• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, have you ever stole anything?

linkboy

I work in food and I've gotten some fountain drinks occasionally and forgotten to ring it up.

I'm pretty sure I stole something when I was a kid.

spock

I tried to steal a copy of EGM in their early years from a corner newsstand/candy store on church and macdonald ave in Brooklyn. :p

I got caught, The guy started swinging the magazine at me after I handed it over when he caught me. Was something out of movie, lol.

Hastati

When I was young, maybe between the ages of 4 and 6, I liked to pilfer things. Random foreign coins from my Mom's bedroom drawer, trinkets, etc.

I think it was at its worst until I was maybe 5 or so, when I had filled my entire upper shirt to the brim with these brown counting beans and they all spilled out in front of the whole class and I burst into tears for cover. Don't remember getting the urge after that age, but I still remember the thrill!

Syder

I'm sorry mister perfect chilhood.
Sorry, mister assumption. My parents were poor but let me know there's no reason for a kid to be stealing.

You don't have to have a 'perfect childhood' to get taught that stealing is wrong. Nice assumption though

dpunk3

Too often, tbh.

Not a kelpto or anything. Majority of the time I just put things in my coat pocket/shopping bag from another store to make it easier to hold and end up forgetting about it. Happens all too often that at this point I should know and not do it.

I do knowingly take stuff as well every so often, but not as often as my forgetting.

Trace

Banned
I think I took a slurpee cup from 7-11 once, not an actual slurpee just the cup.

That's about all I can think of.

Regiruler

Stealing is a strong word.

Sometimes I took more than others typically from the company pantry. I justify it because it was generally being bought faster than being consumed.

I actually do that a lot with food at a gathering, to be honest. I always try to sneak seconds first before everyone else, and always keep going until I've had my fill even if it's beyond the norm.

depths20XX

I stole Civilization 3 from Kmart. Just went into the changing room with a pair of pants and took the game out of the box and put it in my coat. That place was surprisingly easy to steal from. My friends stole all kind of games and even consoles somehow.

I think that's the only thing I've stolen from a store.

Acorn

I took an extra milkshake above my set lunch in burger king when I worked there for 2 weeks (lol) at 16. So yeah i guess.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
When I was a kid, I stole Pokemon Cards.

I got caught, but I'm happy I did as it deferred me from trying again and I was already feeling guilty when I took them.

matt360

Yeah. I stole a box of Roger Rabbit stickers for those Panini sticker books when that book first came out. My mom caught me opening them in the car on the way home and made me take them back and apologize. I was really little.

99Luffy

Banned
Theres stuff that I accidently got but never returned. In those cases the store owes me shipping and handling if they want it back.

I think I have (mostly stupid shit like pencils from my dad, LOL), but I am definitely not proud of that. I hate stealing and I feel dirty about it. It just boggles my mind and makes me feel dirty that people actually steal money from their parents.

Sunster

in my first job at a supermarket called Winn-Dixie, I would buy lunch in the deli most days. then after I got my sandwich I'd take a sealed cup of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce from the counter and a magazine from the magazine aisle. I did this well over 50 times. I didn't know the sauce wasn't free. I did know bringing a mag to the break room was stealing according to our manager but whatevs I brought them right back afterward.

also I would take and eat food from the damaged goods box in the back because there's no way to get caught unless you're physically seen doing it. so. free food.

Gero

I took a pack of gum from a 7-11 when I was like 7 and my dad tripped out about it... At my job, I took some champagne bottles.

As a kid I stole money from my parents several times, I used the money to buy memory cards or play games at internet cafe. Now that I think about it, I bet they noticed what I did but back then but they never brought it up.

Mahonay

Banned
When we were like 8-9 years old my friends and I stole candy from a 7-11.

We also stole a single Genesis game from the bargain bin at a mall toy store. We had a ridiculously elaborate plane complete with a lookout. When we took it we ran off like we just robbed a bank.

Media

I was kinda a rotten teen.

Before cameras were everywhere I would steal cigarettes on the reg from our little 7-11 type store. I was real slick about it too. Did it for like 3 years before they installed cameras.

I was poor and underage I know I am terrible none the less.

Never got caught.
Never stolen anything since.

When I was in 1st grade at my school's book fair, there was a Kim Possible book. I was a huge fan, but I wasn't really interested in the book, but the card inside. It was one of those headache-inducing ones where you move it back and forth and the image changes. Here's one:

s-l225.jpg

Well, I quickly ripped open the book and nabbed the card inside. Nobody saw me.

7-year-old me felt guilty about it for months.

I used to steal one piece of candy from the checkout line every time my parents took me grocery shopping, but I eventually stopped because the guilt was just too much. Also I took a copy of The Sims: Bustin Out from my friend Andy in grade school. If you're out there Andy, I'm sorry.

jessop

Neo Member
Sorry, mister assumption. My parents were poor but let me know there's no reason for a kid to be stealing.

You don't have to have a 'perfect childhood' to get taught that stealing is wrong. Nice assumption though

stealing from shops is generally a Good Thing do to

regret not doing it more when i was young and the consequences were less intimidating

Reszo

I used to steal those Yugioh Decks and booster packs, mostly the decks, from Target all the time. I would walk around the store and break the tape seal and go in the pillow isle or something and take em out the packaging, grab my mom's keys and run out to the car a nervous wreck but I had all the yugioh cards lol.

It was mostly because my mom never would buy me more because she said I had too many.

psyfi

Banned
I did a lot in my twenties, but not since 27 or so (I'm 32 now). I'm not above it, I just don't feel much need to now that I'm more financially stable.

All this talk of cards is reminding me that my friend in 1st grade stole my Charizard Pokémon card back in '98. Like, a first ever run of the card. It was my favorite.

Fuck you, Jacob

When I left my previous job, I took all the company provided pens on my desk that worked. Which amounts to 3-4 transparent bics. I consider it payback for all the life they stole from me. And they still owe me on stolen milk.

In fact, for a place where people had such high salaries, theft was rampant, from food (including emails sent to all containing "I hope you are enjoying my yoghourt while I endure hunger") to MP3 players and even jewelry. We even planned setting a trap with a hidden camera until the data protection law happened.

Chuckie

I was kinda a rotten teen.

Before cameras were everywhere I would steal cigarettes on the reg from our little 7-11 type store. I was real slick about it too. Did it for like 3 years before they installed cameras.

I was poor and underage I know I am terrible none the less.

Never got caught.
Never stolen anything since.

Man...I did the exact same thing. I got caught once though after 2 years. Ended up at the police station and my mom had to pick me up. Fucking embarrassing. That put an end to it.

Top Bottom