• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield: Hardline gameplay

Alchemist

I don't understand what people were expecting. With its problems, bf4 is still a visual/audio treat. I am definitely getting this. Cops and robbers in the Bf universe is an easy purchase for me.

These kind of posts are so patronizing. Nobody is expecting an entirely new experience.. Everything in that video screams copy and paste from Battlefield 4 with a few name changes and new coat of paint.

soultron

Banned
About the loading screen, perhaps it's possible that the matchmaking is done "underneath" the loading screen. If that's the case, it might've timed out looking for available sessions, at which point it'd go through the flow of creating and hosting a match.

Just something to consider, especially if this isn't final code or if it was an internal pitch, sometimes called a FPP/"first playable preview". Network programmers typically do a lot of testing with different set ups before launch to see how they can reduce MM wait time, all while trying to ensure the best connections (minimize lag, minimize disconnects) and best match ups (if there's a skill-based matching system) as well.

Barakov

Gold Member
Looks like it should been a $20 expansion. After the BF4 debacle, releasing this is at the very least insulting. I love me some Battlefield but I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach on this one.

Looks like a community mod, everything has slightly different skins but still looks the same as BF4 and the new models look amateurish. Hopefully something fixed by the time it actually comes out.

Y0j1mb0

So they reskinned bf4, slapped a slightly different name on it, and will be charging 60+ premium fee. No thanks.

Man, I was really hyped for this. Was thinking it would be a little like PAYDAY 2 with some BF4 elements. This is literally BF4 with a baton... wtf.

Xyber

An unofficial beta has long load times?

Loading the non-DLC maps in BF4 from a regular HDD also takes forever. I decided to put that game on my HDD instead of SSD when I reinstalled it a few weeks ago and I sit you not, the loading screen lasted for like 3-4 minutes.

And that's on a 7200RPM drive.

Kibbles

Looks like an expansion pack. As much as I love Battlefield I think I'm going to pass on this if it's a full priced game.

BeerSnob

Anyone else notice that you had to buy ingame weapons? I bet there will be DLC cash doublers. Riccitiello's dream is coming true without him.

Gator86

Doesn't look like it. Looks about on par with the Vietnam DLC for Bad Company 2.

Would be fantastic if that's what this wound up being. I'd toss EA 20 bucks for a DLC like that. Probably passing on this otherwise. It'll probably be broken till mid 2015 anyway.

Okay. This better be an update or something to Battlefield 4. Like an incentive.

This is practically looking like the same game, no wonder they didn't give it a different name lol. I hope it is like the Vietnam DLC.

MilesTeg

Banned
You want to beat CoD, you have to become CoD.

Annual releases.

Then EA is gonna have to get a third studio on BF cause Activision is upping the ante. Three years of dev time between games would do BF wonders. As in, the games might be playable day one.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I guess I'm a bit confused by the reactions.

We established that it looked exactly like BF4 with new modes, some new weapons/vehicles, and a police theme in the last leak (the 7 minute video).

What was there that made people think this doesn't look in line?

We established that it looked exactly like BF4 with new modes, some new weapons/vehicles, and a police theme in the last leak (the 7 minute video).

I don't know what people were expecting.

DTKT

More of a personal identity. It doesn't seem to be it's own game.

EmpReb

Banned
Welp Battlefield still will be played.... it will just be BF4 not hardline. This is like MOH all over again and it was a flash in the pan and everyone went back to BF3 right after that.

maneil99

Idk it even has the same style, the hud looks similar and some of the vehicles are literally BF4 vehicles with lights.

dcelw540

That's my thoughts 100%, we saw all the stuff its coming with but people think its an expansion :/

Heroman

Banned
This game is in a weird place. It is suppose to be their big multiplayer game but will get over shadow by bf4 and more importantly at e3 battlefront 3

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
More of a personal identity. It doesn't seem to be it's own game.
What do you feel should have looked more different, especially in the context of one guy running around on an empty server?

Is it the aesthetics? Were you hoping for a third person camera?

I guess I'm just curious what people wanted different from this in concrete terms.

Y0j1mb0

For me I guess the confirmation that it is just that and nothing more. Perhaps it was the preconceived notion, in my mind, that it would have a PAYDAY2 flavor to it as well. I'm a huge BF4 fan but after watching that, I felt really disappointed.

Top Bottom