• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miami Man Fined $120 Million for Making 96 Million Robocalls in Three Months

There's an app called Trucaller that replaces the default phone app on Android and tags these scams as scams. Every now and then a fresh number gets through, but the app quickly tags them as more people report numbers. It's cut down on my response rate to robocalls by ~90% I'd estimate. (Free with ads, otherwise $2 a month I think).

cyress8

Banned
Now can they find the fucker who keeps calling my business so I can update it on Google Maps? Shit is annoying, especially since I already have my stuff updated and can check reviews online already. I get about 20 calls a day and they call from random numbers from all over the country.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I got one of these just a few days ago. I don't know if was related to this dickhead or a different scam artist but some pre recorded twat tried to convince me I had won a stay at a hotel somewhere.

I used to get 2-3 calls a day, now it's like 2-3 a week.

My advice would be to do 3 things:

1. put your number on the do not call registry
2. do not push any buttons or say anything when you get a robo-call
3. report the call to the do not call registry.

If you interact with the call you are more likely to get them in the future. Reporting the call will likely lead to nothing, but including the time and date of the call can make it easier to track robo-callers down in the future.

Top Bottom