• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Free cruise" robocall class action settlement could pay out up to $900 per claim

They must have deleted my number when I told them to fuck off and to never call me again. Now waiting for the free resort stay class action lawsuit that I've been getting called about.

Edit: put in my girlfriends number and it was listed. Looks like we might get some money out of this.

besada

Banned
Normally I'd be irritated that someone bumped an old thread, but since I hadn't seen this and my number was on it, It's all good.

can't wait until they get to the "we're calling to lower your credit card interest rate" class action lawsuit.

Oh man this would be good. Have a ton of blocked numbers so I don't get 20 of these a day ringing my phone. These class action lawsuits are usually disappointing though. There are usually so many claimants everyone ends up getting like $3

I know I received a number of calls like these, but they were before the time range of the lawsuit and my number isn't on there.

Sad day.

The Llama

I remember getting 2 or 3 calls on this and checked and my number was there. Figure I'll get closer to $50 than $900 but I'm glad to see someone go after these annoying robocallers.

kirby_fox

Banned
Must have been multiple free cruise calls because I used to get this call all the time and my number wasn't on there.

Nuts.

Mortemis

Banned
I still get these kinda calls, but they are from actual people talking to me so I guess that's legal?

Anyways I'm not on this list but it looks like my mom's old house number is. I doubt she'll do anything but I'll tell her about it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Shit my house # and my cell #

Ridiculous!

Getting paid, I do remember those calls of cruise back in the day, had sound effects iirc

I tried the numbers of all of my close family. Only my mom's, brother-in-law's, and one of my aunt's work.

I got permission from my mom to handle the claim with her number, and I will inform the others about their free $300+ tomorrow.

Aaaand my number was on it. Got at least ten calls from these fuckers so hoping for big bucks, though knowing how most class-action suits turn out that $900 will become $100 or less by the end of it.

Drain You

I'm in. Wonder how long till we actually see some cash. Last couple class action settlements I was a part of took like a year or so if I'm remembering correctly.

JettDash

I'm in. Wonder how long till we actually see some cash. Last couple class action settlements I was a part of took like a year or so if I'm remembering correctly.

The final hearing is scheduled for April 2018 so sometime after that.

I probably won't even remember. It will be great being surprised with a check in the mail.

Uhyve

How long before someone gets the list of numbers and robocalls all of them for a percentage of their claim, maybe the claimants could even get a free cruise!

thanks a thousand. I didn't qualify, but my parents, uncle, aunt, and grandparents all qualified. Only thing that stinks is that it could take a long time for get payment (and it could be reduced on appeal).
Yeah, this stuff takes a while usually. Got one for the DRAM class action thing a while back, got the check maybe a year or 2 after the actual settlement (think I only got $30 in the end).

MickeyPhree

I tried the numbers of all of my close family. Only my mom's, brother-in-law's, and one of my aunt's work.

I got permission from my mom to handle the claim with her number, and I will inform the others about their free $300+ tomorrow.

Ha if you think they are all getting 300 dollars. So many people have opted in well be lucky to get 10.

My old home phone number from back then was included! We used to get those phone calls all the time. Hope they accept my claim. Free money is always nice :)

garath

The bump was awesome. My number was on there. My wife's was not. They must have "lost" a large portion of the list.

I suspect they were caught and purged some to reduce their exposure.

New002

My wife and mine's cell numbers weren't there, thought I'm sure we've received these calls, but her parent's home phone was so letting them know.

Treo360

Drats, not listed, I thought I received these calls. I know for a fact I received the stupid hotel offers robot calls spoofed with my area code and first three.

JettDash

The bump was awesome. My number was on there. My wife's was not. They must have "lost" a large portion of the list.

I suspect they were caught and purged some to reduce their exposure.

Maybe there are multiple companies that do this and this only covers one?

Gattsu25

Banned
Normally I'd be irritated that someone bumped an old thread, but since I hadn't seen this and my number was on it, It's all good.
Not only is my number on that list but my mom got suckered in by these assholes back when they were doing the calls.

Estellex, thanks for that bump.

suaveric

My number was listed, am I supposed to go through the claims process three times to max this out? Or does filing once over me up to three times? I didn't see any other option when I was filling out the online form.

Please tell me there's a similar suit for UK victims of PPI robocalls.

I swear if ever had anything like this in the UK I'd have finally made it. I get about 7 calls per day from bots with the large selection occurring between 5 and 8 where I just don't answer the phone anymore.

Just received an email update on this, and, as expected, they say that there were so many claimants that each one is expected to get "several dollars."

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just received an email update on this, and, as expected, they say that there were so many claimants that each one is expected to get "several dollars."

ipaR2A5.jpg

Sweet, free lunch at Taco Bell!

mantis23

Looks like the settlement was for 12.5 Million dollars. There were "over two million" claims to date.(People can still submit claims through November 3rd)

So at BEST, its going to be $6 per claim. But the lawyers get paid off the top as well as the named indivduals. That will be a few million dollars so realistically its probably going to be something like $4 a claim.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looks like the settlement was for 12.5 Million dollars. There were "over two million" claims to date.(People can still submit claims through November 3rd)

So at BEST, its going to be $6 per claim. But the lawyers get paid off the top as well as the named indivduals. That will be a few million dollars so realistically its probably going to be something like $4 a claim.

Add $1, get yourself a $5 big box, $5 combo

Win win in my book!

Hell yeah, baby! We eatin' tonight!

MickeyPhree

All you people in this thread who broadcast to the world about this....thanks. you helped screw over us who kept their mouths shut. Kidding and not kidding.

Top Bottom