• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best decision of YOUR life

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
Joining my campus television network as a producer and video editor was great. Made lots of friends and got to practise something I loved as a hobby. It upped my skills a good bit.

Might be taking a job at a game dev soon (interviewed, went very well I thought) but I'm not done school yet... It will either be a great idea or a terrible one. Haha. But I love learning so just because I'm not in school anymore won't mean that I'll give up learning new stuff.

A few weeks ago, I realized that I'm graduating HS this year and that I shouldn't give a fuck about anybody else but the people who make me happy. Ever since, I've been hanging out with my closest friends who I've been with for the last 6-7 years (some all 12) that I won't be seeing once we all leave for college. Ignoring people who frustrate me has made me so much happier with my life.

bengraven

Getting to know the dorky warlock college girl from Florida in my WoW guild. At first her bizarre Southern flirtations ("hun", "doll") were annoying, but things changed as I actually got to know her.

Going on six years together now, in fact.

Magik

So far... that would be taking my fitness and health more seriously. I've gotten more compliments and looks in the last 6 months than I have ever had in my life. Gotta love the ego boost.

On top of that, my energy level is through the roof. I out pace, out work and have more stamina than people that are 5 years younger than me.

Feels good.

I used to think joining The Navy 20 years ago was the worst decision I made. Then as I stuck with it, watched everyone else's pensions vanish, watched as medical costs continued to skyrocket, watched as education costs continued to skyrocket. Now I'm looking at a yearly income for doing nothing, over 100k in free tuition and housing, and affordable healthcare for life.

So that became my best decision.

I've been in the Air Force over 16 years now and I'm in the same boat as you just have to wait 4 more years. Getting out is kind of scary though. I hope I can find a job.

tak

Volunteering at a local science museum. I've had many wonderful experiences there that'll be with me to my last days and the people at it have turned into my second family.

This is a small one in the big scheme of things, but axing a friend I used to hangout with a lot from my life has proven to be a very good thing. It's only after I have stopped hanging out with her that I started seeing how self centered, greedy, and shallow she actually is!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Not shooting myself in the head with a .22 revolver when I was in an extreme state of depression a few years ago (I had the gun in my mouth and finger on the trigger). I've had so many good experiences with friends, family, girls, and life in general since then I can't believe I tried to throw it all away. Life still has its big downs, but it was so worth it for the ups.

Sylver

Banned
Make a total start 6 years ago. Earn a little money and create an a.e. agency and enter stock market as day trader.
Selling a lot of physical stuff (tons).

My best decision was going to Europe for seventy days by myself at the end of last year. This was as opposed to starting college around the same time. Taking six months off after high school is something EVERYONE should do.

Type422

Neo Member
My best decision was to quitting my old job as a writer for a videogame magazine and starting to study medicine.
I mean it was an okay time, met many good people I still care for. But the job itself was shitty. Working insane hours for something like videogames just didn't do it for me.

Mully

The best decision I made was to stop living for other people. Even though I kind of went back on that decision due to my mom's surgery, I have found out that I'm less stressed out about petty things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom