• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Free cruise" robocall class action settlement could pay out up to $900 per claim

Bsigg12

No they will reduce how much we get. Don't expect more than $10

If your claim is accepted, you will be compensated, based on Resort Marketing Group, Inc’s Call Records, for each call received to the phone number at a maximum of three calls. The value of each call is capped at $300. The most you can receive per telephone number is $900. If the number of claims filed does not allow for compensation at the maximum amount, then you will receive a pro rata share of the Settlement Fund after the payment of Attorneys’s Fees and Expenses, the Incentive Award, and Settlement Administration Expenses.

They should just put it at $300 each and call it a day.

I want a free vacation

I get random calls from this kinda stuff like 3 times a day. Shit is so damn annoying.

The amount of calls I get has increased exponentially over the years. What did I do to deserve this?

Kirye

My cell number isn't listed even though I get one of those calls a day but my house number was listed so i'll take it!

kendrid

Banned
Thanks OP, my home number is part of the lawsuit. Then problem is the more people that sign up, the less money we get.

spock

My number from like 2009-2012 is there. I didn't have the number upto 2014, not sure if it was reused by then. It was a voip I had through time warner. Any thoughts?

My number from like 2009-2012 is there. I didn't have the number upto 2014, not sure if it was reused by then. It was a voip I had through time warner. Any thoughts?

It's not hard, did you get the call? If yes then claim. If not you are committing perjury and its illegal.

Socivol

My old number I had during those years was on there. Free money is always a good thing. I remember getting the calls too it always sounded like a radio ad when you would pick up the phone.

mantis23

The joke is on us, this is just an elaborate phishing scheme and everyone checking to see if they are eligible is just adding their number to a database for future robocalls!*

*joking, obviously. I am eligible so thanks for the heads up, OP.

goonie

The joke is on us, this is just an elaborate phishing scheme and everyone checking to see if they are eligible is just adding their number to a database for future robocalls!*

This was my thought at first, but I'm already getting the calls anyways, so why not!

It's not like you even need a database, with the robocaller just do every combination of numbers.

rrs

dad's house number counts, so I guess I'll have to somehow arrange a cut from that before it just goes into the void of retirement savings

Both my Mom and Dad's houses were eligible for this. I told them about this, and they told me just to fill everything out and I can keep the settlement check.

Woooo

Hahahahaha lucky!! I just told my dad about it (their house line and my mom's cell are listed) and they're gonna keep it. No finder's fee for me or nothin! :p

thanks a thousand. I didn't qualify, but my parents, uncle, aunt, and grandparents all qualified. Only thing that stinks is that it could take a long time for get payment (and it could be reduced on appeal).

Top Bottom