• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield: Hardline gameplay

Zeth

And this is the reason EA do not allow modding.

edit: first post - woops. and I see this has already been covered.

I still think this looks like a re-skinned Battlefield 4, but that may just be my boredom of the series. With how BF4 turned out on PC, I think I'll wait for this one.

Yeah, looks pretty disappointing to be honest and if it has half the bugs BF4 did at launch it won't be worth buying off the bat, if at all.

Seems weird they claimed that leaked footage was from an old build, yet this looks worse than that. Dumbed down assets for the beta?

Cess007

Hmm, kinda hard to make something out of this when the video is just this guy alone in one map. I'll have to wait to see an actual battle/match in order to be hyped or not.

Relique

Yeah I have a problem with it as well. Especially if it's like BF4 and the helicopter (there are two, that scout helicopter and that bigger transport one) is basically a moving air spawn point. It's especially bad with Hardline which seems to be going for a more focused objective oriented approach as the games primary game mode, as opposed to the classic Battlefield spread out chaos of Conquest.

I think that with Hardline it's a good way to sort of dial the series back a bit, after BF3 and BF4. It looks like Hardline is gonna be a strange mix between the Bad Company series and BF3/BF4. It's gonna have that focus on infantry combat at close range with a focused objective mode as its primary game mode similar to how Rush was in BC2 (And let's be honest here, Conquest in BC2 fucking sucked, but then Rush in BF3 and BF4 sucked), while still have the options and variety offered by BF3 and BF4.

I think they just started doing vehicles wrong in BF3 and BF4, and it only happened because of their decision to make infantry combat less... Well shit compared to BF2. It felt like in BF3 and BF4 that the vehicles were essentially very large powerups or power weapons that were an add-on to the infantry combat.

That's a good point. I do miss BC2 rush and I hope that they find a better balance in this game. I actually found BF3 rush mode to be serviceable on most maps. Some maps had some pretty bad early choke points and not enough flanks but most games played alright. BF4 on the other hand is a nightmare. Nowadays I find that even conquest in BF4 is bad, mainly because of the things I mentioned earlier. AA is too good which means you spend more time landing the heli/repairing than flying, tanks shooting safely across the map, and a ton of snipers just hanging back. If I do fire up BF4 nowadays I play domination which might as well be COD at that point.

And Visceral spent how many years working on this re-skin? 3?.

Im-Shocked-gif.gif

Shallwhat

Banned
Hahaha, no way will I be paying money for this. Especially after the major BF4 screw up. Just like everyone saying this is just a mod/re-skin. It looks and plays just like BF4, you can tell from the video.

rrs

Where can I download this mod?

Edit: Why couldn't we get Bad Company 3 instead of this?

i wish bad company 3 came out, instead of this game :/

BC2 is the best Battlefield 3/4/hardline, loads of destruction and variety in maps. I want another one because it nailed the gameplay and maps perfectly but I doubt that it will happen again.

Seems weird they claimed that leaked footage was from an old build, yet this looks worse than that. Dumbed down assets for the beta?

Most likely to save space again.

I think they just started doing vehicles wrong in BF3 and BF4, and it only happened because of their decision to make infantry combat less... Well shit compared to BF2. It felt like in BF3 and BF4 that the vehicles were essentially very large powerups or power weapons that were an add-on to the infantry combat.

How are vehicles supposed to be? 1943 and BC2 were my first two BF games so that's how they've always felt in my experience.

Relique

And Visceral spent how many years working on this re-skin? 3?.

Im-Shocked-gif.gif

I don't think that's completely fair. Dead Space 3 released February, 2013 not counting any time spent on day one DLC (lol)

If they began work on BFH immediately after DS3 then they had less than a year and a half so far. It seems like most of their contribution is on the campaign side. That's the vibe i'm getting from the leaked video from last week.

Overdoziz

Banned
This should've just been an expansion for BF4 like Vietnam was to BFBC2. It's probably an old build, but it looks exactly like BF4 with a couple of new things and mostly reskinned models.

fedexpeon

Banned
I was Day 1 on this...but wow, this is a re-skinned mod.
Instead of S&D suitcase match, they LITERALLY change the name from suitcase to MONEY PILE for the mode.

LOL...Sad sad sad sad day for BF franchise.
What next? Headquarter mode into "Holdout mode": Cop Station vs Robber hideout...I would laugh if my prediction comes true.

I was Day 1 on this...but wow, this is a re-skinned mod.
Instead of S&D suitcase match, they LITERALLY change the name from suitcase to MONEY PILE for the mode.

LOL...Sad sad sad sad day for BF franchise.
What next? Headquarter mode into "Holdout mode": Cop Station vs Robber hideout...I would laugh if my prediction comes true.

Pretty sure you nailed very close to it.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
BC2 is the best Battlefield 3/4/hardline, loads of destruction and variety in maps. I want another one because it nailed the gameplay and maps perfectly but I doubt that it will happen again.

Most likely to save space again.

yeah BC2 is still the best for me :) yeah, i don't think we are going to see it anytime soon :/

Dead Man

This does look like a reskin and I think they played it too safe but I honestly feel this will end up a better game than BF4. I think Visceral is more proven on the campaign side so I am expecting the campaign to be fun. Vice police theme is certainly fresher and more interesting than modern military so that helps.

On the MP side I feel like the lack of jets and tanks will equate to a better MP experience overall. Jet battles are cool but they do not really contribute to the objective of the map. Many jet pilots also like to abuse flying into helis for instant kills. Tanks are great in theory but not so great in practice, at least in BF4. Many tanks just sit safely in their own spawn and shoot across the entire map for an easy 30 kills and no deaths. Tanks also skew class balance as you feel really gimped if you aren't running engineer in conquest. C4 is ok but you really do need a lot of engineers on your team. Tanks are too powerful against other land vehicles which means no one wants to use jeeps and die in one shell.

I really think less is more in this case. If indeed there are no jets and tanks then people will use cars, bikes, and armored vehicles more often. You may even be able to get an ammo or med pack in conquest for a change.

I wish I was able to be so optimistic. I hope you are right, but fear you are not.

Marleyman

Banned
I don't understand what people were expecting. With its problems, bf4 is still a visual/audio treat. I am definitely getting this. Cops and robbers in the Bf universe is an easy purchase for me.

I don't understand what people were expecting. With its problems, bf4 is still a visual/audio treat. I am definitely getting this. Cops and robbers in the Bf universe is an easy purchase for me.

That's all it is, it's still a pile of shite to play. This clip literally looked exactly the same as BF4 too gameplay wise (movement, shooting etc.) and it even had the vehicles glitching and rubber banding and that's with almost nothing happening on a tiny map with 1 guy.

Will the release build fix that? who knows but it's not a good start

EL CUCO

I'm definitely going to pass on this one. Once I get some confirmation that the bugs in BF4 aren't in this one, I'll consider...
renting it

Ghazi

I wish this had been a Battlefield-esque take on CoD. Would've been cooler, maybe, possibly, I don't know.

soultron

Banned
I don't know if this is the actual game. Why it says "beta" everywhere is suspect. The assets, animation, destruction, and the map itself don't look anywhere near beta quality. Is this some internal first playable preview from over 6 months ago? I ask this because that internal pitch video looked way better than this. I'm not sure if that' possible, considering it has BFH everywhere, but as far as 6 months back it was still called (internally) Omaha.

Also, the HUD elements scream placeholder, in my opinion.

TL;DR: I'm confused as to the legitimacy of this video being representative actual beta/near-final code.

Rockyrock

I was at least expecting more destructibility given the smaller map sizes.

Looks like the same limited model we have now, if not worse.

Yeah, looks pretty disappointing to be honest and if it has half the bugs BF4 did at launch it won't be worth buying off the bat, if at all.

Yeah I am not buying this at all, I thought the trailer looked a bit neat but after seeing this...

It's reskinned BF4, which I refuse to play because it's a mess still and I'd certainly hope Visceral could polish this better than DICE but who knows.

At this point, I hate what has become of Battlefield and it makes me dislike EA even more.

Broritos

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the Heist Mode and Rescue Mode. That's really the only two modes that should exist in this game. Not this TDM, CTF shit or whatever basic mode that most shooters have.

Top Bottom