• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, have you ever stole anything?

BFIB

I did once, at age 13. There was a local store called Phar-Mor. They rented out video games, and announced they were closing. Me and my family were there, taking a look at what they had on sale. they had a copy of Castlevania IV in an open case. I grabbed it, put it in my pocket, and knowingly took it.

I felt terrible about it, never played it and ended up donating it to GoodWill a few years later.

Tell me your five finger discount stories GAF.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
My wife's heart when she was my GF and said yes to my proposal.

<3

giphy.gif

jk that's sweet

J-Tier

A box of Nerds at a liquor store when I was like 6, I got caught though and put it back. Yu-gi-Oh and Pokemon cards from neighborhood kids.

DBT85

Yeah, I was a real badass.

Once I stole some seeds (for plants, as I said, badass) and some chewing gum from Woolworths.

I also whipped the occasional Milky Bar from Sainsburys when my mum took me in shopping.

To this day my folks do not know.

Also the obvious things like paper and post its from work.

cirrhosis

When I was 15 I worked in a pharmacy store. It sold video game magazines (CGM) with demo cds in them. I never saw them being sold and figured since they were being thrown away that they wouldn't be missed. I took two copies over two months. My manager got me on tape. Instead of firing me he took the cost out of my paycheck and chose not to tell my dad.

In college some dude left a Clutch CD in the computer lab during finals for 48 hours. I was a piece of shit back then so when I figured he had forgotten about it I chose to pick it up.

Dishwalla

Banned
I stole two dollars from a kid and used it to buy a bag of Doritos. He found out it was me and called my house and left a message on the answering machine, ensuring my parents would hear it. Smart kid, sure caused trouble for me.

Mathieran

Banned
I stole cigarettes from a local grocery store when I was in middle school a couple times. Feel bad when I think about it.

Daingurse

Yes, I've stolen many things. Only thing I'll admit to on here is that I stole my mom's credit card to buy and airsoft AK-47 when I was like 11-12 years old. She refused to get it for me, and I couldn't accept that I guess. I got into so much trouble when she found that thing too lol.

My friend works at a pharmacy and said their most commonly stolen items were alcohol, condoms, and pokemon cards
When I worked at a grocery store we found so many empty condom boxes hidden behind things. All those boxes and I never once saw anyone actually buying them.

I went to a 7-11 as a kid, heated up a burrito, shoved it in my jacket and tried walking out just paying for my slurpee. I got called on it, swore that I just "forgot" the burrito and got a "lifetime ban" from that 7-11, which was also the closest one to my house. I had to make up explanations for years to my parents why I didn't feel like going in there....funny when as an adult I realize now that that ban was specific to that employee that would likely not even remember my face if I came back in there the next day, and that the employees there never worked there for longer than a few months before moving on. That one experience somehow put the fear into me though and I never really stole anything again...except that one time in high school where I stole a fold up chair from a baskteball game, which I guess counts.

Ponn

Banned
When I was a toddler I remember sitting in the shopping cart and grabbing a can of spray cheese from one of those end cap shelves on an aisle and somehow getting all the way home with it with no one noticing. My parents finally noticed when we got home and I learned about stealing and my dad took me all the way back to the store and made me apologize and return it. I never got any of that spray can cheese and to this day I still have never had cheese out of spray can.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
of course. if only a pen at work or something, we've all stolen something. Not to mention shit we dont even remember as kids.

Ashhong

I stole this mechanical pencil from Walmart when I was younger. I loved that pencil and I knew my parents wouldn't pay 8$ for a pencil. Had it for like 10 years before someone stole it. The irony.

My grandma got leukemia and died when I was in high school. Everyone in my family knew it was coming, but no one told me. They just said she was sick, so I never said good bye to her. I went fuckon crazy for like a month afterwards. I stopped going to school and just shoplifted and smoked pot on the beach and cried my eyes out. I mostly stole cds. Got all of Radiohead's albums, the Wonder Years soundtrack box set, a giant toy rhinoceros, etc.

see5harp

I used to steal the shit out CD's at Tower Records when I was a kid. The messed up part is that I later ended up working there. It was basically what happened to the kid in Empire Records.

RRockman

Banned
PSY&#12539;S;237848166 said:
yes &#128532;

the declaration of independence &#128557;

So did you follow the treasure map or what

So Ummmmmmm...
does pirating count as theft?this could potentially affect my answer. My youth was not squeaky clean unfortunately.

C.Mongler

I accidentally stole a 25 dollar necklace from Target because it was left lodged in the bottom of my cart by a previous cart-user; I noticed it when I was loading bags into my car. Sure, I probably shouldn't have taken it, but it was already outside of the store so I thought "Eh, fuck it man". Carpe diem, I guess.

tariniel

I used to go to the magazine section and tear out the posters in the gaming magazines and take them home to hang on my wall. I must have been 7 or 8 and only did it a few times.

I've accidentally walked out of a store with something because it was on the bottom of the cart and I forgot to look, and so did the cashier.

When I was younger I stole a hat from the gift shop in the Franklin Institute here in Philly. Got caught by my parents and had to return it.

Spenny

I stole a Pokémon Pikachu (the tamagotchi thing) and big league chew from Toys R Us nearly twenty years ago.

In 8th grade some friends and I would steal hats from a big sporting goods store, then sell them to kids at school.

Edit:

Oh yeah, also stole a keg from a golf tournament.

Top Bottom