• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanquish (PC) |OT| Steam Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Knees

leng jai

Somehow I have a sneaking suspicion this isn't going to be anywhere as good as I remember it being when I played it at launch.

Just pulled my copy of the Vanquish strategy guide by Future Press (including Saur) out of the bookshelf. I should get reacquainted with its mechanics by Thursday.

Somehow I have a sneaking suspicion this isn't going to be anywhere as good as I remember it being when I played it at launch.

I imagine it's going to be face-meltingly incredible with keyboard and mouse an unlocked resolution and framerate, right up until you hit the first unskippable first-person loading slow-walk section.

c0Zm1c

Someone on Steam, who says they got a review copy early, is saying key binding customisation is in.

They're also saying not to attempt the game with keyboard and mouse but it sounds like another "third-person games don't work on keyboard and mouse" claim so I still feel none the wiser about it. :\

I just completed 50/50 achievements and all 101 umbran tears of blood in Bayonetta on Steam this weekend.

Super ready for Vanquish now.

rtcn63

I actually don't remember the game as much I should. I played it on 360, the first few hours at most. I do recall fighting the millenium falcon or something. It had a lot of turrets.

And since it's on Steam and I'd be remiss:

Steam | June 2017 - Prey slaughtered, nightmare Vanquished

Mupod

Gears 4 PC's many issues including a progress-ending black screen crash in act 3 have me wanting to play a better cover knee sliding shooter. Just in time.

I never did finish that final challenge mission. Not fucking with God Hard again though, it's certainly tough but it's to the point where it isn't fun.

Alright! Now a whole new generation of people gets to complain about Jim Sterling's 5/10 review!

hey, I never stopped complaining.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What time is unlock?

t1495724400z4.png

Edit: Fixed.

hollomat

Banned
Really excited to play this. I've played and loved almost every other platinum game (ninja turtle was awful but that was mainly due to the budget), but somehow I missed this when it came out.

Sephzilla

This is Jim Sterling and Destructoid's grand chance to go back and fix that 5/10 score !!

Yes I'm still bitter!

kodecraft

Interested to see how some of the newcomers to Vanquish like this.

Got this day one last gen because not only was it Platinum but it was Mikami-led.

Vanquish is Platinums version of Gears. Roadie run(slide), cover, team of military soldiers, etc.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Cannot wait to play this with keyboard and mouse. I loved it on 360 but I suck playing shooters with a controller.

this is going to become my new "im at my computer but i dont know what i wanna do, guess ill play ..." game.

i am so happy this is really finally happening.

Will my 980 Ti run this at 4K 60fps max settings?

Friendly reminder that judging game performance at "max" settings—without the context of what those settings are—isn't the best idea, as it effectively encourages developers give us less options.

nullref

Will my 980 Ti run this at 4K 60fps max settings?
I mean it ran on a 360... Probably. I can run Bayonetta locked at 5k on a 1070.

While I don't expect it to be very demanding to run, it's good to remember that it ran at about half Bayonetta's framerate on the 360 (and I think a lower resolution). And if we're talking about "max settings", we don't know exactly how demanding any PC-specific graphical options they've added might be.

Top Bottom