver will go back to not killing bad guys. The show went to shit when he went with that path last time. The shows only ever been good when he kills. I don't want to go back to seeing people with guns running up to each other for a fisticuff.

But I'm worried about next season when they get back to the city life that Oliver will go back to not killing bad guys. The show went to shit when he went with that path last time. The shows only ever been good when he kills. I don't want to go back to seeing people with guns running up to each other for a fisticuff.

Season 2 was the best season before this one, and that was the season where he started his no kill rule (with a couple exceptions). He only killed two people that season- The Count and Cyrus Gold. We know the series can be good when Oliver doesn't kill. They've done it before. That's not what was wrong with seasons 3 and 4.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Prometheus/Vigilante was a great switcheroo.

It was like if the Zoom twist was executed properly, logically worked and hadn't stepped on a beloved character.

Sanjay

To be fair to us, we all expected Chase to be Vigilante.

Really? I guess I would have gone with that but after Sebastian Blood and Alchemy in Flash another CW show, its a trend TV shows do and you look for the formula.

1. New characters in show
2. Villain who hides identity

From then on you look at all the new characters introduced that season and its going to be one of them, you narrow it down by most screen time, this is the show runners developing the character on screen for the viewer, to give the reveal an impact.

So at this point its clearly Chase that sticks out.

You rule out him being Vigilante, Chase being him would lead Prometheus reveal to have zero impact to the viewers. Chase was the only viable option.

But they used a lot of red herrings. The attack on him at the factory where he had to be saved by team Arrow, him getting shot by a mad gun man, him having a wife, they sure tried.

Season 2 was the best season before this one, and that was the season where he started his no kill rule (with a couple exceptions). He only killed two people that season- The Count and Cyrus Gold. We know the series can be good when Oliver doesn't kill. They've done it before. That's not what was wrong with seasons 3 and 4.

Oh yeah he started that no kill rule with deathstroke, he killed for his ex girlfriend (damien darhk) but not for his mother (deathstroke), he really is a monsters!

But I do look forward to seeing how they deal with it in season 6.

Also season 5 or 1 is the best season, then season 2. Not worth putting season 3 and 4 in a order list.

The Prometheus/Vigilante was a great switcheroo.

It was like if the Zoom twist was executed properly, logically worked and hadn't stepped on a beloved character.

Oddly enough the Flash reveal for Zoom and Savitar I never saw coming, well I got Zoom but by then everyone should have. I got Alchemy though!

ZeroX03

Banned
Really? I guess I would have gone with that but after Sebastian Blood and Alchemy in Flash another CW show, its a trend TV shows do and you look for the formula.

1. New characters in show
2. Villain who hides identity

From then on you look at all the new characters introduced that season and its going to be one of them, you narrow it down by most screen time, this is the show runners developing the character on screen for the viewer, to give the reveal an impact.

So at this point its clearly Chase that sticks out.

You rule out him being Vigilante, Chase being him would lead Prometheus reveal to have zero impact to the viewers. Chase was the only viable option.

But they used a lot of red herrings. The attack on him at the factory where he had to be saved by team Arrow, him getting shot by a mad gun man, him having a wife, they sure tried.

The reason everybody thought Adrian was Vigilante is because in the comics Adrian is Vigilante. That's why comic fans were thrown. Yes the Prometheus identity is easy to figure out if you don't know that information and follow the formula, but when every website is reporting casting "JOSH SEGARRA CAST AS ADRIAN CHASE, DC'S VIGILANTE", it's easy to throw people.

Oddly enough the Flash reveal for Zoom and Savitar I never saw coming, well I got Zoom but by then everyone should have. I got Alchemy though!

Alchemy was never really a secret, as he also used Doctor Alchemy's name.

Joni

We didn't rule him out because they explicitly told us he was Vigilante, and his actions kinda make sense in that context. District Attorney going nuts when catching criminals, isn't something new either. Both Black Canary and Two Face fit this mold kinda.

Sanjay

The reason everybody thought Adrian was Vigilante is because in the comics Adrian is Vigilante. That's why comic fans were thrown. Yes the Prometheus identity is easy to figure out if you don't know that information and follow the formula, but when every website is reporting casting "JOSH SEGARRA CAST AS ADRIAN CHASE, DC'S VIGILANTE", it's easy to throw people.

Alchemy was never really a secret, he had the same as Doctor Alchemy.

I pretty much marathoned like 35 episodes in 2 weeks for Arrow and I have no idea about anything comic book related to Arrow and The Flash and I don't follow news for the shows too. Everything is new to me so I have no idea what's what. But wow you guys must have really been shocked then, lol.

I thought Vigilante was a throw away character, a punisher copy or something, a filler character to void the time. Knowing this now means he's coming back next season isn't he.

I pretty much marathoned like 35 episodes in 2 weeks for Arrow and I have no idea about anything comic book related to Arrow and The Flash and I don't follow news for the shows too. Everything is new to me so I have no idea what's what. But wow you guys must have really been shocked then, lol.

I thought Vigilante was a throw away character, a punisher copy or something, a filler character to void the time. Knowing this now means he's coming back next season isn't he.

Yes, they saved him(or her) for next season.

carlsojo

S6E1 predictions:

Through bullshit time travel, Future Oliver returns to Lian Yu. He saves Malcolm (and probably Boomerang) from the mine the same way he saved Felicity in S2E1, though maybe not as shirtless this time. He probably lets Artemis out of her cage ("I told you I'd come back for you...") and inspires Black Siren to join them. They fix the plane, and fly everyone safely away from Lian Yu.

Meanwhile, on the boat, Prometheus is about to kill himself when he sees the plane fly away. He points the gun at Oliver and William instead, fires, and we have a cliffhanger for S6E2!

firelogic

Just watched the finale... Well, that was the most boring cliffhanger ever since we know they all live, right? Right? :)

Yeah, even without time travel shenanigans they're all going to survive. They couldn't make it to the Argus ship on the other side of the island but they probably did have enough time to hunker down in the Argus prison bunker where Slade was being held. It'd be pretty cool if some of them did die though. Curtis, Renee, Dinah, and Lance are all expendable.

And yay! No more flashbacks!

Yeah, even without time travel shenanigans they're all going to survive. They couldn't make it to the Argus ship on the other side of the island but they probably did have enough time to hunker down in the Argus prison bunker where Slade was being held. It'd be pretty cool if some of them did die though. Curtis, Renee, Dinah, and Lance are all expendable.

And yay! No more flashbacks!

Prediction: Nobody dies, but the bunker doesn't stay entirely intact. The group gets seperated, and characters are put into groups to try and escape, taking the whole pilot to save everyone. Thea and Slade have to work together, and maybe Thea learns to liken her experience with the Lazarus Pit bloodless to Slade ' s experience with Mirakuru.

Prediction: Nobody dies, but the bunker doesn't stay entirely intact. The group gets seperated, and characters are put into groups to try and escape, taking the whole pilot to save everyone. Thea and Slade have to work together, and maybe Thea learns to liken her experience with the Lazarus Pit bloodless to Slade ' s experience with Mirakuru.
Or what if the next season just starts in Star City, and everyone's there, physically fine but suffering from PTSD, and maybe one or two people aren't around? Then they replace the old island flashbacks with flashbacks to the island, except with the team doing whatever it is they did to escape.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Or what if the next season just starts in Star City, and everyone's there, physically fine but suffering from PTSD, and maybe one or two people aren't around? Then they replace the old island flashbacks with flashbacks to the island, except with the team doing whatever it is they did to escape.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get something like this. Have The Flash or Arrow ever had a season that picked up directly after the previous season, without a time skip at some point? I wanna say maybe Flash Season 1 -> Season 2, but I think they resolve the cliffhanger in the first few minutes and then it jumps ahead over the summer.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished the finale, great season overall after some stinkers.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I guess they are cute?

I think someone around here explained it as an affordable way to collect items for whatever fandom you're into. Zero fucking interest in having them in my house, but I kinda "get it" when it's put like that...kinda.

EDIT: Also, where is the DC Summer Thread? Or do we just talk shit about The Flash in here? KIDDING!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I have way too many of them... All Batman/Joker/Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters. I just like them cause of all the different costumes and looks a character can have and they're cheap enough to buy a lot of and they stack if you leave them in the box. But, I'm a collector and I buy a ton of useless shit that I know I don't need, so oh well.

Chase for being 50 plans ahead this wasn't that well thought out. Should have a second switch to blow up the island then see if Oliver would kill you and show his true self, if you are still even into that or whatever.

Really enjoyed the season, probably because Flash was so bad.

I think someone around here explained it as an affordable way to collect items for whatever fandom you're into. Zero fucking interest in having them in my house, but I kinda "get it" when it's put like that...kinda.

EDIT: Also, where is the DC Summer Thread? Or do we just talk shit about The Flash in here? KIDDING!

I think it's usually a two week wait? Or was it a month?

carlsojo

Season 5 is up on netflix! So you can now binge all of the current seasons of DC-CW... including the greatest season of Arrow ever.

Also Manu is still pushing hard on Twitter for a Deathstroke spinoff series!

Grizzlyjin

Season 5 is up on netflix! So you can now binge all of the current seasons of DC-CW... including the greatest season of Arrow ever.

Also Manu is still pushing hard on Twitter for a Deathstroke spinoff series!

I could see it working if they gave him a meaty supporting cast. Mercenary work w/ maybe another field agent and the obligatory tech nerd. Or if they went the Task Force X route and made him Deathstroke: Agent of ARGUS.

Grizzlyjin

She also was the amazing Anna Stern on The OC.

Oh yeah! That's where I remember her from. Be nice to see more of her on Arr--oh, nevermind 🙊

Top Bottom