• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta - PS4/PS3 comparisson.

Tagyhag

I really feel like that difference doesn't justify the lack of 60fps for the next gen consoles., I wonder if it was just to keep it similar to the old gen.

jelly

Don't think I've ever seen a good player shadow in any last gen FPS game. They are always big pixel messes.

Orayn

It look a might soft for it to be 1280x720. That, or they're using the dreaded quincunx AA method.

IIRC Bungie's tech documents on the engine mostly talked about FXAA as their method of choice. Could be a lower quality implementation than what PS4 has.

Guymelef

PS3:
iL9SUiwVigbIE.png

isaaZyKupOJ0G.png

iblsxqdT4mvytw.png

Ridley327

IIRC Bungie's tech documents on the engine mostly talked about FXAA as their method of choice. Could be a quality implementation than what PS4 has.

So it must be sub-HD in this case. FXAA definitely doesn't blur that much.

Not surprising, given that all of their Halo games were sub-HD (even if only slightly in Reach's case), and the scale of this game is a bit grander.

Orayn

Were these taken with identical gamma and color settings? I like how the colors pop a bit more on PS3.

EDIT: Yeah, these screens definitely have different black levels.

Angelcurio

I can't even log in to the SEN webstore to redeem my code, looks like the servers are getting hammered.

Will PS4 and PS3 players share the same servers, as with DCUO and FFXIV? it would be really nice if this games allows cross platform play.

VanWinkle

I have to say, I'm actually kind of surprised how well it holds up. It looks much much worse, of course, but it wasn't as big of a difference as I was expecting!

I'm more looking forward to comparing the PS4/Xbox One versions, as I'm still undecided about which version to get.

Unfortunately you just know that thread is going to be a console warz shitstorm.

Sande

That shadow is a prime example of my biggest pet-peeve with last gen: Cramming in fancy technology (like dynamic lighting) that the hardware can't properly deal with only making games uglier as a result.

That shadow is a prime example of my biggest pet-peeve with last gen: Cramming in fancy technology (like dynamic lighting) that the hardware can't properly deal with only making games uglier as a result.

ha I do this with PC games.

Lots of settings on ultra but shadows on low or even disabled. I just don't think shadows are worth the processing power they require.

Robin64

About what I expected. A winner if the performance is high, as Bungie said they are prioritising.

It's the loading I am wondering about more than anything. It was pretty awful playing FFXIV with my PC friends, they would be loaded a good minute before I was. Painful..

Top Bottom