• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

A bunch of folks PMed me over the weekend interested in purchasing my amiibo but very few have gotten back to me. If you're not interested please let me know so I can let other posters have access to the amiibo you originally requested.

Thanks.

Hey dude, you can let someone else have the two I asked about. They're more expensive than I thought they'd be.

Best of luck with them :)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Hey dude, you can let someone else have the two I asked about. They're more expensive than I thought they'd be.

Best of luck with them :)

I'm up for counteroffers if you'd like to make 'em. They're doing me no good so I'd rather let them go for less than I was hoping than to just let them collect dust.

Luke_Wal

I've noticed a lot of people in the BST thread looking for Callie/Marie Amiibo. When did these two even come out? I don't remember hearing anything about their release.

PS: do all the Inkling Boy/Girl/Squid ones do the same thing, regardless of color? Or is there a difference I should know about before buying them? For Splatoon 2, not 1.
Sorry, amateur Amiibo collector here. I have all the FE ones, and a couple BotW's, but outside of that, I'm a rookie.

I've noticed a lot of people in the BST thread looking for Callie/Marie Amiibo. When did these two even come out? I don't remember hearing anything about their release.

PS: do all the Inkling Boy/Girl/Squid ones do the same thing, regardless of color? Or is there a difference I should know about before buying them? For Splatoon 2, not 1.
Sorry, amateur Amiibo collector here. I have all the FE ones, and a couple BotW's, but outside of that, I'm a rookie.

Those Inkling Boy/Girl Amiibo's were only different colours to my knowledge, they did the same things in-game as the first run set. It seems like Nintendo did that in hopes of people wanting all the colours or as like a "re-print" kinda thing, as the 3 pack with the Squid Amiibo was particularly tough to get if you didn't get it right away.

Kudo's to Nintendo to doing the Inkling Boy/ Girl/ Squid as single units for purchase this time.

The Callie & Marie set came out last summer if I remember correctly, it didn't seem like their were many extra's if you didn't preorder and they only came as a set.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Callie and Marie were July 8th of last year and from what I witnessed they didn't get a particularly big print run nor did many retailers carry them in-store, so they were pretty limited all around.

The only Splatoon I don't have is the "alternate colors" set, and I'm torn on whether or not I want them because they're literal recolors of the ones I bought at the game's launch in 2015.

I saw the recolor set at Toys R Us forever but I never wanted to nab them at MSRP. The TRU website says they're no longer available for in-store pickup so they're probably long gone with Splatoon 2's launch.

I am done forever

Forever and ever and ever

Until they make a Switch port and add like 6 more characters and god dammit Nintendo

Also they look super lopsided in that pic for some reason but trust me irl they look beautiful.

Luke_Wal

Similar to my Callie/Marie question: when/where was Roy available? He's the only FE Amiibo I don't have, and I'm having a very hard time finding him.

I have a question sorry! I'm trying to get a Callie and Marie amiibo from NA. Preferably sealed or in extremely good condition.

Where would be the best place to look for the pack? I've looked at all my local stores so far. No luck.

Or is anyone selling here?

YES! I was lucky enough to grab a Player 2 Corrin from a shop that was cleaning the leftovers of their storage. My Smash amiibo collection is at ease now.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Here's an updating listing with that's left.

nsy22Bil.jpg

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. No crazy scalper prices, though I may go a bit over MSRP for a few of the rarer ones depending on their current selling prices.

New in Box:
Captain Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff
Shulk
Lucas
Yoshi
Greninja
Ness
Pit
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Peach
Charizard
Mewtwo

Out of Box:
Pikachu
Wario
Meta Knight
King Dedede

ag-my001

The Shulk is tempting, especially if the trend of tying exclusive content to older amiibo holds. But then again, I may not even get XB2. That art-style...

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Updated my above image and listing again.

Thinking of putting in an order with Nintendo. I want the Kirby series but I don't think they're stocked at retail stores anymore.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Hahaha, even when you're trying to cash out, you're still hooked.

It's not really that I'm trying to "cash out", because I'm keeping almost half of the Smash line I purchased: characters I like or that are otherwise meaningful to me.

With the Smash line I was more or less on autopilot and buying them as they were released for some reason. Now I've sort of "come to my senses" and realized I don't particularly care for Pokémon, Fire Emblem, and a few other franchises I bought amiibo for.

I love the Mario characters, but I'd rather have the Mario series amiibo than the Smash series, so I'm selling Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, etc.

Kirby's Adventure is my favorite NES game of all time, so the Kirby characters mean a lot to me, but I'd rather have the Kirby series amiibo than the Smash series amiibo, so I'm selling the Smash series Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight and I'll pick up those three in the Kirby series down the road.

It's not really that I'm trying to "cash out", because I'm keeping almost half of the Smash line I purchased: characters I like or that are otherwise meaningful to me.

With the Smash line I was more or less on autopilot and buying them as they were released for some reason. Now I've sort of "come to my senses" and realized I don't particularly care for Pokémon, Fire Emblem, and a few other franchises I bought amiibo for.

I love the Mario characters, but I'd rather have the Mario series amiibo than the Smash series, so I'm selling Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, etc.

Kirby's Adventure is my favorite NES game of all time, so the Kirby characters mean a lot to me, but I'd rather have the Kirby series amiibo than the Smash series amiibo, so I'm selling the Smash series Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight and I'll pick up those three in the Kirby series down the road.

They might be gone by now, but I got the whole Kirby line through Best Buy. I find they're a good resource for a lot of Amiibos at this point.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They might be gone by now, but I got the whole Kirby line through Best Buy. I find they're a good resource for a lot of Amiibos at this point.

Definitely not in store. My local one always gets cleaned out. Walked by the section the other dayn and only 2 Pikachus were sitting on the hooks.

You might be able to order in ones that are listed as "sold out", with possible warehouse restocks. Mostly fir newer releases.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The only Kirby series amiibo listed on the Best Buy website is Waddle Dee, so I'm guessing store inventory has long since dried up.

zroid

Banned
I don't need Skyward Sword Link because it doesn't look unique enough to justify yet another Link amiibo purchase. But I would be all over a SS Zelda 🙃

RootCause

I don't need Skyward Sword Link because it doesn't look unique enough to justify yet another Link amiibo purchase. But I would be all over a SS Zelda 🙃
SS Link is as unique as any other Link. imo
TP Link has two amiibo though. I'd rather get a blue/red runic Limk at this point. :p

I haven't been to Best Buy in a long time so describe the Amiibo scene to me there. If I go to one right now, am I likely to find much? What about Target?

LiK

I haven't been to Best Buy in a long time so describe the Amiibo scene to me there. If I go to one right now, am I likely to find much? What about Target?

They have some dedicated sections and Nintendo did do some reprints. Depends on what you're looking for. Doesn't hurt to take a look.

zroid

Banned
SS Link is as unique as any other Link. imo
TP Link has two amiibo though. I'd rather get a blue/red runic Limk at this point. :p

True, that's what I meant, all the adult Link amiibo look too similar to bother getting more than a couple. In hindsight I wish I had gotten SS (for example) instead of the Smash one (lol), but what's done is done. :p

I did get Link Rider for BOTW though, since its design definitely stands on its own. And Wolf Link is its own beast entirely (no pun intended).

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The only Zelda amiibo I ended up keeping was the 8-Bit Link and Wolf Link.

I'd be all over a Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds/Link's Awakening amiibo, but Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword Link doesn't really do anything for me design-wise.

Ended up going to Best Buy and they had two Majora's Mask Links. I hemmed and hawed and finally bought one. I don't like Majora's Mask but I want that Fierce Diety armor set real bad.

I wish I could find an affordable Skyward Sword Link.

Top Bottom