• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PS4/XB1 (fall 2017)

oti

Banned
It only took two pages for Switch begging this time. Still embarrassing tho.

giphy.gif

Bluth54

This makes me wonder what the final sales of DD might end up being. It was two million on last gen alone, right? What'd PC boost it to? And what will this get them? Even though fall is like the worst possible time to launch this.

Edit: You got that edit in quick. Anyway, Capcom initially wanted the thing to sell like...10 million lol. That was unrealistic, same as it was for the last RE to sell six mil and they were still disappointed.

Steamspy shows it just over 680,000 owners on Steam.

Kudo

Will be interesting to see if it's direct port of the PC version or some small improvements to it like in Valkyria Chronicles.
Nevertheless looking forward to this, didn't double dip yet on PC even though this is one of my favs in long time so maybe this'll get me back into it.

Strike

Oh shit, for real? Passed on this last gen but it looks like I'll finally get to see what the all the fuss is about. They should port Okami again while they're at it too.

Vuze

Sweet. I'm wondering if that one guy on twitter I recently saw ridiculing PC gamers for being happy about late Bayonetta/Vanquish ports will suddenly change his mind considering he is a DD nutter and PS4 fanboy lol

Where are the other ports of old games Capcom teased a while ago tho

oti

Banned
He's right though, portbeg yadda yadda. *saves gif*

I've played through this game on PS3 and have a capable PC. The only console version that would interest me is the Switch. That's completely rational. If it never comes out on Switch, that's ok. I'm still happy it comes out on current gen.

Until you start spending more time playing on your Switch rather than begging for every release in every topic, this is the only letter you need

dKVwW1.gif

Nah but seriously can we have one topic where this isn't a thing? It's possible that the game will come out on other systems. Just give it time.

Anyway I'm triple dipping. DD is one of my favorite games so it's a no brainer. And them throwing out remasters usually leads to a new game of some sort. If they can figure out how to cut down on development costs.

And I'm back in day 1. I skipped the PC version hoping for a PS4 port one day.

I hope developers keep remaking my favourite PS3 games for PS4. I never want to switch my PS3 on again.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting this. Always ready to support more DD.

However, hopefully they'll improve the graphics a bit, at least the lights etc. Going back to play DD barebones will be hard on the eyes after playing with mods on PC.

oti

Banned
Until you start spending more time playing on your Switch rather than begging for every release in every topic, this is the only letter you need

dKVwW1.gif

Nah but seriously can we have one topic where this isn't a thing? It's possible that the game will come out on other systems. Just give it time.

Anyway I'm triple dipping. DD is one of my favorite games so it's a no brainer. And them throwing out remasters usually leads to a new game of some sort. If they can figure out how to cut down on development costs.

I get it. I'm not asking for a Switch port in the Red Dead 2 thread. But this is DD. An old game I love and have played through already. This announcement for PS4 and XBO makes me happy but I wouldn't buy those versions. I have a capable PC. That PC version will be better than whatever the consoles get. But still: If I was to replay DD it would be on a mobile system. That's all.

And I'm back in day 1. I skipped the PC version hoping for a PS4 port one day.

I hope developers keep remaking my favourite PS3 games for PS4. I never want to switch my PS3 on again.
Agreed.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My PS3 died 3 days after I bought Dark Arisen, and I never got it fixed because I was playing PS4 by that point. I'm so happy this is happening :D

pbayne

same strategy as the ps3 version for me. Ill buy it, play it for 2 hours and get too intimidated to play anymore lol.

Hopefully it does well enough to get a full sequel tho.

bebop242

So I've bought

Dragons Dogma ps3 on its release day
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen ps3 disk
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen ps3 digital
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen PC

Yup buying this on ps4.

Ahh, thinking about Dark Arisen and how ball-bustingly hard it was compared to the normal campaign. That shit was crazy. It's so odd how ridiculously well designed it was too.

I get it. I'm not asking for a Switch port in the Red Dead 2 thread. But this is DD. An old game I love and have played through already. This announcement for PS4 and XBO makes me happy but I wouldn't buy those versions. I have a capable PC. That PC version will be better than whatever the consoles get. But still: If I was to replay DD it would be on a mobile system. That's all.

Agreed.

That's nice and all, but it's so consistent in every topic that it's annoying. Like, pretty much every announcement gets someone asking. Old game or no, just wait until they mention it. Not too difficult.

same strategy as the ps3 version for me. Ill buy it, play it for 2 hours and get too intimidated to play anymore lol.

Hopefully it does well enough to get a full sequel tho.

If you are three hours in, you probably just reached Gransys, the big city. DD is a game that can be as easy as you make it. Like people have issues with the Troll, you can do a ton of different things to take him down.

- Get oil, throw it on him, and then toss a Throwblast or whatever they are called.
- Do the same as above, but use spells if your character has them.
- Have your mage enchant your blade with fire and strike him in the face.
- Goad him into doing the drop kick off the ledge.
- Torpor him to slow him down
- Throw some poison arrows or vials his way
- Wet him with a vial of water and hit him with any Thunder attack.
- Aim for his legs to trip him.
- Bring some of those powder kegs with you and toss them at his face.
- If your Pawn is a girl, he'll go after her. And if she's a tank, let her do her thing as you get in free hits.

etc. etc.!

I'd play this if there was new content.
Game isn't old and I pretty much did everything possible x100 due to the grinding.

Only announced for Japan so far but almost certainly coming West.

You'd think so, but the follow-up was released in Japan multiple years back and still hasn't come West yet with no signs of ever coming.

Hopefully 60fps, because it's the way it's meant to be played.

I might triple dip if that's the case. But I'll miss my favorite ENB preset and mods from PC version.

Bubble

Neo Member
Excited for this. I keep seeing people say that Dragon's Dogma is such a good game and that the combat is the best part, so I'm looking forward to trying this game out if it comes out in the West.

levyjl1988

Banned
I wish my save from the X360 would transfer over. I played the original to a high completion level but never did the Dark Arisen portion.

Sigh, as much as I like the idea of starting over I wish I can continue where I last left off.

DKHF

I'd play this if there was new content.
Game isn't old and I pretty much did everything possible x100 due to the grinding.

You'd think so, but the follow-up was released in Japan multiple years back and still hasn't come West yet with no signs of ever coming.
They wouldn't bother doing an XB1 version if this was Japan only, XB1 is dead in Japan. And it's a lot more difficult to bring an online game like DD Online than a remaster to the west.

Top Bottom