• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm noticing a lot of celebrities are advertising the Switch now

I don't doubt that there are paid ads for Switch, but this one seems odd with the swearing. Can't imagine safesafe Ninty allowing the boy Abel to cuss it up in a paid post.

This is exactly what Nintendo needed, a console with mainstream appeal. The Wii U was completely shunned in that respect and paid the price for it. Nintendo thrives off this kind of marketing, with the Wii being the shining example of it.

ChrisD

tenor.gif
STOP JABBING THE SYSTEM YOU'RE GOING TO BREAK IT ;-;

exemp30

Yup no one likes the switch, they're just paid to say they do we even have people on here that are kinda suspect if you think about it.

E-phonk

Banned
We tour often and have been playing the switch in our tour bus since i bought one. I love beating our sound engineer at puyo puyo tetris for hours after hours :p i've only seen one backstage, but I can obviously see why people who are constantly on the road love it.

Tbh i wouldn't buy mario kart again as i played all tracks 100x on wiiu, but i'd consider it just because i know the others would enjoy playing vs games.

Scoops

Banned
Maybe because it's a really good piece of hardware that finally solves an issue other pieces of hardware have been trying to solve for decades?

Mortemis

Banned
Not only does nintendo pay all these celebrities to casually advertise the Switch, they even pay normal folk to do it too

I'm still waiting for my check for playing MK8D at school and getting a bunch of people into it

hiim_haz

Banned
This goes back to the thing where Nintendo realized adults also like games and want to play games during busy schedules. It's perfect for it.

killroy87

On one hand, they could all be paid (though I'd be blown away if Nintendo sponsored a tweet from the weeknd with a swear in it). On the other hand, I just can't see Nintendo being that savvy. The Weeknd? They'd talk to like Rascal Flatts or something.

Besides, it actually is absolutely the most touring musician friendly console ever, so maybe The Weeknd just likes Mario kart.

Everytime I talk about the Switch to someone new, I know I sound like an absolute shill, but it's because it genuinely excites me lol, so I feel bad but also know I shouldn't.

Harmen

I think for touring musicians who like full fledgded console experiences at modern standards, it is pretty much the ideal platform. For people constantly on the move the main Switch sellingpoints are not just gimmicks. To me it makes sense that the Switch resonates with them to the point they give shoutouts on social media.

GlamFM

Banned
It´s called "influencer marketing" and it´s huge.

I work in advertising and I have to deal with a lot of these super annoying individuals recently.

it's probably not paid unless it has #ad or something similar in it

It´s absolutely payed.

thefro

They seem to have been sending care packages to known celeb Nintendo fans, but I don't think they are paying them beyond that.

The Weekend is a gamer. This isn't surprising or shocking. It's not like it's a paid advertisement.

And people saying so need to shut up. Stop trying to lie, straight up.

You know, celebs are tweeting to that Meier (?) tweet how fun it is to play Mario Kart on Switch... You really think that Nintendo has paid them to go to discuss in Twitter with other people? You guys have any idea how much that would cost? To make artists your community/PR folk that go around speaking about Switch?

And I suppose that those Sony/XBox bosses are also paid to endorse Nintendo's console? They are speaking very highly about it...

GAF is so disgusting sometimes...

Top Bottom