• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
so... WHERE IS THE ARBITER?!

Nice catch!

Frankie said that John was trying to conceal his identity in the reveal trailer right? Maybe he's running from ONI

Wow, if they make this character hunt chief down...

A7Lx0Be.gif

That means their E3 conference will be heavily focused on the remaining months of 2014, to turn things around.
I wonder how Sony reacts.

wtf, waiting for this actually paid off? I prepared myself for disappointment, but now I can redirect it somewhere else. E3 is going to be very interesting this year.

EmpReb

Banned
As someone who sold their xbone because it was point less vs my gaming PC. Consider me first in line for buying special edit xbone for halo 5. If rumors are true I can dump my 360 late this year and get a xbone for Halo 5 next fall.

Nibel

I guess that Shenmue 3 presentation needs more time than they expected so Halo 5 had to be cut

Please Halo 5: be good, mang

H4r4kiri

Halo is the only kind of Game that Sony needs IMO.

Sony needs a railgunish Shooter with a lot of High Jumps and Scifi Shooting and competitive Multiplayer. Resistance wasn't that at all. Halo is one of the best MP shooters i have to admit and was very very fun with friends.

It's not strange for game announcements for established IPs to be made pre-E3, and expanded on stage via demos, etc.

As a reference, Infamous 2, God of War Ascension also got announced outside of E3, but promised more details at E3.

It's the same with Far Cry 4.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
They're blowing their load a month early, which makes me wonder what the hell they have planned for E3. Just what dark magic is Phil Spencer using for the E3 conference that warrants Halo being a game they have to announce early? It's gonna be crazy.

Maybe it's just gross incompetence, like announcing a price drop a month early so no one buys your console for a month.

Halo 5 was bumped from the MS conference? Holy fucking shit.

Doubt it, I think its pretty much a guarantee that we will see halo 5 at E3. I think they are jus trying to build momentum (and off put the NPD numbers)

The emphasis on the old fans in that press release makes me hope that they are returning halo to its roots and not churning out another halo/cod hybrid like halo 4. A man can dream.

Ape

Banned
Yeah and it's not because there is some big beyond megaton news either.

There is just no way Phil Spencer is going to let the mind share be that all Microsoft has is Halo. They are clearly going to reveal H2A as the big E3 game and bumped this so that their whole line-up wasn't Halo. This new 'omg if HALO 5 got bumped..." stuff is pretty funny. But, E3 is about hype so ... Half-Life 3 CONFRIEMD XBOX1 xclusssssive!

You must be shook. I'll give you a few minutes.

Doubt it, I think its pretty much a guarantee that we will see halo 5 at E3. I think they are jus trying to build momentum (and off put the NPD numbers)

The emphasis on the old fans in that press release makes me hope that they are returning halo to its roots and not churning out another halo/cod hybrid like halo 4. A man can dream.

I don't know what they're going to show for Halo 5. Might just be a CG trailer if anything. Halo 2a will get most of the attention, no doubt. It's a near finished game and they will push it for this holiday. Halo 5 will get its time but unless there is a beta with 2a I don't see very much given to it.

SparkTR

Hard to get excited for another Halo game, could barely manage to beat the fourth one. Probably a good thing considering how far away it is, I'll check back later.

Majine

Banned
What makes people think this was bumped from E3? We knew there was gonna be Halo at E3, they confirmed Halo at E3. Everything is on route.

jayu26

Halo is the only kind of Game that Sony needs IMO.

Sony needs a railgunish Shooter with a lot of High Jumps and Scifi Shooting and competitive Multiplayer. Resistance wasn't that at all. Halo is one of the best MP shooters i have to admit and was very very fun with friends.

Destiny?

71561286_5KMVB0I.gif

Even though the game was announced a while back ("Halo Xbox One") I still would have preferred a "one last thing" reveal at this year's E3. Halo 3 reveal was my best evah. :D

...on the other hand, this opens up a slot for a new game reveal in that vein. New IP maybe? We'll see. Hyped for E3!

But, to make room for what else? Seriously, Phil must have a stellar lineup waiting for us if he's releasing all that he has so far before E3. I seriously can't wait.

Halo 2 Anniversary on PS4/WiiU. Microsoft gives up on Xbox and goes for free money, explaining why they can do whatever they wanted with Live and Removing Kinekt right now. Or this is on some magic new Xbox,

Wow, if they make this character hunt chief down...

A7Lx0Be.gif

I'm liking the chase ideas.

What about if it is Cortana, that they've made chase him, you know "Cortana". A familiar face they reveal just at the end before Chief kills the chaser, and its just a mech of some sort using it against him. Or a smart bounty hunter.

Damn.

Also, people already talking about gameplay, if you want it that was so badly, go play Halo 2. I want to play Halo 5.

Ubersnug

So, what does everyone think of the possibility that the Battlechest edition that NTKRL leaked is real too?

You know, H2 Anniversery edition with HD versions of Halo 3 and 4...

ekim

From the press release, I don't think we will see Halo 5 at E3. They wanted to get this announcement out of the way. (Name + release window)

We will probably only see H2A

Halo 5 was bumped from the MS conference? Holy fucking shit.

Yeah and it's not because there is some big beyond megaton news either.

There is just no way Phil Spencer is going to let the mind share be that all Microsoft has is Halo. They are clearly going to reveal H2A as the big E3 game and bumped this so that their whole line-up wasn't Halo. This new 'omg if HALO 5 got bumped..." stuff is pretty funny. But, E3 is about hype so ... Half-Life 3 CONFRIEMD XBOX1 xclusssssive!

Did you guys miss the part in the OP and the title of the thread where it says "more at E3"? The game is a year away and they will want to show a glimpse as to what it will look like on stage at E3. This "reveal" is just to generate additional headlines this week. It is such a small amount of info (a name and a release window that we all could have guessed as soon as Halo 4 released). I don't think they care or are self aware enough to be bothered with being seen as a Halo, Gears, Forza box, if they did they wouldn't have taken Black Tusk off their original game.

jayu26

71561286_5KMVB0I.gif

Even though the game was announced a while back ("Halo Xbox One") I still would have preferred a "one last thing" reveal at this year's E3. Halo 3 reveal was my best evah. :D

...on the other hand, this opens up a slot for a new game reveal in that vein. New IP maybe? We'll see. Hyped for E3!

No, it does not...this is their biggest game. It is going to be on the stage...

Major stuff being pre-announced with tiny fluffs of concept art and a title before E3 is new for this year right?

With the game being 1.5 years away I doubt this is a teaser for a significant showing at E3. Wouldn't it make more sense to have this be the stinger at the end of their Halo stuff? Oh well, whatevz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom