• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

The first time I have pre-ordered a game in ages and now this.

There is a lesson in here somewhere.

Is the lesson that you can still cancel your pre-order and get the game on the day of release after any discussion on potential technical issues is no longer embargoed?

George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif

I must say these fallout thread's have been marvelous and entertaining this past month. Didn't kno fallout was so highly praised my self or bethseda

I haven't read through this whole thing, but has the xbone version been reported to run better? I'm just trying to decide which console to go with

Red Hood

Banned
Mind you, I have been on a media black-out for Fallout 4 since E3, but I thought it would have a seamless transition from indoors to outdoors (like The Witcher 3 for example). I thought I read something like that. It doesn't?

Mind you, I have been on a media black-out for Fallout 4 since E3, but I thought it would have a seamless transition from indoors to outdoors (like The Witcher 3 for example). I thought I read something like that. It doesn't?

For smaller buildings, it's seamless. For larger buildings there is a load time.

That's Gamebryo for you.

J_Viper

If the PS4 version is the superior version, I would be worried about what the Xbox One version looks like...

Is there a chance that the Xbone version turns out a slight bit better?

I mean, they did go ahead and port over Skyrim just for the sake of learning the console inside and out, was the same done for the PS4?

No. there are still buildings that require a loading screen, but normal houses and such don't.

evilr

Banned
Why would they want to purposely cripple a game especially on the console that's leading in sales and in more people's homes(you understand Bethesda is a business and not invested in console warz right?). They are a business and are you kidding with Microsoft paying to make the ps4 version worse remove tin foil hat.

Wouldn't a more realistic reason be that Bethesda optimized the engine for directX. I'm sure it's gonna run equally bad on Xbox as well.

Right, but if as you say Bethesda are in it for the business, then why have they agreed a marketing deal with the console that has half the user base of the other?

Clearly, the previous generation has clouded the judgments of those that decide these things. I am suggesting that Bethesda hasn't even tried with the PS4 version because they'd assume it wont be as popular as Microsoft's. Dont forget, these deals are made well before announcements.

It may also confirm that Fallout 4 itself is a mod of Fallout 3, with just some chopping, changing, and adding here and there.

Kyoufu

To be fair, yeah, it takes a few dozen hours to be majorly effected - but most players reached that point easily. On top of that, they never bothered fixing it - presumably because it continued to sell so well. By the time all the DLC had dropped, despite all the DLC release delays for the PS3... No fixes. Even after the rereleased Legendary Edition. Nothing.

IIRC, the game did get patched several times. In the end it seemed like they were unable to fix it.

DrKelpo

Banned

some houses, yes.... caves, basements, bigger buildings etc have a loading screen.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Overreactions to frame rates and resolutions. That's definitely what this gem should be remembered for.

Is it a younger gamer thing? My teenage years were spent playing through 10-15 FPS games across Saturn, Nintendo 64 and PplayStatin and I loved them. Occasional dips from 30 and 60 in today's games is the videogame equivalent of first world problems.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I'm convinced VATS only exists because gunplay in Fallout games is atrocious and unreliable, so they need an automatic firing system set up, otherwise you're shit out of luck (especially if looking through a scope, apparently). lol

Overreactions to frame rates and resolutions. That's definitely what this gem should be remembered for.

Is it a younger gamer thing? My teenage years were spent playing through 10-15 FPS games across Saturn, Nintendo 64 and PplayStatin and I loved them. Occasional dips from 30 and 60 in today's games is the videogame equivalent of first world problems.

Some people have standards, even if others do not.

DrkSage

Well sweet mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, this thread is fucking amazing.

I bought skyrim for the ps3 a year after it released and it still had its fair share of problems and I played through it. I was hoping this wasn't the case for FO4 but I guess it is. I know I said in some other fo4 that I played trough skyrim on ps3 just fine and that I wouldn't mind playing trough FO4, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I'm convinced VATS only exists because gunplay in Fallout games is atrocious and unreliable, so they need an automatic firing system set up, otherwise you're shit out of luck (especially if looking through a scope, apparently). lol

Other than the framerate drops, the gunplay looks vastly improved compared to FO3 or NV.

Apparently they sent review copies of the PS4 version (They have a marketing deal with MS no ?) So why not review the game with XB1 version ? (IMHO = Performing worse...)

Dudes said the exact opposite a few days ago that the press kits are Xbox one. I changed my preorder on that info. I wish someone who actually knows can verify.

Boke1879

Right, but if as you say Bethesda are in it for the business, then why have they agreed a marketing deal with the console that has half the user base of the other?

Clearly, the previous generation has clouded the judgments of those that decide these things. I am suggesting that Bethesda hasn't even tried with the PS4 version because they'd assume it wont be as popular as Microsoft's. Dont forget, these deals are made well before announcements.

They probably just have a good working relationship with MS is all.

Jito

Banned
You've got a pretty wildly different definition of horrible than me, looks slightly janky and the kinda stuff I can live with. Will buy the PC version when I want awesome IQ and rock solid framerate. Playing NV at the moment with a ton of mods and it still hitches sometimes anyway.

AHA-Lambda

i KNEW Bettesda would betray PS4 fans, just like always. i noticed in some streams very bad antialiaising and framerate when others said its fine, but i knew it.. i just knew Bettesda would betray us. they always do, end of story. do not trust them.

we PS4 fans should support real devs like those who made The Order 1888 and Driveclup, absolutely beautiful games only possible on PS4. Fallout is laughable if you compare any jpg of gif you can find. this game should cost 8 dollars on PSN because thats how cheaply made it looks (to real gamers at least)

like i said i knew it but people wouldnt believe

always great to see butt hurt man children over any perceived slights with video games.

Review thread is going to be legendary.

giphy.gif

What's bethesda's track record for fixing this kind of shit on PlayStation? Because Witcher 3 looked and played horribly on PS4 at launch but CDPR pretty much fixed it immediately.

It might not, and may have already been mentioned, but it's possible that rebuilding your database, if you haven't in awhile, could make things better. The Witcher 3 did improve a bit when I did that after a recent patch.

What's bethesda's track record for fixing this kind of shit on PlayStation? Because Witcher 3 looked and played horribly on PS4 at launch but CDPR pretty much fixed it immediately.

We'll see, but unlike the PS3 versions of their games, the ps4 version of Fallout 4 has a good shot at being the bestselling version, so that could motivate them.

riotous

Banned
I'm convinced VATS only exists because gunplay in Fallout games is atrocious and unreliable, so they need an automatic firing system set up, otherwise you're shit out of luck (especially if looking through a scope, apparently). lol.

I don't have any trouble with gunplay on PC; I wonder if they've just never developed proper auto-aim like what most popular console shooters use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom