• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut coming soon

apujanata

I played RE5 on my friend's home (PS3), and were killed at least 5 times within the first 2 hours. Probably not yet accustomed to the controller setup. If my friend bought the director's cut, I will try them out, especially if there is no sheva there (hate forced co-op) or the inventory are changed into not real time (never be able to master the inventory shortcut, even though my friend explained it to me).

badcrumble said:
It's going to use the PS3 motion controller. ahahahaha.

Uh, what's so funny? This is the best possible solution.

Personally, I haven't played RE5 at all, because I loved the wiimote aiming in RE4: Wii Edition. I was expecting to get a PC version of the game and hope someone hacked together wiimote support.

Totally buying Saggle™ now.

Anoop said:
14:01 -- The game is titled Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition.

14:00 -- Takeuchi says the motion-control-based game has a real direct control feel.

14:00 -- You play with one hand holding the wand and one hand holding the standard Dual Shock.

13:59 -- RE5 with motion controls looks just like the standard game, but there's a cursor on screen at all times reflecting your motion control movements.

Though this makes me :/

I thought Saggle had an analogue stick on it?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One could hope for an extra stage. Also adding more monsters would be something nice, something along the lines of a crimson head or iron maiden or whatever.

Somnia

Tricky I Shadow said:
Are you kidding me? One hand holding the wand and one hand holding the Dual Shock? Wow. :lol

Its pretty much the exact same as holding a wii remote and nunchuck except you get rumble in the ds3 and more buttons. I just held the controller in my left hand and it seemed fine to me.

They have to put put an analog stick on the wand, they can't not, it's insane. I'm not that comfortable holding the dual shock with two hands.

_leech_ said:
Is it that hard to grab a Dualshock and try it yourself?

no its not hard, Im just glad sony thought this whole motion controller thing through instead of throwing together something at the last minute...

iceatcs

look like I might buy it if it's really work.
13082009119657_560.jpg

markatisu

Just held the PS3 controller and while its easy to do I do not think it will be comfortable after say 30-40min. There is just way too much going on in the controller

I did not like the original RE5 and adding motion does not change the things I did not like about the game.

So you need the camera, wand and a reg controller to make this all work?

jrricky

Banned
Pointing a colored ball at the screen for a gun and holding the regular control in hand is going to be amazing!

Cant wait to see Microsoft's RE5 Natal solution...

MiamiWesker said:
I think this will either be a Wii version or its just DLC. I dont know about a whole new director's cut on the same consoles so soon after its hit. It would need major amounts of new content to be worth it.

It could be RE5 retooled for use with the new motion controllers from MS and Sony though.

Just wanted to say that I called it.

Sadly the control scheme for PS3 seems crappy. There better be an addon we dont know about.

Jostifer

This sounds pretty cool and a nice surprise, makes the motion controller a viable purchase day one now.
A lot of knee-jerk reactions in other thread though. -_-

Found this on biohaze, I dont have the source.

Takeuchi says the motion-control-based game has a real direct control feel. The game is titled Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition. In addition to the motion controls, the disc will include extra contents that have been requested by a number of people. Details on the extra content will be shown in a teaser movie at the Capcom booth later today. The motion version of RE5 hits in Spring.

farnham

Banned
Sectus said:
Why did this thread turn into this anyway? People who dislike RE5 wouldn't be interseted in a director's cut anyway, so they've got no reason to post in this thread. We should stay ontopic and speculate what this director's cut could be, like Patricia mentioned some good new scenes she did acting for, and that may be an awesome lesbian sex scene with Jill and Sheva. Talking about that would be 10 times more productive than arguing.
because i hope for a wii edition

the reasons i did not like RE5 were

well because it was a bad RE4 iteration with better graphics

why would i be interested in a wii edition..? because RE4 wiiedition had superior controlls to the RE5 360 (thats the version i have) game..

would the controlls make the game better ..? -> well at least slightly.. i hope.. with the 360 controller the game felt like gears of war done wrong.. of course it cant fix the convoluted story...

MiamiWesker said:

Takeuchi says the motion-control-based game has a real direct control feel. The game is titled Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition. In addition to the motion controls, the disc will include extra contents that have been requested by a number of people. Details on the extra content will be shown in a teaser movie at the Capcom booth later today. The motion version of RE5 hits in Spring.
We'd better see that content available in some way/shape/form on PC.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
MiamiWesker said:

that's from IGN's liveblog.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1027942p1.html

Cerberus

MiamiWesker said:

It's on IGN too.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1027961p1.html

Besides motion controls, the game has additional content as requested by fans, Takeuchi said.

There will also be a teaser trailer shown later.

Shit, I really hope Capcom releases the additional content as DLC too.

MiamiWesker said:

I hope they seriously release a patch and DLC for this. Don't be trying to sell me a disc only extra filled Director's Cut, Capcom. For this generation of games there is no real excuse anymore.

Somnia said:
Tricky I Shadow said:
Are you kidding me? One hand holding the wand and one hand holding the Dual Shock? Wow. :lol
Its pretty much the exact same as holding a wii remote and nunchuck except you get rumble in the ds3 and more buttons. I just held the controller in my left hand and it seemed fine to me.

I'm sure it'll be kinda comfortable and that Resident Evil 5 will control really well, but come on, surely they could have come up with something better other than holding the wand and Dual Shock.

MiamiWesker said:

:D :D :D

jrricky said:
Pointing a colored ball at the screen for a gun and holding the regular control in hand is going to be amazing!

Cant wait to see Microsoft's RE5 Natal solution...

Using the wand w/glowing ball isn't a problem; it's basically the same as the Wii remote. Holding a regular controller in your other hand is just...even if it wasn't final, why would you even show that to other people. It's just so beyond anything you would expect anyone to consider.

Does Nintendo own a patent on the nunchuck design or something? why the fuck wouldn't they just do that? It's all so ridiculous.

New Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition content shouldn't surprise fans, but they will love it

What does that mean? You know what's in it?

Azrael

Having an analog stick on the wand would have been ideal. An analog stick was probably not included because it was thought it would be an admission that motion control is substandard, unfortunately.

At the end of the day, if using a Dual Shock one-handed is as awkward as it sounds, there's nothing stopping someone from using a FragFX in conjunction with a wand, which would be basically indistinguishable from a Wii Motion+ and Nunchuck. Now, buying a wand plus a FragFX plus double dipping on RE5 doesn't sound very appealing to me. But for the posters who demanded pointer controls for RE5, I don't see much reason to complain, especially since this setup gives them the controls they claim they wanted without a major graphical downgrade.

Nemesis_

PC Costumes and Mercenaries Mode from PC version....that's it.

I'm kidding but that's the first thing I thought of with "fans want it but won't be surprised.

At least we know it's more Jill...

Will it be just for PS3 or 360 as well?

And I'm guessing there's no more DLC? Shit. I don't want to buy the game again. Just do both. Give it on disc for those who don't have it yet, so they get everything at once, and give it as DLC for those who already have the game. Fuck buying it again.

If all they're doing is adding motion controls and added dialog/cutscenes, there's really no reason why this couldn't be a patch or $10 DLC.

Snaku

Banned
Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine together in new RE5 content!

It should have been this way before, dammit. Right when
Jill was freed from Wesker's control
, Chris should have told that Sheva to take a hike. It still kills me that Jill didn't play a major role in taking out
Wesker
. What a crock of shit.

Strider2K99 said:
So this Alternative Edition is PS3 only or just the PS3 version has motion controls?
I think Capcom will port it to WiiHD whenever that comes out, and then that will be the definitive version. Oh boy.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Maybe this'll be like the Gears 2 alternate scenario DLC ?

Sheva gets killed off in the 7 minute fight and Chris and Jill team up for the remainder of the game *fingers crossed*

Sean

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
Capcom just tweeted:

Hell yea :D

Snaku said:
It should have been this way before, dammit. Right when
Jill was freed from Wesker's control
, Chris should have told that Sheva to take a hike. It still kills me that Jill didn't play a major role in taking out
Wesker
. What a crock of shit.

This too. It's so obvious that I'm guessing the only reason Capcom didn't do that was so they could release an "alternate" version later on.

Top Bottom