• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

btw ps3 + dell pc monitor.

they cover dell brand + where are audio speakers? :lol

they pretend to play heavenly sword with no sound :lol

Busty

Banned
firefoxsux said:
this is living next gen suckers! complete model animated fingers of nariko! :D

Interestingly, both LAIR and Uncharted also feature incredibly detailed ,anatomically structured fingers.

Presumably this is one element of the ICE framework coming into action. One studio develops the tech (in this case, fingers) and then everyone else gets to use it in their games.

One big happy family.

I'm genuinely excited that this game is coming from a UK development team!

Wollan

bouc_emissaire said:
hsheroes1.jpg

hsheroes2.jpg

hsheroes3.jpg

hsheroes4.jpg

hsheroes5.jpg

hsheroes6.jpg

hsheroes7.jpg

hsheroes8.jpg

hsheroes9.jpg

hsheroes10.jpg

Quoted for all that is sacred.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Sony's pulling the Ali rope-a-dope!

They're all feeble at the beginning of this CONSOLE WAR 2K7 (capped for drama), but then pull out teh big gunz in places you'd never expect! Next up, Ratchet and Clank on Ugly Betty CONFIRMED!

(sigh)

I hope that this is Sony's way of telling us gamers that they are going to be releasing a demo of this during GDC. Don't ask me how I got GDC demo from Heroes cameo, because I don't quite now. Just, believe.

Busty

Banned
EMBee99 said:
Sony's pulling the Ali rope-a-dope!

They're all feeble at the beginning of this CONSOLE WAR 2K7 (capped for drama), but then pull out teh big gunz in places you'd never expect! Next up, Ratchet and Clank on House CONFIRMED!

(sigh)

Fixed for accuracy. :)

the GIF looks awesome (all i've been able to watch so far) but her hair just looks totally spazzed out in it... can anyone who saw this direct feed let me know if that's how it looks in the full video?

Nostromo

Busty said:
Presumably this is one element of the ICE framework coming into action. One studio develops the tech (in this case, fingers) and then everyone else gets to use it in their games.
It's just -oldschool- skeletal animation, you don't need any fancy tech to move some fingers :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nostromo said:
It's just -oldschool- skeletal animation, you don't need any fancy tech to move some fingers :)

HE COMES!

So, tell us more about your little game here, fine sir.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
plagiarize said:
the GIF looks awesome (all i've been able to watch so far) but her hair just looks totally spazzed out in it... can anyone who saw this direct feed let me know if that's how it looks in the full video?

vive1.jpg

Because she's worth it.

Matix

Crackerman16 said:
Another .gif:

411346411_e4c99b9908_o.gif

:)

Gotta admit, that does look mighty tasty (possibly even surpassing the early pre-rendered HS footage). Oh, and Heroes is the reason why we have Monday night television.

llTll

Banned
bouc_emissaire said:
No, but i tried to imagine this waterfall, and i remembered this old pics.
But it's not real time.
actully. as far as i know. its real time [ or thats what i have been told before from the guys here ]

Sephiroth

plagiarize said:

Plus her right thumb is bigger than the left and her left shoe seems untied.

Sales -1000 for me total

mr_nothin

Banned
Hey Nostromo
Is this the conference that will be demo'ing HS for a physics example:
- 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.: Christer Ericson, Director of Tools and
Technology, Sony Computer Entertainment America, "Physics for Games
Programmers," Room 3011, West Hall
???
Please let it be because its tomorrow :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wow, that looks fantastic. The game is looking closer to something like God of War rather than Sangoku Musou (which is what they seemed to suggest originally). Here's hoping it all comes together in the end.

Sephiroth said:
Plus her right thumb is bigger than the left and her left shoe seems untied.

Sales -1000 for me total
The GIF looks awesome

i'm guessing that's a no then though on her hair.

i just wanted to know if it was due to missing frames of animation or not.

u_neek

Redhead with dreadlocks FTL but overall it looks amazing and this is definitely one of my most wanted PS3 games.

Wollan

The E3/TGS demo didn't take full use of the combat system.

The final game has three different stances you can switch between.

Hunter D

Gattsu25 said:
It was playable at E3

People played it

Ask them
Thats cool, but you can't really tell anything from a quick play of a brawler. A person really has to spend a little bit of time with this type of game to get a feel for it.

u_neek said:
I know, I was just trying to point out that her hair looks off while everything else looks amazing.
i tried the same things and only got sarcasm thrown at me... and i just wanted to know if it was just in the gif that it looked weird cause i haven't seen the videos.

GeoramA

Damn this looks nice. And I'm pretty surprised at Sony with this kind of marketing since it isn't really their style. March has been good indeed.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It looks amazing - the only complaint I have is there seems to be quite a bit of self-shadow artifacting, not only on the background scenery, but in some closeup shots as well (Nariko's neck for example).

I only noticed it after repeat viewings, but I hope they find a way to avoid this as it's a bit distracting, and even some of the early games with soft self shadowing last gen, like Ico, managed to avoid it (although they were only doing it on a per-character basis, not full scene like here). A lot of games this gen that have full scene shadowing seem to have this problem btw.

Top Bottom