• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best decision of YOUR life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

My best decision so far was to go to china. studying, meeting new people, breaking out of the usual world where i lived. it was awesome. among those people i even met a nice gaffer and my current girlfriend.

But what about u, what was your best decision?

marrec

Banned
Dropping out of college, life has been on an upward trajectory ever since and it's growing exponentially.

injurai

Banned
My best decision so far was to go to china. studying, meeting new people, breaking out of the usual world where i lived. it was awesome. among those people i even met a nice gaffer and my current girlfriend.

But what about u, what was your best decision?

Oh wow, I was considering studying in China next summer. Still haven't decided whether to go or not. How much mandarin did you know before going?

That would be last summer when I decided to go to a public university instead of a private university, and my decision to focus more on improving myself with goals. Life has been grand since then, and it will only get better from here.

Fou-Lu

So far going to university after I dropped out of school in the eighth grade. Soon I have to make a decision on which university to transfer to, to complete my education, I'm hoping that will end up being the best decision, but we'll see.

DrFurbs

Mine? at 33-34 leave the rat race and enter full time education > access course > degree (1:1) then a funded Ph.D. which I have 2 years left.

Awesome!

Hyunkel6

Going to the gym. Broke out of my comfort zone, met new people, got a new hobby, and perhaps more importantly, I feel great.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Not marrying a Go-Go Dancer.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So far moving to a different state and attending the University of Minnesota. There have been a handful of extremely valuable opportunities here that I doubt I would have had a shot at somewhere else.

My girlfriend asked me if i wanted to try and have a kid with her. I said yes and we now have a fantastic 4 year old boy. He is truelly awesome. Best thing that happened to me.

Also, i decided to save money for a powermac when i graduated from art school. From the moment i had it i started making money. Till this day i can make enough money with the thing i love doing most: making drawings, animations, illustrations, graphic design, etc.

Blablurn

Oh wow, I was considering studying in China next summer. Still haven't decided whether to go or not. How much mandarin did you know before going?

studied it for around 1.5 years in germany already. but that was shit compared to the normal languages classes i had in china. i could write a lot, but i couldnt speak. china changed that! GO FOR IT!

Deciding to date my roommate. She's been the most amazing thing in my life, and had we not started dating, I might have lost her to someone else.

LakeEarth

After lots of job hunting after my masters, I ended up with 2 choices for jobs. QA at a factory, or research at a University. I picked the University because I thought the job would be more interesting, even though I was going to get paid less.

2 months later, that factory laid off like 20% of its workforce. I would've been so new that there would be no question I would've been out of there.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Deciding to staff an anime convention.

-Made me fall in love with management
-Gave me experience to get into Graduate Business School
-Allowed me to network with lots of interesting people and companies

ReBurn

Gold Member
So far?

1. Proposing
2. Going back to college to change careers
3. Going back to college to change careers

usea

Going to university. I dropped out of high school and did nothing for 5 years. Now I'm awesome. I loved school, and I wish I could afford more.

Stop doing coke.

j/k I still do sometimes

But seriously, leaving my parents home and begin to earn money for living has been the hardest yet best decision I've ver made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom