• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

Kangu

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
It looks like a true adventure game now. No more arena pit fighter, amirite?

The arena fighter thing was always an obvious troll, but NT has stated that the game is supposed to be 100% action. Considering how amazing the environments are I wouldn't be opposed to some exploration and (preferably) plataforming. I doubt we'll get either though, which makes me think this will be a pretty short game. Like ZOE2 short.

Draft

Seems maybe gearing up for a surprise release? Showing that kind of thing on TV for a game that's not coming out for 3, 6 months... doesn't make a WHOLE lot of sense. Could be the big surprise at GDC.

tribal24

Banned
heroes is a gory show lol they could show a pipe go through a person or a chopped up head of course they can show it in heavenly sword on the show.

joshschw

limit is 150kb i hope:

hdfgan1.gif

too fast?

Draft said:
Seems maybe gearing up for a surprise release? Showing that kind of thing on TV for a game that's not coming out for 3, 6 months... doesn't make a WHOLE lot of sense. Could be the big surprise at GDC.

I will say that I noticed the other day that Gamestop and EB have put out their Heavenly Sword place holders which I figured was odd considering it was supposedly so far away and not even set really yet.

theBishop said:
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3378/short2mf0.gif

The more I watch it, the more I just want to see the animation of the fall you take if you mess up. (Because I know I will probably see it more than once)

ManaByte

Gold Member
M3Freak said:
Link to thread please.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=814952

He's being attacked because it's the most retarded connection ever.

Heroes is the biggest hit NBC has had since their "Must See TV" Thursdays faded away, everyone wants in on the viewership of Heroes. The people who watch Heroes are the exact same people who will buy Heavenly Sword or will go see Spider-Man 3 in theaters. Fox advertised FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer on it last week.

OMG, they're advertising a SUPERHERO movie on a show about SUPERHEROES! It must mean Universal is going Blu-Ray.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Karma Kramer said:
Ummm please don't turn this thread into a stupid HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray war.

It was stupid by post #40. All of Onix's posts in this thread were just about his stupid "OMG UNIVERSAL IS GOING BLU-RAY" theory based on them placing a major upcoming game in what is one of the top shows on television right now.

I don't get how putting a major game on a top show can lead someone to think that.

Raistlin

ManaByte said:
It was stupid by post #40. All of Onix's posts in this thread were just about his stupid "OMG UNIVERSAL IS GOING BLU-RAY" theory based on them placing a major upcoming game in what is one of the top shows on television right now.

I don't get how putting a major game on a top show can lead someone to think that.

Thanks for the complete oversimplification that disregards most of what I said.

Regardless, if you want to continue this ... do it in the appropriate OT thread.

And BTW - learn how to communicate without name calling, you ****ing douche. :lol

arne

ManaByte said:

i could care less for the blu-ray vs. hd-dvd war (until criterion collection picks a format that is), but i agree the connection is tenuous at best. product placement does not indicate a greater partnership. that partnership may exist, but not because the product placement nor is the product placement because of a partnership in this case.

an interesting point to be sure, but i think the "evidence" is far too circumstantial at this time.

anything else i'll post in OT, which i don't do anyway.

Hunahan

Banned
Well, what little there is to see certainly looks cool at least.

It definately seems like it's finally time for the PS3 to shine. Hopefully GDC delivers the goods.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Karma Kramer said:
keynote/press conference... same thing :p

It's only an hour. Here's the summary from the GDC site:
The entertainment, creative and commercial opportunities presented by connected communities of players and developers are almost infinite.

What does 'always on' mean for both the game development industry and consumer? What are some of the innovative products and services that will help content developers define and shape the meaning of Game 3.0

Sony Computer Entertainment's Worldwide Studios will demonstrate some exclusive insights into its development of products and services that will help define future growth in the video game market.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Karma Kramer said:
Whats planned for tommorrow then?

GDC is for developers/designers to meet and trade ideas, tips, knowledge; etc. It isn't really for showing off your big OMG KILL TEH COMPETITION title. Like last year he showed Motorstorm but it was more about showing what the technology behind the mud can do instead of actually showing the game itself.

Tomorrow the conference starts and it's basically just a bunch of panels that most people here will find boring.

ManaByte said:
GDC is for developers/designers to meet and trade ideas, tips, knowledge; etc. It isn't really for showing off your big OMG KILL TEH COMPETITION title. Like last year he showed Motorstorm but it was more about showing what the technology behind the mud can do instead of actually showing the game itself.

Tomorrow the conference starts and it's basically just a bunch of panels that most people here will find boring.

Alright... thanks for the summary.

Exspectations went way down.

kevm3

I hope these level of physics are carried into other games or taken even further... The cloth flapping in the wind looks great. Imagine an rpg where all the trees, clothing and hair sway in the wind, and you have a bird land on a branch and it slowly bobs. Walking through a pool of water creates realistic ripples. Imagine an Alundra except that the puzzles aren't fixed. Say that you need to cross this raging river. One way of solving the puzzle could be getting on a high ledge, throwing a grappling hook onto a crevice on the other side and swing across. Another way would be to throw bombs and blow up chunks of a canyon wall, adn the rocks fall into the river, making a dam. I'm getting ahead of myself, but it's always fun to dream a little bit.

ManaByte

Gold Member
kevm3 said:
I hope these level of physics are carried into other games or taken even further... The cloth flapping in the wind looks great. Imagine an rpg where all the trees, clothing and hair sway in the wind, and you have a bird land on a branch and it slowly bobs. Walking through a pool of water creates realistic ripples. Imagine an Alundra except that the puzzles aren't fixed. Say that you need to cross this raging river. One way of solving the puzzle could be getting on a high ledge, throwing a grappling hook onto a crevice on the other side and swing across. Another way would be to throw bombs and blow up chunks of a canyon wall, adn the rocks fall into the river, making a dam. I'm getting ahead of myself, but it's always fun to dream a little bit.

Tomb Raider on the 360 had some nice physics based block puzzles.

kevm3

ManaByte said:
Tomb Raider on the 360 had some nice physics based block puzzles.

Sweet. Good to know that developers are doing more than painting pretty pictures on screen. Added interactivity, as long as it is done correctly, can really push us on another plateau of immersion.

AVclub

The video makes me look forward to future booth-babes dressed in "Heavenly Sword" costumes...

...oh, and the game too! :D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
v1cious said:
viral advertising? what do you think? i mean this is very strange.
seems like regular product placement imo. though it's kinda interesting considering the companies involved.

Anyways, the game looks stunning. Can't wait to see more.

Top Bottom