• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no Gears and no Halo this year.

My XBO count of games I want still sits at just Forza 5.

It'll be silly when Horizon 2 gets announced and it goes up to...two.

If Sony's first party pace ends up being this slow I won't own either system until fall of 2015 at this rate...

ekim

untitled27x5t.png

that's will totally not be final box art

So no Gears and no Halo this year.

My XBO count of games I want still sits at just Forza 5.

It'll be silly when Horizon 2 gets announced and it goes up to...two.

If Sony's first party pace ends up being this slow I won't own either system until fall of 2015 at this rate...

Halo 2 Anniversary this year BELIEVE

Going by ntkrnl's leak we will get Horizon 2, H2A, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break in Winter.

With destiny being this fall that's already too many games. Also Borderlands, and maybe evolve? Hopefully some of them might get a pushback, I simply won't have the time lol. Not too mention it will all have to share my time with smash as well. Fuck lol.

Vidpixel

I feel like this announcement could have waited until E3. Simply unveiling a piece of concept art with a description of the game seems like such a weird/unexciting way to announce one of your biggest exclusive franchises.

Anion

This would have been a pretty big announcement at E3 and from the wording it seems like they won't be showing or talking much about Halo 5 Guardians at their conference. I'm really starting to wonder what bombs Microsoft is preparing to drop on June 9th.
Yeah I'm getting more curious too as this would seem to be an E3 announcement

~~Hasan~~

I don't get it. why now ? why not wait for E3 surprise ?

do they have so MUCH awesome game to show at E3 to the point they cant even wait for halo surprise at the show ?

this E3 is going to be either super awesome or deep hell for MS. there is no in between now

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What are the chances of a Halo 1,2,3, Reach and 4 hitting XB1 in some sort of remastered form? I only ask as, yes Halo 2 10th anniversary and landing this year, but i think they could also do the others, release them sporadically leading up to Halo 5 next year.

I feel like this releasing next year kills the chance of a H2A with online multiplayer like everyone wants.

I don't see them releasing a remastered game that will absolutely kill the sales of their next one. Once Halo 2 online is back no one needs to play any other Halo.

H4r4kiri

It is so big that everything Ntkrnl said is true.

H2A is almost confirmed and Halo 5 a fall 2015 title.

The Cover looks really good you copycats ;)

JaggedSac

Halo always gets me excited. Looking forward to finding out where these folks are taking the franchise. New engine, dedies, 60 fps...cant wait.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
How is this a reveal? Have you guys been in comas for almost a year?

methodman

Banned
If they dropped all the incredibly shitty shield effects and power up abilities, I would buy a Xbox one ASAP. I hated that crap so much in halo 4 and odst, both games I owned and played extensively

Skeleton

Banned
tumblr_m1e56tgYui1rqnz7wo1_500.gif

OMG, I need to go outside and have a moment. So happy.

60fps
dedicated servers
ranking system 1-50
good maps
no custom load outs.
No random weapon drops.
NO Armour Abilities

bring me this 343.

Well dang, looks like I won't be buying before 2015 now. But I'll have plenty of other stuff til then and can't wait to see what all is in store for E3

Human_me

My guess for E3 will be:

Halo 5
A trailer, maybe showing some gameplay/in-engine footage, though its likely it will be a CGI trailer.

Halo 2 HD:
Gameplay demo and trailer.

Halo TV:
Trailer and a long talk about what they are hoping to achieve.

Liamario

Banned
Why make this announcement now, 18 months before release, in the manner? Surely people didn't actually expect the game to be out this year?!

Recall

tumblr_m1e56tgYui1rqnz7wo1_500.gif

OMG, I need to go outside and have a moment. So happy.

60fps
dedicated servers
ranking system 1-50
good maps
no custom load outs.
No random weapon drops.
NO Armour Abilities

bring me this 343.

Never understood why people didnt like the armour abilities. They weren't hard to beat just took more than a run and gun approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom