• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Sciel

Oscar is actually a pretty good pull. His default kit is solid out of the box; decent offensive stats, TA against reds and Lance Breaker against lances. In terms of SI fodder, he has 300SP assist skill and 240SP C skill for arena score boosting.

He's uninspiring (as in not bring much new to the table) sure, but that doesn't mean he's a bad pull. He certainly is better than Seliph.
Yeah he's OK...the problem is i really want neph...but i pulled 3 oscars, 1 abel and 1 roderick. The latter two are good fodder...but wtb waifus pls.

Yeah he's OK...the problem is i really want neph...but i pulled 3 oscars, 1 abel and 1 roderick. The latter two are good fodder...but wtb waifus pls.

Oscar is also great fodder. A dual rally, Lancebreaker 3, and a dual spur is nothing to scoff at. Helps that Oscar himself is a solid unit.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I also pulled 3 Oscars and no Nephenee :|

Fed one Oscar to Olivia. Will keep one, undecided who to feed the 3rd one to.

Sciel

These are my flier emblem members, mostly done except sp farming for 1-2 skills. I can build. +atk cherche but damn @ that 40k feather investment. Also wtb hinoka.
R6E6zpB.jpg

Oscar is also great fodder. A dual rally, Lancebreaker 3, and a dual spur is nothing to scoff at. Helps that Oscar himself is a solid unit.
I guess its best to look for silver linings in such situations ;-;

Roman

These are my flier emblem members, mostly done except sp farming for 1-2 skills. I can build. +atk cherche but damn @ that 40k feather investment. Also wtb hinoka.

I guess its best to look for silver linings in such situations ;-;

Impressive fliers. I'd recommend Hit and Run over Desperation for arena though.

Oscar is a great unit in his own right, if you compare him to Roderick it is almost a strict improvement, except that Roderick comes with the best weapon for himself.

In other news, we have published our tier list update and the reception is a lot more positive than last time. The "F2P" list is particularly appreciated.

Roman

What about Flier Formation for her B skill?

It's a neat new tool but not really necessary. The players I know who use fliers the most still prefer Hit and Run over it for the post-combat safety, especially on an offense oriented unit like Elincia.

Plot reasons. We just now made nice with him in the story. We'll probably not get him until they actually join forces against the real big bad. Same for Veronica.
This story chapter seemed like the perfect time to have him join though. The secret has been revealed. The whole "I might kill Alfonse & Sharena" stuff is a bonus IMO.

I'm fine with no Veronica for the extended future.

Wiseblade

This story chapter seemed like the perfect time to have him join though. The secret has been revealed. The whole "I might kill Alphonse & Sharena" stuff is a bonus IMO.

Nah, got to find the cure for his CURSED BLOOD first. I'm betting it'll take another 12 months before Alfonse pats Veronica on the head and she joins the party.

Roman

This story chapter seemed like the perfect time to have him join though. The secret has been revealed. The whole "I might kill Alphonse & Sharena" stuff is a bonus IMO.

I sure hope you appreciate how highly we placed Frederick on the new tier list!

Sölf

Nah, got to find the cure for his CURSED BLOOD first. I'm betting it'll take another 12 months before Alfonse pats Veronica on the head and she joins the party.

If this continues it may take 12 months for her to actually appear as an enemy in a map.

But I would really like a few more story units, be they playable or not. A bigger cast for the plot would be nice.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Finally beat Chain Challenge 11&12 part 3 on lunatic

Holy shit was that hard. I had to restart like twenty times just to master a deathless run of the first 8 maps

Is there a write up for why everyone rates him highly? I've used him in a second horse team for Arena Assault and he is good, but that speed and resistance is a killer. Same thing for Cherche. They seem like liabilities on enemy phase.

NSESN

Is there a write up for why everyone rates him highly? I've used him in a second horse team for Arena Assault and he is good, but that speed and resistance is a killer. Same thing for Cherche. They seem like liabilities on enemy phase.

Some units doesn't need good enemy phase to be good. Rein and brave bow users come to mind.

Divvy

You can give them draw back or hit and run, add in some repositions to your team and you hardly have to worry about enemy phase for them.

Cherche in particular can even abuse her free movement to draw back to unattackable positions

NSESN

True true, those units have the advantage of striking from range. Melee units have to get in closer causing them to be in more danger.

Well it isn't very problematic with dancers and reposition everywhere. In the end of the day you need to reposition both, at least melee units are less likely to die in the enemy phase.
You can give them draw back or hit and run, add in some repositions to your team and you hardly have to worry about enemy phase for them.

This too.

Obviously the Dark God™ is the inevitable big boss, but I'm okay with Veronica being his avatar for awhile. She needs other people to interact with though, and Bruno needs to join the heroes and shake things up.

The dynamic of Alfonse/Sharena/Anna is already stale.

I'd use him regardless of his perceived worth, but I'm glad more people are understanding what he has to offer.
He'll always be S+ in my heart.

Sölf;249106876 said:
If this continues it may take 12 months for her to actually appear as an enemy in a map.

But I would really like a few more story units, be they playable or not. A bigger cast for the plot would be nice.
More original characters are very sorely needed.

Cherche in particular can even abuse her free movement to draw back to unattackable positions

Well it isn't very problematic with dancers and reposition everywhere. In the end of the day you need to reposition both, at least melee units are less likely to die in the enemy phase.

This too.

Cool. Ever since the beginning of this game I favored enemy phase slightly more and that can color my impression of some units.

I think I just assume every map is going to be against Reinhard, Lyn, Cecilia and Xander on the boats. Because half the time it is.

Scum

Do you guys think that IntSys will ever do anything about the Colourless Dagger users? I'd love to have a low Atk, high Speed "Dark Breath" debuff style unit...

Roman

If you scroll down on this list you can see "Detailed Ratings" that explain our placement of every unit.

In this update, we valued cavalry a bit higher because they have the range to deal with Brave Lyn more easily than infantry can. Frederick in particular is notable for his high Atk stat in a good offensive color.
Him and Cherche are both outstanding player phase units.

Divvy

Do you guys think that IntSys will ever do anything about the Colourless Dagger users? I'd love to have a low Atk, high Speed "Dark Breath" debuff style unit...

They said they were going to do something to make obsolete characters more relevant so hopefully dagger users can get some love. I still remember when Kagero was the god of the arena in the early days before horse emblem took over.

I have a suspicion that this is what the coins from Arena Assault are going to be for.

Nohar

So, now that this game has been released a while ago, how does it hold up? I want something to keep me occupied while in transports (including subway with no internet connection): will it do the trick? I'm trying to avoid gacha games (really hate gacha), but I'm OK with them as long as it is free-to-play enough to not necessitate buying anything (never spent money on such games, and I don't plan to do so now or later).

So, is it fun? I think the game was so-so at release. Did it improve significantly?

PBalfredo

Is Cecilia worth the feathers to upgrade her to 5 star? Having a green tome user would fill in a hole in my 5 star roster. I liked having Olwen as my horseback mage, but she fails to do any damage against anyone with decent Res. I like that M!Robin can bait and destroy colorless units, so I like the idea of a green version of him on horseback. Is she able to come together despite her unimpressive stat spread? Her low speed worries me, and I wonder how well she can tank colorless hits with that Def.

PK Gaming

Veronica needs to join so we can have our inevitable hotsprings chapter where Alfonse and Bruno peep on their respective sisters + Anna.

Alfonse: Why did we do this, there was absolutely 0 benefit to doing this!
Bruno: It was almost as if we were compelled by a higher power, with the express purpose of pandering to a specific, intangible audience.
Summoner: [...]

Golnei

So, now that this game has been released a while ago, how does it hold up? I want something to keep me occupied while in transports (including subway with no internet connection): will it do the trick? I'm trying to avoid gacha games (really hate gacha), but I'm OK with them as long as it is free-to-play enough to not necessitate buying anything (never spent money on such games, and I don't plan to do so now or later).

So, is it fun? I think the game was so-so at release. Did it improve significantly?

It's relatively F2P-friendly, I haven't felt any pressure to buy orbs, at least; and several of the free characters (the free CYL units, Masked Marth, Xander and seemingly the Black Knight; as well as to an extent Olivia, Michalis, Camus and Cecilia) have been generally useful.

The game has improved a fair bit from early on due to the additional breadth in builds allowed by skill inheritance and to a lesser extent seals, and game modes which use several teams of characters force you to build a larger collection of units, which is more engaging than the base game's focus on single teams.

However, it does require a near-constant internet connection between maps.

Veronica needs to join so we can have our inevitable hotsprings chapter where Alfonse and Bruno peep on their respective sisters + Anna.

Bruno: It was almost as if we were compelled by a higher power, with the express purpose of pandering to a specific, intangible audience.

Maybe a sibling bathing event?

"Onii-chan, let's take a bath together like we used to~!"
"Very well, Maria. These waters are almost as soothing as your delicate smile..."

Firemind

Is Cecilia worth the feathers to upgrade her to 5 star? Having a green tome user would fill in a hole in my 5 star roster. I liked having Olwen as my horseback mage, but she fails to do any damage against anyone with decent Res. I like that M!Robin can bait and destroy colorless units, so I like the idea of a green version of him on horseback. Is she able to come together despite her unimpressive stat spread? Her low speed worries me, and I wonder how well she can tank colorless hits with that Def.
She can OHKO basically anyone, including Hector and BIke which blue horses have trouble with (Leo sucks.) People will say 4* with non-upgraded Gronnblade is sufficient, but if you intend to play FEH for a long time, you'll hit a wall some day when you have a 4*+10 Cecilia and wish you had a 5*.

Personally I intend to go all the way to *5+10 since she makes infernal maps so much easier, but YMMV.

NSESN

Then Anna discovers and blackmail them for high profit. Alphonse will be so poor that he would need to sell even his trusty bench.

They've added a lot of modes and have rotating events that keep things fresh. AA has really given it a shot in the arm for long time players as it requires you to use and think about a much deeper roster than just using a core group of 3 units and whatever bonus unit is active.

I still get a kick out of adding new units to my roster and training them as well.

Draxal

Impressive fliers. I'd recommend Hit and Run over Desperation for arena though.

Oscar is a great unit in his own right, if you compare him to Roderick it is almost a strict improvement, except that Roderick comes with the best weapon for himself.

In other news, we have published our tier list update and the reception is a lot more positive than last time. The "F2P" list is particularly appreciated.

What is the reasoning with Elincia not being S plus?.

Roman

What is the reasoning with Elincia not being S plus?.

Brave Ike exists and is one of the primary Axe units used on defense teams. He utterly breaks Brave weapon users and Swords are the most affected because it is their role to take on Greens.

Compared to Tana and Cordelia, their best builds are actually carrying Firesweep Lance to render enemy sets almost irrelevant - no Firesweep Sword exists.

If her main build (Amiti) wasn't hard countered by a prevalent Axe unit and/or a Firesweep Sword existed she would have been S+ without a shadow of doubt.

Brave Ike exists and is one of the primary Axe units used on defense teams. He utterly breaks Brave weapon users and Swords are the most affected because it is their role to take on Greens.

Compared to Tana and Cordelia, their best builds are actually carrying Firesweep Lance to render enemy sets almost irrelevant - no Firesweep Sword exists.

If her main build (Amiti) wasn't hard countered by a prevalent Axe unit and/or a Firesweep Sword existed she would have been S+ without a shadow of doubt.

A 3 CD special will proc on BIke after his counter meaning it will hit for full damage and kill him. No? I've one round KO'd him with my -Atk Elincia. Its when BIke is on a defensive tile that changes the ball game but you could say that for any high def character. Also wouldn't a Wo Dao+moonbow build take down BIke?

Roman

Isn't Oscar better than Nephenee? Why people are so sad of pulling him?

Yes, he is a lot better. In fact he powercreeps Roderick.

A 3 CD special will proc on BIke after his counter meaning it will hit for full damage and kill him. No? I've one round KO'd him with my -Atk Elincia. Its when BIke is on a defensive tile that changes the ball game but you could say that for any high def character. Also wouldn't a Wo Dao+moonbow build take down BIke?

Running +Atk Death Blow 3, Elincia has trouble quading +Spd Brave Ike and even if you do this with buffs, the Ignis build obliterates her, he doesn't even need QP to do that, it deals approximately 50 damage to her - no defensive terrain needed.

Wo Dao is safer but can still die against the QP Ignis build and isn't an S+ tier build regardless.

Yes, he is a lot better. In fact he powercreeps Roderick.

Running +Atk Death Blow 3, Elincia has trouble quading +Spd Brave Ike and even if you do this with buffs, the Ignis build obliterates her, he doesn't even need QP to do that, it deals approximately 50 damage to her - no defensive terrain needed.

Wo Dao is safer but can still die against the QP Ignis build and isn't an S+ tier build regardless.

I forgot to run the calculations with BIke running Ignis. The BIke I defeated in arena was running aether which she can survive and hit him with her special on the follow up. If he is running Ignis I guess the safer play is to let him attack into her, but that requires 2 rounds to KO.

BIke running QP Ignis is scary for a lot of units.

Top Bottom