• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

I agree - Halo 4 and 5 should definitely have a heavy emphasis on alien environments, especially Forerunner. Reach and ODST were mostly set in human locations, with a dash of Covenant areas and almost no Forerunner areas at all.

But by the time we get to Halo 6 I think fans will be okay with going back to Earth, if only briefly.

Well, looking at the Concept Art Glimpse and I don't see a single human enviroment. Everything is huge, alien and mysterious.

lolwut

College has all the time in the world compared to a full-time job. Wake up early, go to work all day, leave after 5, go weightlifting, go to grocery store, make dinner, bam. Free time starts at 8pm, have to be asleep by 10:30 to not feel like a zombie the next day.

This is why I just watch streams to get my Halo fix now.

I wish I went to your college then, I'm kept pretty damn busy.

New Media, you are expected to sleep less >.> Devo could possibly back me up on this.

Yeah, In college you have tons of free time before classes/between classes. After classes its hw and partying.

You have time for everything in College, unless of course you have a job on top of going to school full time.

TheOddOne

Well, looking at the Concept Art Glimpse and I don't see a single human enviroment. Everything is huge, alien and mysterious.
The artwork is a cover up, Microsoft forced 343 to use Reach Forge mode to create all the levels in Halo 4. In Halo 4, they will add the colour yellow to the rotation and well... it will be special.

Yeah, In college you have tons of free time before classes/between classes. After classes its hw and partying.

You have time for everything in College, unless of course you have a job on top of going to school full time.

I would consider going to school full time not having the time to do much "partying". Of course you could just ,be a game design student Xp I jest I jest. However a could game design students from my college, three I think, went on to go work at Bungie.

lolwut

College has all the time in the world compared to a full-time job. Wake up early, go to work all day, leave after 5, go weightlifting, go to grocery store, make dinner, bam. Free time starts at 8pm, have to be asleep by 10:30 to not feel like a zombie the next day.

This.

My freshman, sophomore, and even junior year of college wasn't easy but it never took 40 hours a week. (47 hours a week including the commute.) Senior year was much, much harder with my senior design class, but even then I still had more time for gaming than I do now.

Of course, I was also broke as shit and living off of my parents' income.

Now I pay all my own bills and can afford to buy games, but I don't have nearly as much free time to play them.

Being sociable also takes more time now - in college all of my friends were close at hand. Hanging out was convenient and we could quickly and easily transition from schoolwork to gaming to partying. Now I have to make plans, drive everywhere, change out of workclothes, etc.

Tawpgun

Being sociable also takes more time now - in college all of my friends were close at hand. Hanging out was convenient and we could quickly and easily transition from schoolwork to gaming to partying. Now I have to make plans, drive everywhere, change out of workclothes, etc.

That's probably what I wasn't accounting for.

Looking back on it, yeah college does give you a hell of a lot more free time, but gaming isn't the best option for fun anymore.

At least it isn't the most viable.

k full time job GAF. You win. Your life sucks. :)

lolwut

Wish I went to your College, my first year of College was pretty brutal, guys would spring tests and courseworks out of nowhere and give like a deadline of within the week. When that happened with multiple lecturers you were screwed. I still fit in a ton of Halo but im finding working life easier because at 5 im done. Im still learning stuff for my own reasons and maybe doing job apps here and there to things that look great and are a step up. But learning seems to be harder than working. (Maybe thats just the position I was in though. )

daedalius

That's probably what I wasn't accounting for.

Looking back on it, yeah college does give you a hell of a lot more free time, but gaming isn't the best option for fun anymore.

At least it isn't the most viable.

k full time job GAF. You win. Your life sucks. :)

It's not too bad, while my current job isn't ideal, I'd say working on my personal artwork eats into my gaming time more ;)

My time in college was a huge waste of time(unfortunately it also consumed a lot of time)

Wow I am in a meeting about hardcore command line database management, this doesn't apply to me at all and I don't understand any of it... sigh. Game art/any art job please...

And no one is posting either, Fml

heckfu

Banned
That's the beauty of the age:game hypothesis. It's not limited to just workload or free time, tastes can change too.

FyreWulff

Still find it weird that we can't manage fileshares from Waypoint. Is this ever planned to come over or are Reach fileshares a Bungie-hosted feature? As it is I still use Bungie.net as my stats hub because I can't see my weekly progress or files from the Waypoint side.

Secondly, someone needs to make it so Waypoint thread title field (when making a thread) isn't all caps, and links need to be set to another color than grey so it's not grey-on-grey text.

Regarding the new LD maps, were some of the hiding spots and exploits fixed?

I know from a few on Boardwalk and Asylum which were pretty frustrating.

FyreWulff

Regarding the new LD maps, were some of the hiding spots and exploits fixed?

I know from a few on Boardwalk and Asylum which were pretty frustrating.

They are softkilled to hell and back. A couple of them also use soft kills in non-hiding places just to keep people moving and preventing bunching up on more abusable-but-on-the-map areas.

Louis Wu

I posted the other day that when H2 came out I was playing non-stop. I was in high school going into college and didn't have a ton of responsibility.

When 3 came out I was a sophomore and had a full year to play before I started grad school which slowed down playtime tremendously.

When Reach finally came out I was in my 3rd year of grad school and my priorities had shifted greatly from gaming to work and classwork.

I have a feeling that I'm not the only one that has had to make that transition through the course of the series and in some, not all, cases you can definitely apply the same kind of age progression to a decreased amount of games played.
Huh.
I'm old, so I was out of grad school by the time Halo came out.

When Halo 2 was released, I had a full-time job (self-employed, my own business), a wife and 3 kids (9, 10, 12). Life was busy... but the kids had a pretty fixed schedule, so there was some free time. What wasn't used running HBO was put towards Halo 2.

When Halo 3 came out, my kids were 12, 13, 15 - slightly more rambunctious years, but still not too nuts. My wife had gone back to work by that time, though, so my parenting time went up. The business had grown, as well - more work. HBO was busier. And yet, I had more time to game.

When Reach came out, my kids were 15, 16, 18. My oldest was away in college - but my middle son was in serious trouble, and requiring some pretty heavy time commitments. We were visiting therapists, law enforcement officials, and were in talking to school officials on a nearly daily basis. Work continued to expand. (There were days I was working 15+ hours.)

I think Matchmaking might have been an escape. ;)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks! Usually, I don't go around tellin everyone it's my birthday but this year, I said fuck it. It's my motha fuckin birthday! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I'm 24 btw. That sounds weird sayin that.

You assholes ruined the surprise!

I baked a giant cake and got Walshy to hide inside it. What the hell am I supposed to do with it now?

high five I'm also 24 (birthday is in Nov)
You guys are so young.
I turned 24 way back in September.

Throw Walshy out of the cake. Put a mannequin with the 343i hoodie in it. And you would give me the best birthday present of all time!
I think I'll just save time and make Walshy wear the hoodie. How big of a box will I need to ship this thing to Germany? Should I poke some air holes in the box?

heckfu

Banned
Huh.

When Halo 2 was released, I had a full-time job (self-employed, my own business), a wife and 3 kids (9, 10, 12). Life was busy... but the kids had a pretty fixed schedule, so there was some free time. What wasn't used running HBO was put towards Halo 2.

When Halo 3 came out, my kids were 12, 13, 15 - slightly more rambunctious years, but still not too nuts. My wife had gone back to work by that time, though, so my parenting time went up. The business had grown, as well - more work. HBO was busier. And yet, I had more time to game.

When Reach came out, my kids were 15, 16, 18. My oldest was away in college - but my middle son was in serious trouble, and requiring some pretty heavy time commitments. We were visiting therapists, law enforcement officials, and were in talking to school officials on a nearly daily basis. Work continued to expand. (There were days I was working 15+ hours.)

Hopefully I'll find H4 to be an escape as well since I'll be out of grad school for about 6 months when it releases.

I'll probably just hop on up your way to a LAN so you can teach me!

Huh.

That's one of the main reasons that I play games at all. So nice to be able to dive into a game and for an hour or so, forget real life.

Happy Birthday Tashi!

I'm 21 and I'm attempting to refuse the fact that I will continue to age.

PAX East (or as I like to call it, PAX Easter) is coming up on April 6th through the 8th. We recognize that this falls on a holiday for some of you. The problem, is that we are at the mercy of the convention center when it comes to dates. Trust me when I tell you we didn’t pick Easter just to be jerks. However, even with PAX falling on such a holy day, we are still 90% sold out of 3 day badges! Sinners.
Did anyone buy already more tickets? I don't have the money to pay it this month. I'd definitely pay next month. You will even get a soda and some German candies for it at PAX east. I promise!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Happy Birthday Tashi, from a fellow Brick enthusiasts to another, if you know what I mean :p

Thanks, and yup, I gotcha :p

That's one of the main reasons that I play games at all. So nice to be able to dive into a game and for an hour or so, forget real life.

Happy Birthday Tashi!

I'm 21 and I'm attempting to refuse the fact that I will continue to age.

Thanks bro

Did anyone buy already more tickets? I don't have the money to pay it this month. I'd definitely pay next month. You will even get a soda and some German candies for it at PAX east. I promise!
I'll get you a pass when I get home in three hours (if no one else has by then). I'd do it now but I don't have my PAX registration number on me and I want to make sure it gets added to my existing order.

College had tons of gametime because games were more important than Class.

Hell a good 45 minutes in the textbook was worth four classes.

I used to skip class cause I was in the middle of memorizing enemy patterns in TMNT. Fuck that game was hard, the enemies in the Technodrone killed you in a single hit! Bullshit. I won though, then I popped in Predator, shit on that game too.

Happy birthday Tashii

Well, I think the Halo 4 hype has started to roll, in the Uk at least, tabloids are covering it as there coming attraction in 2012.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106

01/06

Lolololololololololololololol
Dj5Dh.gif

Happy Birthday

Top Bottom