• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Ones |OT| The show with hot questions and even hotter wings

This Vince Staples episode could've been an hour long and I still would've wanted more. I could hear him crack jokes for hours, he should try and pivot into acting/stand-up.
Same. Kid is unnaturally quick witted and always has shit to say. He puts all the SoundCloud rappers high off their ass and unable to form an intelligible sentence off a track to shame.

Didn't know we had a thread for this! Probably one of the few YouTube shows I genuinely like. I'm sure it's typical but I'd second the Obamas or Gordon Ramsay being on the show.

I really wanna buy all the sauces one day and try to run through them too lmao.

My Hot Ones sauce finally came in today, and that was the last one to complete the set. Going to give this a try tomorrow with a few of my buddies tomorrow.

Should be interesting.

gutshot

Kevin Durant is going to be doing a special live version of Hot Ones tomorrow on his official YouTube channel.

This Tuesday, August 22, 2017, NBA Champion and Finals MVP Kevin Durant will take over The YouTube Space LA.

Hosted by sWooZie, Durant will be interviewed by fan favorite YouTube stars What’s Inside, Hot Ones, and Ryan ToysReview for a special VR180 livestream. The event will be broadcast live exclusively on his YouTube channel starting at 3 p.m. PT.

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2017/08/youtube-live-with-kevin-durant-and-host_21.html

Arkeband

Banned
Same. Kid is unnaturally quick witted and always has shit to say. He puts all the SoundCloud rappers high off their ass and unable to form an intelligible sentence off a track to shame.

Didn't know we had a thread for this! Probably one of the few YouTube shows I genuinely like. I'm sure it's typical but I'd second the Obamas or Gordon Ramsay being on the show.

I really wanna buy all the sauces one day and try to run through them too lmao.

I can't really imagine Ramsay letting his mouth bask in that scoville heat, he's always cracking wise about how he doesn't want to fuck up his pallette and frequently spits things out on other people's shows if they're too sweet, too sour, etc. It's half a gag for the audience but also it's gotta be subliminally planting the idea that only his own cooking is at a level his exquisite taste can tolerate and appreciate, which is good for his brand.

dmshaposv

This show works so well because of Sean Evans.

Not only is he a very good interviewer, in that he knows what questions to ask, but he does a tremendous job in switching gears and adjusting to his guests flow and nature.

gatling

My Hot Ones sauce finally came in today, and that was the last one to complete the set. Going to give this a try tomorrow with a few of my buddies tomorrow.

Should be interesting.

Which one did you get? If you got Pain 100% lemme know if you like it. My personal fav.

Live streamed Hot Ones with Kevin Durant

https://youtu.be/0q3BRYngBKo?t=18m48s

Is there a non VR link?

EDIT: Quoting a much earlier post:

OMG! I was shocked by how eloquently he spoke about the universe while chowing down ghost pepper wings. WTF!

I mean, look at this MF in his younger days.

Bp-gxgwCAAAG-e2.jpg

BreVgMMCcAAsmj_.jpg

He can handle shit. And showed my in laws the Neil Tyson interview and I think they are hooked on the show after that.

Chuckie

DJ Khaled, besides being a total pussy was also really annoying.

After two wings: "I'm stopping, but I ain't giving up"

Who the fuck is this guy and his 'philosophies?'

He's the 'you got played' guy isn't he?

dmshaposv

DJ Khaled, besides being a total pussy was also really annoying.

After two wings: "I'm stopping, but I ain't giving up"

Who the fuck is this guy and his 'philosophies?'

He's the 'you got played' guy isn't he?

Khaled is a clown.

He talks smack but he got completely owned by fuckin sriracha. lmao.

Kvik

Thanks to this thread, I powered through the first two seasons last night. :p

It's really amusing seeing dudes got obliterated whilst Sean kept trucking with the questions. I love Bryan Cranston & James Franco one. Bryan practically egging Franco all the way. So funny.

I wish there are more female interviewee. Eddie Huang and Bobby Lee were straight up insanity. Even Sean looks genuinely concerned for these dudes.

Can't wait to see the rest tonight!

zerotol

Banned
Why does it seem like the last Hot Ones sauce is not as hot as Da Bomb Beyond Insanity

I think it's probably because Da bomb has capsaicin extract in it which is pure heat and often tastes like shit. The last dab one at the end supposedly has the newest hottest pepper in it from Ed Currie. Ed being the dude who bred the Carolina Reaper. As far as I know, he hasn't released the scoville rating for his new pepper or even revealed its name yet. Maybe the last dab sauce doesn't have any extract in it.

gutshot

I think it's probably because Da bomb has capsaicin extract in it which is pure heat and often tastes like shit. The last dab one at the end supposedly has the newest hottest pepper in it from Ed Currie. Ed being the dude who bred the Carolina Reaper. As far as I know, he hasn't released the scoville rating for his new pepper or even revealed its name yet. Maybe the last dab sauce doesn't have any extract in it.

Yeah. I don't think Da Bomb is meant to taste good. It seems like with The Last Dab, they tried to balance the heat with some flavor and that probably tempers the reaction somewhat. I'm sure Pepper X is very hot, but in the sauce, it doesn't seem to effect people as much.

Which one did you get? If you got Pain 100% lemme know if you like it. My personal fav.

It was the Hot Ones branded sauce that I went to pick up at that time.

I found Pain 100% to be too hot for my liking. I think Pain is Good would have to be my personal favorite.

My top 4 hottest sauces I would say were

1. Mad Dog 357
2. DB Beyond Insanity
3. Mega Death = Pain 100%

Mega Death was a little disappointing, and Pain 100% was surprisingly very spicy. The rest aren't really spicy enough to matter.

Seems to confirm the stuff from their earlier Spicy Chipotle Sauce, that it blends enough other stuff in there that it tastes really good while masking the heat. In other words, what a hot sauce shout be.

Amen. If the heat helps the flavor or makes the flavor linger, it's good. If it's pain for the sake of it, it's probably not my cup of tea.

Got some Zombie Apocalypse on the way along with that Ghost/Blueberry. Hype to try them both.

kris.

Banned
This is the very last show I'd expect Henry to be down to do and that preview looks like he has a lot of fun with it. Fuck I'm excited haha.

Top Bottom