• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta - PS4/PS3 comparisson.

For the sake of comparison:
tumblr_n8vhdus2d01tudntgo1_500.gif

Skele7on

Banned
you diss it but this is still one of the best looking multiplatforms on the console.

Especially for a studio team that's never developed for ps3 before
(obviously some of the new hires have but you get my point).

Hats off to bungie, really done a great job here.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'm absolutely floored with how good last Gen looks still all these years later.

It's kind of not surprising looking at the screen compares why the PS4 and Xbox One AREN'T more powerful than they are.

You do understand that you can't judge the power of the PS4 and Xbone by this game right?

Not seeing a huge difference, nothing that says "WOW! Now this is next gen!"

Only real obvious thing is that shadow which is hardly a big issue IMO (though I'm curious how that happened, because I've seen worse looking games on PS3 with better shadows).

I have the beta on both PS4 and PS3 so will get some first hand experience in comparing them.

question i have is does gameplay 'feel' the same?

As in, i don't have a ps4 atm, but got a ps3 code, play this a bit enjoy this, get a ps4 down the line, i can expect a similar playing game?

tskeeve

You guys are REALLY picky. Yeah, the shadow is blocky, but everything else looks pretty damn good on the PS3. I'm shocked they were able to get it to look that similar, actually.

Guymelef

question i have is does gameplay 'feel' the same?

As in, i don't have a ps4 atm, but got a ps3 code, play this a bit enjoy this, get a ps4 down the line, i can expect a similar playing game?

Aside controls, DS4 aiming is miles no, MILES better than DS3, performance on PS3 is really good.

Percy

Banned
Honestly I'd have expected worse from PS3... but I'd still sooner not play the game than have to play it on caveman tech if I had a choice.

0racle

Alright, maybe I am different than most here but those PS3 shots blew my mind.

As someone who has not touched a "previous" gen console since last November in my minds eye I *think* all of the PS3 and XBOX360 games look like junk. Maybe its the fact that im playing in a new console and my perceived jump in graphics is not nearly as big as it actually is. As long as the destiny performs ( as im sure it will since next gen is 30 fps as well ) then I am flabbergasted.

Obviously I can point out the differences when looking at the comparison pics. But if someone simply posted the PS3 shots I would have assumed its PS4 - it looks that good. Wow...talk about a kick in the nuts.

Aside controls, DS4 aiming is miles no, MILES better than DS3, performance on PS3 is really good.

Yeah, it's really smooth but it has definitely come at a cost. In general gameplay the visuals are serviceable but wow it get's really muddy when you go to the tower.

Darknight

The fact it looks ok on PS3 means if this was PS4/XB1 only, it would look even better. Cross gen game, while ok, arent really like taking all the system's advantages.

Will try and DL both and see how they run though.

Damn PS3 is blurry as shit! I honestly can't wait till we get games built specifically for current-gen specs, kinda sick of the old systems holding the PS4 and X1 back...(Yea Im sure PC peeps will say the same about the Current ten holding PC back, don't bother mentioning it lol).

Riky

$MSFT
Ps3 version is smooth but looks very low res and blurry, if you go from one to the other the difference in image quality is massive.

Top Bottom