• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm noticing a lot of celebrities are advertising the Switch now

NotLiquid

MFcj0pH.jpg

Real talk, MK8D/Switch on The Weeknd's Instagram - I'm not sure how much better free marketing you can get

Platy

I was expecting more from that OP =P

But yeah, makes me wonder if Nintendo paid them more than just giving a switch...does Nintendo even have that money to spend on ads after the WiiU ?

So you're saying Nintendo paid all these celebrities to tweet about Switch saying things like "shit talking"?

I know some people don't like Switch much and are tired of seeing it, but it's a system people like

oti

Banned
If this was a bought ad, wouldn't there be #ad in the post? I thought the FCC had a regulation like that. I remember seeing a lot of those posts.

bionic77

It's a great console for people who are constantly traveling and don't want to lug a huge console everywhere.
It is just a great console period for how people live in 2017.

Once you get that freedom to just pick up the console and take it with you it feels very limiting to go back to anything stuck to the tv.

It's a great console for people who are constantly traveling and don't want to lug a huge console everywhere.

Yeah. It makes complete sense for a lot of celebrities and artists who are on the go and like to game.

It's more full featured than mobile gaming and still retains good portability.

Full console version of Zelda and Mario kart in a handheld. A handheld that doesn't feel like a gameboy(kids toy). Even celebrities want to have fun when on the road enjoying down time.

Alrus

I was expecting more from that OP =P

But yeah, makes me wonder if Nintendo paid them more than just giving a switch...does Nintendo even have that money to spend on ads after the WiiU ?

They advertised it during the Super Bowl, clearly they have no money left...

phanphare

Banned
It is just a great console period for how people live in 2017.

Once you get that freedom to just pick up the console and take it with you it feels very limiting to go back to anything stuck to the tv.

that's how I felt about the dual screen setup for Zelda games like Wind Waker

;_;

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
great for all the sheeple that have no own opinion.
what age group does this target ? teens?

cause tbh i don't give 2 shits if celebrity x y z plays game x y z

bionic77

;_;
For whatever reason it clearly did not resonate with most people though, despite a lot of great games.

There are only 2 Nintendo systems I have not bought. The Virtual Boy and the Wii U. Likewise the only Sony System that I did not buy is the Vita.

That said I did not really understand the genius of the Switch until I got it in my hands. Once you have that freedom to just pick up the game from the tv and take it in your office or wherever to finish off a shrine hunt, it is something that is hard to give up once you get used to it.

oneils

If this was a bought ad, wouldn't there be #ad in the post? I thought the FCC had a regulation like that. I remember seeing a lot of those posts.

He's Canadian, so would FCC regulations apply to him if he tweeted from Canada? Either way, It seems spontaneous enough. Doesn't necessarily Look like an ad.

phanphare

Banned
For whatever reason it clearly did not resonate with most people though, despite a lot of great games.

There are only 2 Nintendo systems I have not bought. The Virtual Boy and the Wii U. Likewise the only Sony System that I did not buy is the Vita.

That said I did not really understand the genius of the Switch until I got it in my hands. Once you have that freedom to just pick up the game from the tv and take it in your office or wherever to finish off a shrine hunt, it is something that is hard to give up once you get used to it.

yeah the Switch is definitely a better gimmick because it affects every single game that comes to the system by the very nature of the hardware whereas the Wii U only really enhanced a small handful of games

Well, in comparison to the advertisements of the Wii U
or lack there of
It's somewhat nice to see the Switch pop up in social media. More people buying the Switch means more game for the Switch, so It's a win, win to me.

;_;

The Wind Waker, in fairness, probably had the most to benefit from it (outside of BOTW but we know what happened there). Making use of sea charts went from incredibly cumbersome in the original to a breeze on the Wii U, and item swapping was a cinch. TP, on the other hand, barely benefited; there wasn't much point to looking at a map while traveling (as traveling required looking where you were going), and item management was already pretty snappy with the GCN release's item wheel (a feature I sorely miss while playing with the pro controller).

Dartastic

John Mayer tweeted about it recently saying it was one of the best inventions for touring musicians or something.

Beaten so hard lol

Top Bottom